[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think Kubrick could have made a TV show? He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Lex Luthor.gif (492 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor.gif
492 KB, 500x290
Do you guys think Kubrick could have made a TV show? He's a perfectionist so it would probably have taken years just for one season, but we would have gotten something on par with The Wire.

Frank Darabont is good, but Kubrick would have made the very first intellectual tv show ever.
>>
Sopranos is already more intellectual than anything Kubrick ever made 2bh.
>>
>>63487371
>still believing the 'perfectionist' meme
his movies are already like a very slow paced tv show where nothing happens
>>
>>63487444
Lmao rekt
>>
>>63487444
If you have cinematic training more of value happens in any single frame of "nothing" in a Kubrick film than in entire seasons of your Tarantino generation TV shows.
>>
>>63487371
>on par with the wire
Kuckbrick may be a kuck but he isn't as big a kuck as David Simon
>>
>>63487508
>cinematic training
>your Tarantino generation TV shows
i understand film. now name me one of those "my generation" tv shows you've imagined in your head for me
>>
>>63487563
Breaking Bad, True Detective, Justified, Fargo.
>>
>>63487608
Breaking Bad and TD are high quality and worth watching, kill yourself fedoraboy
>>
>>63487639
>Breaking Bad and TD are high quality
You are getting your video game sensibilities all over me.
>>
>>63487563
>>63487608
what he's trying to say is, Kubrick's films are intellectual, and not just a montage of violence like Tarantino's
>>
>>63487639
>tv worth watching
kek zmh
>>
>>63487651

Hello korinefag
>>
>>63487651
I agree. Kubrick would have made those shows with a lot more subtlety and finesse. Imagine having a show families would watch that amazes them mentally and visually. That's what Kubrick would have done
>>
>>63487710
>Imagine having a show families would watch
Kubick can not be enjoyed by "families". Only right wing straight white males are equipped to appreciate Kubick.
>>
>>63487608
>implying breaking bad is shit
>implying true detective season 1 is shit
actually my favorite show is mad men, but i bet you'll say it's a meme show as well
>>63487653
a lot of things are intellectual and have depth but on the surface are also fun and entertaining

kubrick has some important movies but they don't have any value aside from that, le muh intellectual, not to mention how simple they actually are
>>
>>63487744
>>63487765
The first half of Full Metal Jacket can't be enjoyed?

The goofiness of The Shining can't be enjoyed?

Barry Lyndon's compelling story can't be enjoyed?
>>
>>63487765
>actually my favorite show is mad men, but i bet you'll say it's a meme show as well
No, Mad Men is one of the 3 television shows that is actually good alongside The Sopranos and Deadwood. True Detective and Breaking Bad really are absolute fucking garbage though.
>>63487765
>a lot of things are intellectual and have depth but on the surface are also fun and entertaining
That may be the case but every one of those works would be better art if the "fun" and "entertainment" elements had been removed and they instead focused on providing deeper intellectualism.
>>
kubrick is a fucking hack who couldn't direct a nigger from your local train station to the local kfc, it's almost 2030 and you should stop pretending that anything he ever created was of any quality
>>
>>63487371
It would be nice to see but it would take forever to be made. It would also be more divisive.
I'm still waiting for that TV show that truly feels like an experience.
>>
>>63487371

Why are you talking about Frank Darabont ? His movies are the most academic, flat and boring movies out there.

It's like, Hollywood : The Movie, every time.
>>
>>63488150
>most, academic, flat, and boring

So...Kubrick films? Literally no one finds Kubrick entertaining besides pretentious hipsters masturbating over symbolism that don't exist.
>>
>>63487651
kill yourself you pseudo-intellectual
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.