[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 29
File: 1432765181678.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1432765181678.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>"George RR Martin is nowhere near finishing the sixth novel of the ASOIAF series"

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIva5LzhPFE

40:30

Also Dabid doesn't say the show and book ending will be the same, just that it'll be "keeping with the spirit of the books"
>>
>>63478709
>nowhere near finishing the sixth novel
this does not surprise anyone

>it'll be "keeping with the spirit of the books"
neither does this
>>
>>63478709
Why are these literally who's in charge of the most popular fantasy series on television?
>>
>>63478709
>some TV voiceover guy thinking he knows where George is at.
I still have hope.
>>
>>63478709
It will end with Ramsay flaying the Night's King while being fellated by two night's watchmen played by D&D
>>
>>63478709
>minature me surrounded by semi-naked female figures
Literally an aging fat neckbeard
>>
>>63478709

>jew&jew fanfiction
>>
>>63478709
>nowhere near finishing the sixth novel of the ASOIAF series

So it's basically confirmed that he's not ever going to finish the series and it'll be written by someone else post mortem at this point, right? Logistically speaking, there is no other conceivable possibility.
>>
File: 1448357136094.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448357136094.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>63478709
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>63479000
>fat
>67 years old
>takes 10 years to write a book
>keeps getting distracted with other projects and blogging so add another 5 years per book
>has 1.9 books left to write
We're doomed aren't we?
>>
>>63479000
>Logistically
It's "longitudely", retard.
>>
>>63479107
Like I said, it's all but a guarantee that he's not going to finish them. The publisher will hire some other fantasy writer to use his outlines as a basis for the final novel(s) when he dies, just like with the Wheel of Time books.
>>
>>63479107
Georges main profession on wikipedia should be changed to blogger/cinema curator.
>>
>>63478936
The entire show is interviewing him personally m8, I doubt they throw anything in there without checking with george
>>
>>63478709
Of course he isn't. George is on permanent 'I do what I want my series my rules' subversive kek snark mode. He hates his fans, he only ever speaks up to either blame people for being disappointed or to shit on other people's work or the industry as a whole. He had no worth ethic but some idea of how everything should be, but he won't work to make it happen and he gets pissy when people have any expectations of him at all. He doesn't go out and thank his fans, he doesn't write the books for people to enjoy, he writes them because he thinks it clever of him to do. He's all about subversion and everything he ever done is oozing with a mean-spirit and he literally is incapable of appreciation or empathy. He's a fat fat man with a fat fat ego who feels automatically entitled to all his money and attention for his stupid subversive intellect in a way where he feels attacked that some people don't like him for failing to meet his own deadlines over and over again.

Fuck George R R Martin, a man incapable of decency or care for anything but his own fat ass.
>>
>>63479000
He said he wouldn't let anybody else write in ASOIAF universe, and spoke of burning his notes when he died.

I imagine it'd be left unfinished
>>
>>63479216
He says lots of things. The fact that he said that but then lets D&D finish his story according to the overall game plan he already wrote tells me he's indecisive.

And how's he going to stop people from finishing his story after he dies? It's too much of a cash cow. If he burns his notes then Bantam will just have the new writer base their ending off of the TV series.
>>
>>63479216
What a fucking faggot of a man. It's like >>63479196 said. If he has said that then it shows he has no respect for his fans whatso ever.
>>
>>63479196
I guess this is mostly true.

I always look at how he responds to his fans on his blog, he's always really dismissive or acts like he is annoyed anybody would dare ask him any questions.

Pic related is his latest comments about D&E/ASOIAF
>>
germ is a fucking hack
>>
>>63479367

This guy is being so polite and George is just repeating 'THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR ANYTHING YOU WANT' and implies that he will make it against the law for anyone else to try and give it to you. What a useless sack of shit. Just retire you lard.
>>
File: 8318A2AB1.jpg (73 KB, 666x341) Image search: [Google]
8318A2AB1.jpg
73 KB, 666x341
>mfw history will remember GoT as dumb and dumber's story rather than grrm's because that fat hack couldn't be bothered to finish it
>>
>>63478709
What the fuck is wrong with him, I don't understand. How can he still not be anywhere near finishing it? He's already set up the whole fucking setting.
>>
>>63479687
I always had the hope that AFFC/ADWD would be "the messy one" and he could just finish TWOW quickly now everything was in place, but that was obviously wrong.

