[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your favourite of the trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: blood-icecream-trilogy-dvd-2d.jpg (1 MB, 1619x2262) Image search: [Google]
blood-icecream-trilogy-dvd-2d.jpg
1 MB, 1619x2262
Your favourite of the trilogy?
>>
>>63479531
Shaun of the Dead
>>
Hot Fuzz
>>
>>63479531
While I'm a huge fan of zombie movies, I have to put my money with Hot Fuzz for the best of the three. It was like the perfect storm of a film, where everything worked and nothing felt off or out of place. You don't see that happen real often in film anymore.
>>
Shaun of the Dead > Hot Fuzz > World's End
>>
>>63479531
Tough decision, but World's End resonated with me on an emotional level.
>>
>>63479531
World's End
i know i'm probably the only one
>>
>>63479531

Shaun of the Dead.

Enjoyed them all though.
>>
Hot Fuzz because it brought to light a real issue in the UK where law enforcement cover up murders by labeling them accidents.
>>
>>63479531
Hot Fuzz > World's End > Shaun of the Dead.
>>
Shaun of the Dead
>>
>>63479576
Actually, gonna go back on this and say it's Hot Fuzz>World's End=Shaun.
>>
I like Shaun of the Dead a lot, but i cant get past the zombies at the bar scene, it gets to fucking dark from there to the end.
>>
>>63479531
The World's End.
>>
>>63479606
Irishman detected.
>>
>>63479606
>brought to light a real issue in the UK where law enforcement cover up murders by labeling them accidents.

wot

when, why
>>
>>63479531
I liked the World's End the most
>>
I think Hot Fuzz just had so many great moments. Every time I watch I can't stop laughing every few minutes, especially with the ridiculous scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsZUGoa3JHc
>>
>>63479531
>watching reddit flicks
>>
>>63479677
>thinking films belong to reddit
>>
>>63479667
i'm not alone!
>>
>>63479677
>>63479686
Here's your (You).
>>
SotD > HF > WE

I didn't like World's End as much because it is the only of the three where Nick Frost isn't the buddy sidekick and is just a right prick.
>>
File: 1396954654852.jpg (39 KB, 369x423) Image search: [Google]
1396954654852.jpg
39 KB, 369x423
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>63479712
Where are you getting that information from?
>>
Hot Fuzz is the best. It's the funniest, the most original, has the most charming characters, and the best action too.

World's End unfortunately hit kind of close to home with me. I really liked the characters and the pacing of the film. Also, because I had never seen the trailers, I didn't know what the fuck it was about. I was expecting an apocalypse movie, then learned to enjoy it as a character-driven movie. I laughed so fucking hard at the turn I could hardly breathe. Great ending too.

Shaun was great too. Good fun all around, with an appropriately tense ending but it never hit me as hard as the other two did on the whole. Still, I really enjoy it.
>>
>>63479531
Hot Fuzz, the correct choice for those concerned with the greater good.
>>
>>63479712
Fuck off and go watch one of your 200 different panel comedy shows
>>
>>63479531
You Americans give me a laugh. Here in the UK these movies are thought of as low level comedy for dunces. People who go to see these movie in the theatre are the same as those who see Tyler Perry movies.
>>
>>63479675
The absurdly self conscious sound design certainly has a charm.
>>
World's End has the best fiesta half, and Hot Fuzz the most satisfying conclusion. Shaun is the most balanced.

Memes aside, Hot Fuzz.
>>
>>63479712
i don't find world's end funny.
for me it's a drama about struggling alcoholic.
>>
>>63479712
You're talking shit, mate.
>>
they're all pretty good, but

>shaun of the dead
>hot fuzz
>the worlds end

i used to love these films, hot fuzz the least at first...but over the years i've liked them less and less.
>>
>>63479637
Hah, I never realised, but that's what bothers me most about Shaun.
The entire paret in the pub just isn't as enjoyable with the only highlight being Queen.
>>
>>63479712
this guys telling porkies
>>
Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are both equally god-tier. They're both great parodies, genuinely funny with good drama and smart scene compositions.

