[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
book adaptations favorite? least favorite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (399 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
399 KB, 351x500
book adaptations

favorite? least favorite?
>>
File: As-I-Lay-Dying-poster.jpg (135 KB, 640x961) Image search: [Google]
As-I-Lay-Dying-poster.jpg
135 KB, 640x961
Picture related is one of the best adaptations in the last 20 years. His other attempts have been awful to mediocre, but this one is fucking spot on
>>
>>63488527
I heard that one was terrible and Child of God was decent. Still havent seen any for myself though, and Sound and Cury looks awful.

Favorite adaptation is probably The Man Who Would Be King.
>>
>>63489023
Fury not cury
>>
>>63488527
that title isn't grammatically correct
>>
File: 1396997320736.png (562 KB, 788x765) Image search: [Google]
1396997320736.png
562 KB, 788x765
Best: Game of Thrones Season 1

Worst: Game of Thrones Season 4 onward
>>
fellowship of the ring is my favourite book adaptation, easily.
>>
>>63488450
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows could have been an incredible movie. I was rewatching it recently and it really hit me how much it could have been edited down.

Still waiting for the inevitable animated mini series in 10-15 years.
>>
File: Fight Club.jpg (22 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
Fight Club.jpg
22 KB, 214x317
I know that it's cool to hate on Fight Club, but it really is a fantastic adaptation, even the author of the book admits that Fincher did a better job than him.
>>
File: A-DANCE-WITH-DRAGONS.jpg (962 KB, 939x1427) Image search: [Google]
A-DANCE-WITH-DRAGONS.jpg
962 KB, 939x1427
Season 5
>>
Anyone have any movies that you feel perfectly adapted the book, setting-wise at least? I remember when I saw the movie Capote with PSH, the house and the surrounding area where the murder happened looked EXACTLY how I had imagined it and so did the courtroom where the two guys were hanged and the jail cell like everything was exactly how I had pictured. It was very eerie
>>
>>63489023
Even if that was an opinion you heard, why would you spread it? James Franco is literally trying to kill both mainstream and independent American cinema at the same time. Nothing he's directed is good. Any "decent" adaptation of Child of God (which is not possible) would be too gratuitous for any distributor on the planet. He's a fucking hack, a weak comedian and a terrible actor, and a coward. Fuck James Franco.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.