The funny thing is he always still says 7 is planned, considering AFFC/ADWD was supposed to be 1 book, I have a fear he ends up doing 8
>>
>George RR Martin is nowhere near finishing the sixth novel of the ASOIAF series

Will the book be 2000 pages long or does he really spend all his money on bacon and whores? What the fuck
>>
>>63479687
I think he's simply not writing it. Far too busy running a cinema, blogging and just generally enjoying the pay checks that DnD keep rolling in. I'm sure he'd like to finish them before he dies but he just doesn't seem to have the drive.
>>
>>63478709
So it's basically confirmed that the story will be completed by hack&hacks terrible sjw fanfiction? Not surpised, assumed it would come to this when the show started. Just good to finally know.
>>
>>63478709
We're on book 4
>>
>>63479738
Yep, check his blog, he's doing new fucking conventions or activities every few days. If he was actually dedicated to finishing it he wouldn't be traveling across America for football matches and going to 100s of book signings
>>
>>63479732
Fantasy authors have a tendency to fuck off after they hit it big, only really writing when cash is running low or they get bored of their other projects.

GRRM and Rothfuss are the worst when it comes to this. GRRM just straight up doesn't write and consumes copious amounts of bacon while having whores fight for the last piece while Rothfuss is too busy being a SJW, pushing his stupid charity and playing D&D with the guys from Penny Arcade.

Shame, really. They could have been legends like Tolkien, but they chose to fuck off instead.

At least we have Sanderson and Lynch.
>>
>>63479755
That is simply not true. The POV's were split aye, but feast and dance are still different books.
>>
>>63479755
I take it you've not read the books then
>>
>>63478869
you mean like every tv show?
>>
>>63479738
I think he's permanently stuck. The story grew waaayyy too big and now there is no good way to reach the end without 10 or so more books. ADwD took 6 years to write and there was almost no story progress. D&D will reach the end by trimming 90% of plots and characters and leave basically an empty husk. GRRM will die before finishing book 6 and no one will know or care about how he intened for things to go.
>>
>>63479912
They're trimming the shit and trying to tell a story that works for television. You can't really do 89 subplots that ultimately don't matter when you've got HBO money riding on it.
>>
>>63479912
The horrifying thing about that scenario isn't the lack of ending but the legions of youtube and reddit theorists who will assume their stupid "deep" theories are all true because nothing was ever written and finished to prove them wrong.
Someone needs to finish them to make Preston Jacobs less smug
>>
>>63479367

His answers are all short and abrasive because it would take him days to write anything over one sentence.
>>
>>63479959
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y0LvLDfIkW

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PUT ON YOUR TINFOIL, HEAT UP YOUR GRRM BRAND QUESO TO VALYRIAN TEMP 135.5

THE SHADE OF THE EVENING HAS BEEN DRANK & IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR MOON TEA, LOG INTO WEIRWOOD.NET & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR
-JOJEN PASTE
-MOON TEA
-MILK OF THE POPPY
-BRAVOSI LEMONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoHSLwOmNS8 <- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR GAME OF THRONES THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR BACKYARD TRAINING YARD, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES & A "FIGHTING PIT" STYLE DOTHRAKI ACTION COURSE
>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER ELIO & LINDA USING GOOGLE HANGOUTS BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION/SOCIAL DEPRIVATION FORUM (/got/) & PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH LEMONCAKES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY IRON ISLAND SALTWATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE SOURLEAF KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO YOLKBOY & LADY GUINVERE HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE CHILDREN OF THE FOREST=ALIENS & THE SWORD OF THE MORNING IS HIDDEN IN MEEREEN

DUDE JEYNE POOL = GENE POOL LMAO

DUDE ANCIENT CAVERNS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH NUCLEAR FALLOUT & COVERED IN WILDFIRE & TAKING PLACE IN GRRM'S SCI-FI UNIVERSE ASIMOV STYLE

