[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
films without any real conflict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: My-Neighbour-Totoro-008.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
My-Neighbour-Totoro-008.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
I want to watch something nice, /tv/.

Suggest me films which have little to no conflict.
Possibly heartwarming but nothing too corny.

pic related but more interested in non-animated films.
>>
Now when you say conflict?
>>
The Gods Must Be Crazy
>>
Try Requiem for a Dream, OP

>Those peaceful dream sequences

So dreamy.
>>
>>63482656
This one definitly, and the second one too

Amélie, if you haven't watched

"The hundred foot Jounrey" was nice too... anything really whose target is above 45 y/o
>>
>>63482656
>>63482807
The Gods Must Be Crazy looks fun. I'll check it out.
>>
Chef doesn't really have any conflict and it's pretty comfy
>>
File: 34723899.png (1 MB, 1128x601) Image search: [Google]
34723899.png
1 MB, 1128x601
I read it too fast and thought that by conflict you meant the dramatic event that sets the action into motion so I spent 10 minutes looking up shit like that, huh.

Lost in Translation is an obvious answer.

Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris maybe.
Kiki's Delivery Service is my personal Studio Ghibli favorite.
Tokyo Godfathers has some laid back classic anime fake conflict (especially now with the christmasy vibe)
O Brother Where Art Thou, my personal favorite Coen film (bonus if you like Clooney a lot, he's great in this). There's conflict in it, but it's such an uplifting film it doesn't matter really.
Before Sunrise and the Before trilogy in general.

Pretty much anything by Wes Anderson if you haven't already. His films are all very comfy and warm. His conflicts are generally about finding meaning in life and that kind of stuff, if you're into that.
>>
Slacker
Uncle Boonmee
Playtime
The Comedy

You could argue every film has a conflict but these aren't too structured in that sense.
>>
>>63483246
Yeah I've seen all of those except Tokyo Godfathers and it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

I really like O Brother Where Art Thou too. Most of the ones you listed are among my favourites so looking forward to Tokyo.
>>
>>63483458
tokyo godfather is really a 10/10 movie.

It belongs in the list of chistmas movies you need to see every year.
>>
lost in translation
kumiko the treasure hunter
>>
>>63483458
It's a really fun watch as long as you don't go in expecting a mindblowing plot. It's up there with the Studio Ghibli films in terms of conflict/resolution, so if you liked those then you're gonna like this too. Just replace the traditional japanese themes with big city winter comfiness.
>>
Napoleon Dynamite
>>
File: tumblr_mqso64NS4p1rk5dgco2_500.jpg (128 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqso64NS4p1rk5dgco2_500.jpg
128 KB, 500x666
>>
>>63483246
>>63483246
Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite Gibli, too, and the first thing that came to mind when I saw this threat topic.

Agreed with Lost in Translation and Amelie as well.
>>
Porco rosso master race reporting in.
>>
'Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter...And Spring' is a beautiful film.
>>
File: kikis-delivery-service-poster.jpg (338 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
kikis-delivery-service-poster.jpg
338 KB, 1000x1500
Comfiest movie ever.
>>
>>63486305

Porco Rosso has lots of conflict, though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.