[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong and how can we save him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: colbert.jpg (51 KB, 325x225) Image search: [Google]
colbert.jpg
51 KB, 325x225
http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/colbert-slips-to-4th-place-in-late-night-race-beaten-by-seth-meyers-who-airs-one-hour-later/
>>
More far-left propaganda with no jokes should do it
>>
>>63488245
works for jimmy fallon
>>
>>63488245
>far-left

Why don't Americans understand what far-left actually is?
>>
>>63488245
spotted the republikek. always with the victim complex.
>>
>covetted letterman time slot catering to everyone no longer watchable when content becomes politicized and alienates half of your potential audience.

Colbert needs actual media consultants instead of reddit
>>
The problem is that his true self used to not express opinions, which is why we liked him. He used a character to ironically support things and provide satire. Now he unironically tries to use himself to produce satire, and it simply doesn't work. It's all reaction, no substance. He's no longer likable. He's no longer fashionable. He's a has been.
>>
>>63488245
Christ, you got him. Sooo far fucking left he may as well be a Bolshevik. Yeah.

Fucking hell I hate everyone.
>>
>>63488107
>how can we save him?

Hang him by the neck, until dead, for being such a leftist shill hack.
>>
>>63488320
It's true he's not far left at all. I real far left person would beat his ass for being a corporate stooge.

>>63488344
>libkuck saying other people have a victim complex

oh wow
>>
>>63488320

Relative to US politics, Ahmed.
>>
>>63488344
>republikek
Not at all. But try and defend this. Go on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yzGA_glnkM
>>
>>63488458
uh men are shit and need to check their privilege.

what are you a nazi?
>>
Trump stumped him and he never recovered. Also as someone who loved Strangers with Candy, thought he was the best part of the Daily Show, and was a fan of the Colbert Report until I lost interest, late night is a shitty format that is a waste of his talent and forces him to be vanilla and boring. Turning his show into basically Colbert Report minus his character wasn't very inspired either.
>>
>>63488452
So central left is relative to far left for you? How far right are you exactly?
>>
>>63488573
I just want him to go back to Harvey Birdman t/bh
>>
>>63488107
>STEPHEN
>STEPHEN
>STEPHEN
>STEPHEN

End it all. He never should have evolved past this literal meme news reporting
>>
>>63488573
i agree anon, very well put
>>
>>63488403
but anon.. media consultants.... are redditors..
>>
>>63488245

The liberal boogeyman is out to get you! He's going to come in from the big scary city and steal your guns!!1!!1!!1
>>
File: 1448933624288.jpg (51 KB, 368x425) Image search: [Google]
1448933624288.jpg
51 KB, 368x425
>>63488107

"Stephen Colbert" was funny as hell and brilliant satire.

Stephen Colbert is an annoying smug media liberal

"Stephen Colbert" aired on a left-wing cable political comedy show and killed

Stephen Colbert is airing on a broadcast late-night fall-asleep-comfy comedy show and bombing.

Turns out that if you take a funny character who does a routine for a given ideological demographic, remove the funny character, and do the same routine to a mass audience who just wants to have some pointless late-night laughs after a long day at work, you create a ratings disaster.

Who could've seen that coming
>>
>What went wrong?

His show had a young audience that didn't watch normal late night shows and now he has a normal late night show. Old people people that watched Letterman switched to one of the other names they know better. He literally has no audience.
>>
He sucks so, deserved
>>
File: 1447213028284.jpg (23 KB, 554x544) Image search: [Google]
1447213028284.jpg
23 KB, 554x544
>i'll spend my entire show smugly insulting half my audience lol
>y my ratings no good ;_;
>>
What is Jon Stewart doing these days? Feel like he would have been 100x better to host the show than fucking colbert
>>
>>63488403
Which is weird because on the occasions I've watched it, it seems like it's trying really hard to be very vanilla and "Manhattan show biz." Everything from the colors to volume of the music is so "grand." But he's been doing political material his whole career. CBS knew what they were getting.
>>
>>63488644
It's too obvious that he's still playing a caricature, just a different one. Instead of ignorant right wing, he's playing likable conversationalist host. Only this time, he's trying to pass it off as genuine. He fucked it all up. He could've stayed on Comedy Central and we wouldn't have to endure Wilmore. And we'd avoid Trevor Noah as well, as Jon easily would've stayed on longer if Colbert kept the 11-12 tag team going. Now that hour is a shell. And weeknights are void of entertaining television.
>>
He effectively made a show that appeals to no one, and that's largely due to his potential audience having high expectations from The Colbert Report.