>"ASHAYA FROM HISTORY WESTEROS PODCAST JUST END IT ALL! I THINK YOU'RE A WORTHLESS YOUTUBER & I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON /R/ASOIAF SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK WHEN YOU BITCH ABOUT ME USING FAN ART IN MY VIDS & REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"
>"ASHAYA "SNITCHES GET STICHES" "JUST" TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT! YOUR YOUTUBE CAREER IS OVER. AZIZ & SEAN BARELY HAD YOU ON THE PODCAST THIS YEAR BECAUSE YOU'RE A TOXIC CUNT WHO STARTS SHIT WITH MORE POPULAR YOUTUBERS LIKE ME. IT'S TIME FOR THE VALYRIAN STEEL DAGGER RETIREMENT PLAN"
-Preston Jacobs, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING PRESTON JACOBS NAKED IN A WEIRWOOD TREE WITH A MOUTH FULL OF WEIRWOOD PASTE TRIPPING

- Brought to you by The Dornish Brotherhood Without Banners©

"GILBERT KING!"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y0LvLDfIkW
>>
>>63479687

He has no idea how to finish it. So many loose ends, dany is not even in westeros yeat, bran stuck in some shithole and the others nowhere to be seen. There is no way to conclude the series in 2 books without making it seem like a rushed and cliche ending.
>>
File: LeakedFamilyTreeVarys&Aegon.jpg (61 KB, 918x665) Image search: [Google]
LeakedFamilyTreeVarys&Aegon.jpg
61 KB, 918x665
>>63479687
The storyline is to bloated

He needs other books/stories to explain his Aegon&Varys storyline
>>
RR MARTIN I ONLY WANTED TO PAY YOU MORE MONEY FOR YOUR BOOK BUT YOU BETRAY ME SO I STREAM THE TV SHOW INSTEAD
>>
>>63479850
If you actually read The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear and think that Rothfuss could be compared to Tolkien you're an idiot. Those books are complete trash, Rothfuss is trash.
>>
>>63480189
He needed to stop before he introduced dornish pov chapters and iron islander povs.
As soon as those were put in he scrapped any chance of finishing it.
>>
>>63480107
>>63480189
But the long night is perfect for this. If that doesn't scream 90% of the characters die the I don't know what does. Sure people will scream it's anti climactic but It fits in well with Georges "realistic nobody safe" mantra.
>>
File: 1386223827826.png (578 KB, 615x527) Image search: [Google]
1386223827826.png
578 KB, 615x527
>>63480189
>leading fan theory apparently involves dany fucking her nephew

this fucking series
>>
>>63480189

This all could have been three books and had the same general story, if GRRM ever wrote something with any sense of finality or real pacing.
>>
>>63480371
He seems to enjoy world building more than plot to a detrimental level
>>
>the show ending before the books is pretty much guaranteed now
Bookfags BTFO
>>
>>63480409
Don't bully us this is an emotional time ;.;
>>
>>63480344
This kind of inbreeding was actually pretty common for royal lineages.
>>
>>63480430
Bookfags had it coming for gleefully going around and spoiling everything for everyone else at every opportunity
>>
>>63480217
Triggered much?
>>
>>63480470
no shit, it's also prevalent in the series and is a crucial plot element in Dany's story line

how many times are we reminded that Targ's commit incest and then the outcome of those unions have a significant chance to become mad?

it's hack fucking writing if jon/dany become the whole fire/ice dynamic at the conclusion
>>
>>63480513
But anon those were mostly people who had never read the books and had looked up spoilers on wikipedia to gleefully spam on youtube/facebook/4chan. You should not resent those who read simply because they read information before you could watch it.
>>
>>63479951
Yeah, but that's kinda the problem. The story can barely be finished in a satisfactory waý in book form. In tv form it will suck even worse.
>>
I've read the books and purposely didn't watch the final episode last season to see how long it would take before Jon Snow's death was 'spoiled' for me. Literally 2 days before pictures and memes about the episode were spammed all over facebook and real life nevermind 4chan. So there's literally no point in us book readers not watching the show. It's literally just gonna be spoiled in a more anticlimactic way.
>>
File: 1442182651426.jpg (79 KB, 599x448) Image search: [Google]
1442182651426.jpg
79 KB, 599x448
We already know the ending though:

Episode 10, Season 8: A Song of Ice and Fire
>Before departing to the Tower of the Hand for a good night's sleep, Tyrion turns around and looks at the royal couple, her grace Queen Daenerys and Prince consort Jon Stark, and says, "truly, it was a song of ice and fire"
>"more like a Game of Thrones", says Varys who had been hiding in the shadows until then
>both laugh
>Varys turns to the damera and winks
>Tyrion resumes his walk and begins whistling the Rains of Castamere as the credits fade-in
>and who
>are you
>>
>>63480701
funny but the ending in the books will be the same