The World's End was shit. It completely missed the point of what made the originals good in its attempt to put across a "message". Hard to believe Edgar Wright directed it when it was pretty much identical in mediocrity to Paul.
>>
>>63479712
nope...you just have a really skewed perception, and think you have a really insightful and cool opinion which nobody else has. turns out you're wrong.
>>
>>63479776
That's it. The absurdity of the movie especially because it's done so seriously.
>>
>>63479744
>>63479765
>>63479780
>>63479793
>>63479835
it's ancient pasta ffs how new is everybody here these days
>>
>>63479712
Holy shit I can't believe this copypasta still works.
It's a miracle.
>>
>>63479852
Alcoholism can ruin your life. Why are you putting message in quotations?
>>
>>63479925
>implying you didn't get double baited by the replies

how new are you?
>>
>>63479660
It's a know fact around the world that UK law enforcement lies about intentional killings to make the country look safer than it is. In USA criminal justice classes they teach you how horrible law enforcement really is in the UK and how they lie and overstate the accidental death count. They will find a body floating in the water with stab wounds all around and will list it as an accidental drowning death. It's a serious problem that nobody there cares about and something Hot Fuzz wanted to bring to the public attention.
>>
>>63479968
you imply a load of BS and you know it
>>
>>63479968
>Implying you didn't get baited by the replies to the baited replies about being new

fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>63479925
Its true tho
>>
>>63480000
i do know it i'm sorry senpai
>>
>>63479531
I like them all but Shaun of the Dead is my favorite. It's just perfect at what it does.
>>
>>63480005
and thread derailed.

at least we got a little bit of conversation out of it.
>>
File: active camo.gif (1 MB, 330x200) Image search: [Google]
active camo.gif
1 MB, 330x200
The World's End
but option D) Spaced is the true answer
>>
Shaun of the Dead. I've lost track of how many times I've watched it.
>>
Paul > At World's End >>>>> Shaun of the Dead > Hot Fuzz
>>
>>63480158
hehe :)
>>
>>63479531
Worlds end is fucking terrible and bad
>>
>>63479704
this scene though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_YMfwU35ds
>>
>>63480253
Funny but this is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqIFSvFdVR0
>>
>>63480284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdTP8CbcUvo

this is one of my favourites.
>>
OMG World's End was sooo bad and Shaun of the Dead > Hot Fuzz
>>
File: 1334374216174.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1334374216174.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>63479637
>missing all the throwbacks and joke setups being finished in the second half

Hot Fuzz is my favorite, although I quote all three absentmindedly, which drives me crazy because it's such a reddit thing to do but they're literally built around quips that can be used in multiple manners and situations.

The other two are really dark and eschew humor for character and plot, when Spaced and Hot Fuzz blend both perfectly in my opinion.

>>63480253
>putting the hand through the door
Frost gets the best starring part of every entry
>>
>>63480469
>OMG
>sooo
You seem like a trustworthy source of insight.
>>
The World's End had the best premise but got way too silly toward the end.

Hot Fuzz is the best overall movie.

>Crusty jugglers!
>>
>>63479531
Each has their strengh. Shaun definitely has the best comedy of the 3. hot fuzz is the most entertaining. While the worlds end has the most well rounded characters. gary king feels like he could be a real person who was suffering, rather than a loveable goofball, or a cop who just needs to learn to relax.

over all i'd say hot fuzz would be the best. follows by a tie between the worlds end and shaun.
>>
>>63480056
I love Brian
>>
>Three movie that have nothing to do with each-other
>"Trilogy"

When will this meme end?
>>
>>63479712
This pasta works too fucking well
>>
>>63479667
>>63479686
We're at least three here.
>>
Shaun is the only one worth watching.
>>
Yarp fuzz
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.