[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aidan Gillen: 'I hate fame – but I'd miss it too'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: aiden_gilan.jpg (88 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
aiden_gilan.jpg
88 KB, 620x372
>The definitive word on his unblinking gaze comes in his best film, The Low Down, in which his co-star tells him: “You’ve got, um, quite starey eyes, haven’t you?”

>Gillen isn’t accustomed to being the centre of attention. Even after taking a prominent role in Game of Thrones – as Littlefinger, the calculating brothel owner – the 47-year-old has refused to be defined by the pop-culture colossus. “I enjoy being part of that world,” he says in a voice scarcely louder than falling snow. “It’s a phenomenon, but I’m not slap-bang in the middle.” The same could be said of an earlier HBO show, The Wire, in which he played a Baltimore politician whose idealism took a bruising.
How we made Queer as Folk
Read more

>Now and then, he’ll turn up in something glossy – The Dark Knight Rises, or the latest Maze Runner film. But you would need to go all the way back to Channel 4’s Queer as Folk in 1999 to find him fully in the spotlight. That’s how he likes it: “If you can walk into a room where there are 20 people who don’t know what to expect from you, then you can pretend better.”

>He has no compunction about being bells-and-whistles bonkers when it suits him: he was at his most inspired as a hammer-wielding cop-killer in the Jason Statham thriller Blitz. To prepare for that part, he made apocalyptic videos and tried to buy a hammer while in costume and in character. “They wouldn’t sell me one,” he says proudly. “That’s when I knew it was working.”

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/dec/09/aidan-gillen-i-hate-fame-but-id-miss-it-too

Sounds like a chill guy. Never knew he was a method actor, how do you think he mentally prepared for his role in TDKR /tv/?
>>
He's a famous guy
>>
File: mule.jpg (24 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mule.jpg
24 KB, 500x300
>>63479158
Hehe . . . meme.
>>
Bane?
>>
>how do you think he mentally prepared for his role in TDKR /tv/?
He has no compunction about being bells-and-whistles bonkers when it suits him: he was at his most inspired as a loose cannon CIA operative in the Tom Hardy drama The Dark Knight Rises. To prepare for that part, he filed flight plans with the agency and tried to bring three men on board while in costume and in character. “They wouldn’t let me bring friends,” he says proudly. “That’s when I knew it was working.”
>>
>>63479188
for B-tier shows
>>
>>63479158
I saw Aidan Gillen at an airport in Uzbekistan a few weeks ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a hothead and bother him and ask him to take some men free of charge.

He said, “Oh, you want me to call it in?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “BANE? BANE? BANE?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my boarding, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my ticket up front I saw him trying to board the plane with like fifteen doctors in without paying.

The girl at the desk was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to file those with the agency first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the desk.

When she took one of the doctors and started checking for ID multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any master plans,” and then turned around and gestured a feather in his cap at me. After she scanned each doctor and gave them each a stamp and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by gripping his belt really loudly.
>>
>>63479158
I misread that and thought Aidan Gillen was a calculating brothel owner (as opposed to his character Littlefinger). I was impressed for a second.
>>
>>63479246
audibly laughed
>>
File: fedoratbh.jpg (36 KB, 210x196) Image search: [Google]
fedoratbh.jpg
36 KB, 210x196
>>63479158

>All those hotheads in the comments section being snarky and asking who he is
>>
>>63479469
They're obviously not smart enough to comprehend Nolan movies
>>
File: 1440045536677.jpg (108 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1440045536677.jpg
108 KB, 968x745
>>63479246
>>
>>63479158
>>Now and then, he’ll turn up in something glossy – The Dark Knight Rises, or the latest Maze Runner film. But you would need to go all the way back to Channel 4’s Queer as Folk in 1999 to find him fully in the spotlight
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Channel 4

You can't make this shit up.
>>
If only he could understand how much we love him.
>>
>>63479520
>in 1999

he also got trips
>>
>>63479538
>Implying he didn't start baneposting
>>
>>63479469
No one cared who he was until he put on the ass
>>
What I really want to know, did he actually rim Charlie Hunnam in 1999's "Queer as Folk"?
Guess it was more implied through camera angles, had I been him I'd have sneakily have done it a couple of times "Christ! Sorry Charlie, my head kinda fell forward a bit there" Kinda thing.
>>
>he says in a voice scarcely louder than falling snow

Hahahahahahaha, Did anyone click the link? Was this written by a woman?
>>
File: masked man bane.jpg (2 KB, 82x125) Image search: [Google]
masked man bane.jpg
2 KB, 82x125
>To prepare for that part, he made apocalyptic videos and tried to buy a hammer while in costume and in character. “They wouldn’t sell me one,” he says proudly. “That’s when I knew it was working.”

Based
>>
File: cia.png (645 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
645 KB, 569x802
FAME?
>>
>>63479618
Yes, actors actually have sex any time you see sex in a movie.
>>
>>63479246
KEK
>>
>he was at his most inspired as a hammer-wielding cop-killer in the Jason Statham thriller Blitz.
Is it worth a watch? I'm in the mood for a Statham movie.
>>
>I hate fame
nigga isn't even that famous.

he's known as the batman meme guy and the creepy dude from game of thrones. that's fucking nothing.
>>
>>63479730
>doesn't know about his growing popularity due to the SCAWRCH
>>
>>63479730
GoT alone would be enough to ensure he gets bothered quite a bit.
>>
truly one of the biggest guys out there
>>
File: golden.png (19 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
golden.png
19 KB, 592x492
>>63479246

10/10
>>
>>63479729
It's not a very good movie but it's very funny to watch him go nuts. He curb stomps a minor and he's just fucking nuts.
>>
He's in a King Arthur movie next year
>ONLY A BIG GUY MAY PULL THE SWORD FROM THE STONE
>>
YaaBG
>>
>>63479158
I think baneposting has had some Pavlovian effect on me that has made me attracted to him now. What can I do
>>
>>63480022

The table plan I just filed with Camelot lists Lancelot, Percival, Bors the Youngster here, but only one of you! First one to talk gets to stay in my castle!

Who paid you to grab sorcerer Merlin?

*schwing*

Lotta loyalty for a hired Excalibur!
>>
File: ppp-jpg--lincoln-07-jpg.jpg (33 KB, 634x376) Image search: [Google]
ppp-jpg--lincoln-07-jpg.jpg
33 KB, 634x376
>>63479188
>>
>>63480022
FIRST ONE TO PULL THE SWORD GETS TO STAY IN AVALON!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.