The buutfrustration of bookfans will be hilarious
>>
File: Night_s_King_Sky_A_3325474b.jpg (184 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Night_s_King_Sky_A_3325474b.jpg
184 KB, 620x387
>D&D show ending
>wall has been torn down
>winter and snow all the way down to King's Landing
>dead bodies everywhere
>no one in the main cast made it
>Night's King walks among the dead in the winter landscape
>he raises his arms and re-animates the dead
>zoom-in on his face
>cut to 70's Coca Cola commercial
>>
>>63480767
But Dany is Nissa Nissa and Jon will kill her.

he's the betrayal for love
>>
>>63480783
oh yeah this guys a thing now in the TV show right? I wonder if DnD have anything more interesting planned for the NK's motivations other than stereotypical evil orc army. Probably not though.
>>
File: 1449524592401.png (243 KB, 461x627) Image search: [Google]
1449524592401.png
243 KB, 461x627
>>63480783
>>
>>63480830
He was a peace loving ice king until evil Benjen came and assasinated his ice lover, which will be the reason that he's waging war against all humanity.
>>
>>63480783
I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A HOME
>>
File: tumblr_n0iknv5zkQ1qiaxzfo3_500.jpg (140 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0iknv5zkQ1qiaxzfo3_500.jpg
140 KB, 500x257
>>63480189
>Viserys II Switched with bastard of Aegon II

Justice Wins in the End
>>
>>63480830
>he thinks there is some greater motivation for the WW in the books other than stereotypical evil orc army
>>
File: 1431887101687.png (562 KB, 833x893) Image search: [Google]
1431887101687.png
562 KB, 833x893
>>63480830
I'm 99% sure in the books The Others are going to be revealed to not be generic bad ice zombies at some point. It would totally fit in with Gurm's other work of how war isn't simple good vs bad.

In the show I guess they really are DURR EVIL ICE ZOMBIES WANNA KILL ALL!!

The ending may be the same (we genocide them), but in the books it'll probably have a lot more moral ambiguity and discussion of humanity and how quickly we judge Others
>>
File: image.gif (199 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
199 KB, 500x313
>>63480094
>mfw I maturbate to presty jakey videos to distract myself from my autism
>>
>>63480958
as >>63480969 points out it fits in with Georges grey theme rather than black and white even if the others motivations are convoluted I'm almost certain they go beyond Saurons.
>>
>>63479107
>has 1.9 books left to write
>1.9

Only if he starts murdering characters must faster. Given the leak of his initial outline, and how much the plot for the same parts has grown since then, he's not even halfway done.
>>
>>63481034
Based PJ, his autism knows no bounds

He seemed so nervous in the video with that girl though
>>
>>63481044
Sauron just wanted to industrialize Middle Earth. He did nothing wrong
>>
>>63481044
There is nothing in the books to suggest that there is more to the WW
>>
Woe is me.

I swear to god I remember him saying he'd have finished tWoW by the end of this year, so maybe this is all an elaborate ruse to give us a "great christmas present XD".

Like, D&D are actually trolls enough to be in on it. I'll wait until new year for my elaborate failed suicide attempt thanks.
>>
>>63481100
Yeah, because GRRM has told basically nothing about them. Surely there will be some explanation to their origins and to why they've risen from their 1000 year slumber, and why they're such bloodthirsty race. Or at least something to reveal their motivation.
>>
>>63481100
We've literally seen then twice and have little and less certified back story on them. It's not a stretch to think that there's more going on with them especially when it ties in with Georges modus operandi. So yes we're just speculating and sure they could just be mindless orcs but that would be shit so we hope for some greater purpose.
>>
>>63480058
>His answers are all short and abrasive because it would take him days to write anything over one sentence.

I kek'd, anon.
>>
File: DABID.jpg (113 KB, 898x620) Image search: [Google]
DABID.jpg
113 KB, 898x620
>>
I'm at a complete loss. I want to read more fantasy like A Song of Ice and Fire, but the vast majority of fantasy annoys me right the fuck off.

My aunt gifted me a book series that starred a rapier wielding halfling, some warrior man, a female elf archer, and a dwarf with an axe. I got about four chapters in before I had to put it down for good.

