[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: last-kingdom-official-artwork.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
last-kingdom-official-artwork.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
So. S2 when?
>>
>>63478919

In a year.
>>
>>63478919
>tfw the battle of Edington is episode 10 is one of the most accurate depictions of medieval warfare in television and film and it only lasted like 5 minutes
>>
>>63479727
But the show only had 8 episodes.
>>
>>63479727
You mean the one where Uthred went Super Saiyan and turned the tide of the battle on his own?
>>
>>63479727
I got tired of it and stopped watching a few weeks back. Did they end up making Uhtred responsible for all Alfred's victories and prowess in the end and give him Edington like I was worried they would?
>>
>>63479759
It was the one in the season finale

>>63479791
That part was stupid, but the tightly-packed formations of infantry ramming into each other and breaking off to rest and regroup was good.
>>
>>63479818
Yea, it was pretty good, but they did show that before. They should have shown the shield wall break apart as they react to Uthred being behind them first and the Saxons capitalizing on the ensuing chaos. That would have been neat.
>>
>>63479888
I think it would've been best if Uthred and that guy fought 1v1 in "no man's land" during a break in the fighting. Champions dueling each other before and during battles happened a lot. I dislike that Uthred's plot armor is so thick that he could just leap into an enemy formation without any support and still not die. He did a lot of retarded shit and never really got punished for it throughout the show really, and it pissed me off.
>>
I AM UTHRED SON OF UTHRED
>>
File: EQ_YoullNeverFollowMe4CDD6.jpg (173 KB, 538x648) Image search: [Google]
EQ_YoullNeverFollowMe4CDD6.jpg
173 KB, 538x648
>>63479791
there was a thread about this a while back and anon did an excellent job of explaining the plausibility of how something like this works, and even gave historic examples. i cant be bothered to track it down.
>>
>>63480010
That would have worked for me.
>>
Someone needs to make a show about the era from the perspective of the Anglo Saxons without a Mary Sue Uhtred character. The actual history is interesting enough without him fannying about everywhere.
>>
for a big guy, Ubba sure died quick.
>>
>>63480062
I'm sure it could have worked, but they went a bit too far with it for my tastes. That's why I said I would have liked to see the Danes break formation due to Uthred and get overtaken by the Saxons right away.

Instead, we got Uthred wrecking everyone and then 1v1 the boss like it was Dynasty Warriors. Like >>63480010 said, that's too much damn plot armor for me to stomach. I wish they concentrated on showing that Uthred was critical to turning the tide through tactics, and not just kicking so much ass the enemy's morale broke.
>>
>>63480062

With enough motivation you can always "prove" anything anon. It's just a matter of who give up first.
>>
>>63480033
WHO IS SON OF YET ANOTHER UTHRED WHO IS SON OF UTHRED WHO IS SON OF UTHRED WHO IS SON OF UTHRED WHO IS SON--
>>
File: tumblr_n4aitbQWB41tun3l0o1_1280.gif (874 KB, 655x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4aitbQWB41tun3l0o1_1280.gif
874 KB, 655x480
>>63480192
>I would have liked to see the Danes break formation due to Uthred and get overtaken by the Saxons right away
but it did happen this way. Did we not see the same show? he dueled behind the lines, weakened the formation who would not break, but it was the saxons' charge (via the king) that did it.
>>
>>63479727
>muh sheildwall
>most accurate depictions of medieval warfare in television and film.
what where the dane leader casually rode around the back of the english, while the guys at the back did fuck all, killed some civilians, rode back around in between the two armies, did some taunting, went behind the sheild wall, and only then was killed by one man rushing strait into the danish force.
If that's accurate they must of been pretty fucking incompetant.
>>
File: last kingdom-Leofric6ye4.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2656) Image search: [Google]
last kingdom-Leofric6ye4.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2656
I liked it. Leofric is best.
>>
Who was the best waifu?
>>
>>63482121
His death was a bit sudden
>>
>>63482521
if he was actually wearing a helmet in that battle he wouldnt be dead.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.