When Report was firing on all cylinders with The Daily Show (from the start of the show until it just wouldn't STOP being on soft on Obama) it was one of the best late night shows. The skits were clever, Colbert was funny, everyone including people I know on the right enjoyed the show.

When he replaced Dave he went too soft and not clever enough for the Colbert Report fans. America doesn't need another Jimmy Fallon, so when he imitates him it falls flat. When Colbert gets political he comes off as very smug and just boring, only old Democrats thought that interview with Joe Biden was good stuff.

It's just a show that makes no one happy. It also doesn't help that Colbert's modern political satire on CBS is shit we hear all day long since it's only the top stories. There's only so many ways you can zing Donald Trump.
>>
>>63488245
You don't know what propaganda means
>>
>>63488107

JUST
>>
File: colbert just.png (534 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
colbert just.png
534 KB, 664x441
>>63488107
JUST
>>
His ratings now are a huge step above the barely 1 million who watched his Comedy Central show on a good night.

He just can't compete in the big leagues desu
>>
>>63489918
FUCK
>>
Our old girl's slowin' down, /tv/ros. Is Colbert finished?
>>
>>63489999
Checked and decked.
>>
>>63488245
fucking dumb ameritards
>>
>>63488320
Because are politics are so absurd at this point that words don't even matter.
>>
Seth Meyers is shit, he's only getting numbers because people are too lazy to turn off the tv after Fallon

Dude looks like a weasel
>>
>>63490333
Oddly enough thats exactly how Colbert became "popular".
>>
>>63490462
not really, he's been on tv since the 90s
>>
>>63488290
Hardly.

Fallon's entire shtick is playing stupid games with celebrities.

He's the least political of them all which is probably why he's so popular. He's impossible to find offensive. He's the vanilla of late night television.
>>
>>63490654
Also why he's so fucking boring to anyone who likes anything original, different or groundbreaking.
>>
>>63488344
>>63488427
>>63488783
>>63490085

Hey Reddit

Just a friendly reminder that your lord Bernie Sanders isn't going to win the democratic candidacy let alone the presidential one.
>>
>>63490735
>original, different or groundbreaking
Things that don't exist in late night television.
>>
>>63490594
No one watched Strangers with Candy because of his political commentary you fucking idiot.
>>
>>63490860
which has what to do with my post?
>>
>>63490895
Your original post is retarded. Colbert was hardly a TV personality before he got the show that people only watched at first because they were too lazy to change the channel after the daily show
>>
>>63491292
>because they were too lazy to change the channel after the daily show
it didn't have anything to do with him being the the most popular correspondent on the Daily Show before he got his own show?

besides, people didn't watch Colbert Report because of his commentary, they watched it because they thought it was funny

the ratings disaster that is Larry Wilmore shows that politics isn't what drives ratings
>>
File: 1424077224757.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1424077224757.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
Brendan Fraser as new host of the Late Show?
>>
File: brendan beni.jpg (116 KB, 400x452) Image search: [Google]
brendan beni.jpg
116 KB, 400x452
>>63492134
OH HEY BRENDAN!
>>
>>63488573
upboat. colbert should be doing more absurd, offensive stuff like strangers with candy.
>>
>>63492134
THIS!
>>
>>63492134
I would watch the fuck out of this and I don't watch any of the late shows.
>>
>>63488107
Stephen's new show isn't very good but Seth Meyers is one of the worst comedians I have ever seen.
>>
File: 1254672119239.jpg (213 KB, 1036x768) Image search: [Google]
1254672119239.jpg
213 KB, 1036x768
>>63490654
>He's impossible to find offensive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbkGuCozc9M
Poor Christopher Waltz
>>
>>63488601
Yeah, I prefer voice actor Colbert
>>
>>63493435
Based Waltz shitting on that stupid ass elf.
>>
>>63488107
Why does Colbert not get that playing a right winger is what made him famous in the first place? Being another Jon Stewart/BillMaher/John Oliver is boring now.
>>
>>63490654
He's a phony. Offensively so.
>>
>>63488107

I personally wish all talk shows would go off the air and i've been a fan of Colbert since Strangers With Candy
>>
>>63490735
There's nothing original or groundbreaking about "republicans are so stupid, amirite?". He did his original work back on Strangers With Candy, which poked equal fun at both the right and left.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.