I love fantasy as a concept but nobody writes interesting fantasy.
>>
>>63480809
no, Meera is Nissa Nissa and Bran will sacrifice her to warg Drogon and save everyone's asses. it is known.
>>
>>63481100
No, but there's little we know at all about them except biased second hand (or worse) stories and legends. Things which we already know can either be greatly exaggerated or changed to fit a narrative.

George has spent most of his career writing anti-war stuff, and spoken about the futility of war and how propaganda is used to de-humanise and stereotype the other side as bad guys.

They even mention it in the interview in the OP.

It seems highly likely to me that there's more to The Others than just LAWL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE BRUHHH. Especially when you consider the baby getting converted to an Other, and the fact that there literally used to be a "Snow gate" on the wall, potentially where people left unwanted bastards
>>
>opening with GRRM is him flouncing around in his study/nerd cave
>NO BOOK LMAO XD

seriously this has to be a dream
>>
>>63479196

I wouldn't be so harsh.

In my opinion the problem is not malevolence or lack of worth ethics, but insufficiency of talent and resolve. The project became too ambitious, and past the third book Martin lost his way to a satifsying conclusion. He became afraid of the looming point of no return, where he'll have to choose what segment of fanbase he's going to piss off forever, by either writing a standard revenge fantasy/return of the king plot, or subverting it and writing a bad ending with all or most of the presumed heroes turning villains. So he started to write more than he needed, and then he started writing slower and slower.
>>
>>63481408
only near the start of the video but he does actually seem very nervous and apologetic. he must have been in denial about his ability to get the books done.
>>
>>63481078
Can you link that vid, anon?
>>
>>63481576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0DhLQqsZQw
>>
>>63481231
What the fuck kind of shit book is that? Just read what everyone else reads, holy shit. Pick a concept and find an author.

Semi-realistic, magic is handwaivery bullshit? First Law Trilogy is your best bet

All of the world is explained? Sanderson's books are like that. Avoid his first works, stop reading Mistborn after the first novel.

High fantasy? Low fantasy? You got it all. Avoid all of these 'elves and dwarves' bullshit. Good fantasy is focused on humans or another similar insert race.
>>
>>63481074
you got a link to that leak?
>>
>>63481867
or you could not read fantasy
>>
if you were george would you finish the series?

he's clearly lost, the last book was a cluster fuck but at the same time he's never been more popular and he's rich enough to do whatever he wants

making another book would only ruin his image, he wants to die with everyone wondering what could have been
>>
>>63482278
It could backfire on him since DnD are finishing it for him. It'd be all mysterious if there was no TV show but at this rate his version of events in westeros will be getting pushed aside for Dummer and Dummers vision if he doesn't finnish. His magnum opus usurped. Pretty funny.
>>
>>63479184
GRRM has apparently said he doesnt want anyone else to finish them if he dies and wants all his notes burnt.
>>
File: 1397246482390.png (16 KB, 157x153) Image search: [Google]
1397246482390.png
16 KB, 157x153
>>63482699
We'll see about that.
>>
>>63481231
gormenghast
stormbringer
>>
>>63483018
She will
>>
>>63481231
Just read The Accursed Kings. It's historical fiction but badass as fuck. GRRM ripped off most of it.
>>
>>63483187
>George doesn't have any of his own kids
>When he dies in the next couple years she's gonna take his millions
>He sold out his best work for nothing
>>
>>63478709
GRRM is comfy as fuck
>>
>>63481231
Read Zelazny or Gene Wolfe faggot
>>
>these two fucks
>keeping with the spirit of the books
There's no fire hotter than my hatred for these hack frauds.
>>
he's the laziest guy ever. they were saying it was going to be out before the 6th season. now he's nowhere close? fat fuck
>>
>>63483507
tbf this doc could have been made before that
>>
>>63480107
>forgetting about Coldhands or whatever the name of the good ice zombie was
I bet my left nut that's an asspull GRRM regrets.
>>
>>63481614
sounds pretty Alpha desu
>>
>>63481074
What leak?
>>
>>63478709

Does anyone seriously give a shit anymore? The books are terrible and the only reason to read them was to act smug towards show fags for knowing what's coming next.

There's no reason to like either anymore.
>>
>>63483212
When you say ripped off is it like one of those things where you're busy pissed his is more popular or he actually ripped off of it
>>
>>63484662
A little of both. If you read it you'll come across many parts where you think "Heh just like in ASOI&F". Plus George came out and said it's "the original Game of Thrones"
>>
File: bk-0i1NN.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
bk-0i1NN.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
>>63484563
That "Viserys II" was the bastard of Aegon II
and Varys&Aegon are the offspring of the real, enslaved Prince Viserys
see>>63480189
>>
>>63484883

But does any of this matter when in the end you know it's going to be JON SNOW WINS LOL.
>>
I have been told the television finish:

King of Westeros: Gendry Baratheon
Queen of Westeros: Sansa Stark
Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Brienne
Lord of Winterfell: Rickon Stark
Lord Commander of The Wall: Jorah Mormont
Lord of the Vale: Varys the Eunuch
Lord of Iron Islands: Theon Greyjoy

Jon Starkgaryen dead, Dany dead, Bran permanently stuck inside a dragon. Littlefinger dead. Red Woman dead. Tyrells all dead. Cersei/Jamie/Tommen all dead. The Mountain dead. The Hound wanders around. Arya disappears "never to be seen again."
>>
>>63485695
>Jon Starkgaryen dead, Dany dead,

If you're going to make shit up and least make it plausible.
>>
>>63485695
>Jon Snow dying
At least try
>>
>>63485695
how about Stannis?
>>
>>63486324
lol dead
No but really GRRM wrote something on his blog about how thankful he was for all the actors who had been on the show and died
Stephen Dillane was one of them, Kit was not
>>
Why are those people never mention the growing anger of book fags towards the "alterations" and made up stuff by D&D?

It's not like its just LOTR fags being butt hurt over the absence of the shire cleansing. Everything they write on their own is literally garbage
>>
>>63478709
Christ. As if I'm gonna wait 10+ more years for the ending. I'll just watch the series from now on. Books are comfy but honestly not THAT good to deny myself watching the show with u guys on some stream. every week. that was also really comfy
>>
>>63485695
>Gendry king

kek
>>
>>63487814
The problem with the show is it's really cringy and has terrible writing. If the show was in the hands of people who're remotely competent I wouldn't give two shits about GRRM and his books.
>>
File: 1431636571125.jpg (35 KB, 703x399) Image search: [Google]
1431636571125.jpg
35 KB, 703x399
Why is Barristan so GOAT?
>>
>>63488220

>Greatest swordsman in all of Westeros
>Dies by getting stabbed in the back by two random muslims

Why is this show so bad?
>>
File: 1429116117600.png (3 MB, 885x4034) Image search: [Google]
1429116117600.png
3 MB, 885x4034
>>63488304
>>
>>63488469

This was the exact moment I started hating the show. I was on the edge before but was tolerant of it but this shit was way too far.
>>
>>63479850
None of those names you mentioned could be Tolkien but Tolkien.
>>
Fat, pink mast
>>
>>63488502
That moment even caused anger from Gurm's editor.

And since then Gurm has said some that die in the show will survive the books. I'm pretty sure Barristan will be one
>>
>>63488649

Gurm is more likely to die before Selmy does.
>>
>>63488469
wtf are you talking about? he killed a lot of those guys before getting to that, and he's like 200 yo
>>
>>63488703
In the books he BTFO of the best pit fighter with relative ease still, and beats the ex-leader of a sellsword company with a staff
>>
>>63479216
>>63479196
>>63479367

I'm not sure what you people expect of a fat fucking draft dodger who criticized Tolkien's(who has actually seen combat) depiction of war as unrealistic because there's no rape.

Just look at his views on fan fiction. He has nothing but contempt for it and claims doing it makes you a bad writer.
>>
>>63488502
wow the show wasn't a typical fantasy where people are super heroes??!? wowwww i had no idea
>>
>>63480189
>implying Aegon the Mope wouldn't recognize his own brother

No
>>
>>63489415
u wot
>>
>>63480217
Thank you anon. I dont know why people love the shithead so much. J.K. Rowlings shoulda sued his ass off when name of the wind came out.
>>
File: JON=ARAGORN.jpg (603 KB, 1600x662) Image search: [Google]
JON=ARAGORN.jpg
603 KB, 1600x662
hooray for aragorn 2.0
>>
>>63489663
Aegn the Mope = Aegon III
Brother= Viserys II

That tree in the image I responded to states that the Viserys Aegon later trusted and had as his Hand of the King, is an imposter and actually Aegon II's bastard.
>>
>>63481182
Nah all we'll be told about them is who their "god" is. We know the red priests have their fire god, so the zombies will have an ice god. Martin is too lazy and unoriginal to come up with a worthy backstory and motivation for them.
>>
>>63489803
viggo is literally the most handsome man on the planet. or was.
>>
BAD
PUSSY
>>
>>63489941

>Ice God
>Fire God
>A Song of Ice and Fire

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>63479850

This. Harry Potter is mindless children's drivel but I have a lot of respect for Rowling for sitting her ass down and finishing the shit after she had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of her life even if she didn't earn another cent.

Writing is fucking hard. You don't get an understanding of how hard it is until you do a lot of it. Planning out the story in your head, outlining and deciding how it will all come together is fun as shit. Actually putting the words down is less so and it's easy as fuck to get distracted and just stop doing it for hours or even days.

Rowling had anything and everything to distract her with and she still forced herself to churn that shit out.

GRRM is just a fat fuck who eats bacon, blogs about football and talks shit about other people's writing instead of giving constructive criticism.
>>
>>63478709
>"keeping with the spirit of the books"
So they get to fuck shit up because they "think" it's what would happen?

Oh well.
>>
>>63489941
>Martin is too lazy and unoriginal to come up with a worthy backstory and motivation for them.

No matter how much you hate Gurm you must know this is BS
>>
>>63480701
Take my money already
Btw you should end with ghost barking and jumping at one of the dragons forming an ying yang kind of thing
>>
tychos actor confirmed for not appearing in season 6
>>
File: 1433692533468.jpg (28 KB, 489x457) Image search: [Google]
1433692533468.jpg
28 KB, 489x457
>>63488304
>>
>>63490386
Did anybody expect him to?
>>
>>63480058
Underrated.
>>
NEW PRESTON JACOBS VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkdMGgh87nw
>>
>>63490505
sure, why not?

i would very much like to see the reaction from the iron bank when they find out stannis is dead and will default on the loan

will they go after ramses?
>>
>>63490812
I'm sure he's autistic
He stopped makingsense a long time ago
>>
>>63490290
I actually dont hate him, in fact I like the books and show. But seriously anon, you dont think he's a great writer do you? He's one step above R.A. Salvatore at best. There are far better fantasy authors and far worse, Martin is in that "good not great" tier.
>>
>>63490946
He's pretty tame compared to what the madmen on the Westeros.org forums cook up. They literally had threads talking hidden codes based on the fucking food of the books.
>>
>>63490873
I imagine they'll back off for a while before risking any other money. They wouldn't attack the Boltons, especially when they're still in power.

Maybe they'll fund Dany somewhere down the Line. But in the context of the show they're not really important on their own, I doubt any showfags even remember his name
>>
>>63491035
No, but I know George who spends so long needlessly world building and dragging out his story wouldn't just ignore something as huge as the primary antagonists' motivation and backstory
>>
File: Pages just talking about foods.jpg (89 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
Pages just talking about foods.jpg
89 KB, 600x640
>>63491044

Fuck the food.
>>
>>63490812
There's 2 Preston Jacobs

>Pre Bran series
and
>Post Bran series

Everything he does now pretty much relates back to "DURR EVERYTHING IS A LIE THERE'S NO PROPHECY OR MAGIC". Usually backed up by things that can easily be explained as minor inconsistencies by George, or characters lying/getting something wrong
>>
>>63478869
it's literally the only one that wasn't immediately godawful. 100% due to casting, which is why the latter seasons have been shit
>>
>>63491089
Don't get your hopes up. We might get a little back story, but he's always downplayed the "fantasy" elements of the series. Its all meant to be vague and mysterious.
>>
>>63478869
The show wouldn't even be the most popular fantasy series on tv without them, dickhead.
>>
>>63480058
Kek. Nicely done.
>>
File: 1448733038921.jpg (91 KB, 620x368) Image search: [Google]
1448733038921.jpg
91 KB, 620x368
Well done Gurm
>>
>>63480217
Tolkien is trash too. He is more a cartographer/world builder than a writer.
>>
Anybody remember how The Maxx series dealt with this? They ended it with some nonsensical reveal that he was some delusional gardener. Holy fuck that rustled my teenaged jimmies.
>>
>>63491815
Uh oh. You might upset a few people saying that
>>
>>63491815
>le seem intelligent by hating good writers meme
>>
>>63488753
On the show he kills eight guys before they even make a mark and another three as he's collapsing from his wounds. It was not a pushover death.
>>
>>63492240
The entire situation was just retarded in the first place, Barristan wouldn't be patrolling without his plate armour. It made no narrative sense to happen past "LOL SHOCK DEATH" and "We can't be arsed writing for this character anymore".

Barristan is pretty much her only solid link to Westeros that people would respect and get behind, he's a very important character in Dany's chapter, and he can highlight similarities and differences between her and Rhaegar/Aerys
>>
>>63492053
He is a famous beloved writer and great at world building but certainly not a good writer.

Do you know why there is little to none academic papers about him? Because outisde the memeland, in the real world, he is a mediocre writer. He is not taken seriously. And he will never be taken seriously by academics.
>>
>finally got around to watching this
>last two episodes of s5
jesus christ i can't believe how shit those were
as marcella and snek lady kissed i fucking said aloud "i bet that's poison lipstick or some retarded shit"
fucking trash
>>
>>63479000
>trips of truth

We're fucked.
>>
>>63492346

It's even worse since the actor was actually pissed about getting written out like that.
>>
>>63492240
he kills 11 shitskins with knives, that's supposed to be impressive in this series?
>>
>>63492820
He loves the books, so sad
>>
File: martin btfo.png (162 KB, 1447x1072) Image search: [Google]
martin btfo.png
162 KB, 1447x1072
>>
>>63490155
the last book was a rushed mess and everyone knows it
>>
>>63478709
Fuck GRRM and Fuck D&D.
>>
>>63490155
Writing can be hard.
But that's why the best excel at it.
Faulkner, Foster Wallace, McCarthy.

Maybe you're talking about sci-fi and fantasy shit. It seems they either end up as shit or the writer gives up/dies.
>>
File: 1447697884244.png (94 KB, 898x620) Image search: [Google]
1447697884244.png
94 KB, 898x620
DABID!
>>
File: 1434028573132.jpg (443 KB, 1300x959) Image search: [Google]
1434028573132.jpg
443 KB, 1300x959
>>63492407
Do you honestly judge the quality of an author upon how much "academics" write about them? In fact often times the writer academics consider to be fantastic write some of the most pointless drivel I've ever read, Dickens for instance comes to mind. I'm not going to argue Tolkien's the greatest writer of all time, but he certainly was a great one in my opinion. I think to honestly appreciate a lot of his works such as LotR and the Silmarillion one must at least have a basic knowledge of the writing styles of Beowulf and other epic poems that period, which his works are very reminiscent of. If you believe Tolkien to be average than I doubt I can say much to change your opinion just giving my two cents. Can't wait for /lit/ to show up and call me a pleb or some shit.
>>
>>63494534
>Maybe you're talking about sci-fi and fantasy shit. It seems they either end up as shit or the writer gives up/dies.

That's because sci-fi and fantasy is harder than straight fiction. Shit like As I lay dying to use an example from one of the guys you mentioned often takes place in actual locations.

Where as sci-fi and fantasy take place in made up areas and all the world-building and exposition and info dumping and attention to detail that comes with doing that.

There's also the fact that even the shittiest of sci-fi/fantasy can sell pretty decently and is usually cheap nowadays whereas fiction not so much.

I know a few guys who buy asstons of cheap sci-fi/fantasy novels and most of it is pretty terrible. Occasionally you do find a gem though.
>>
>We'll never get to see the Battle of the Trident
>>
>>63494888
What a shit rendition of the battle. Literalyl nothing in that picture is accurate.
>>
>>63495386
It's obviously an allusion to bayeux tapestry style medieval art. What are you, autistic?
>>
>>63495518
Obviously
>>
>>63495386
>he doesnt get the 'purposely posting terrible fanart' meme from /got/
Actually I'm jealous of you.
>>
>>63497284
it's all terrible
>>
File: Season 5 was shit.png (367 KB, 454x658) Image search: [Google]
Season 5 was shit.png
367 KB, 454x658
>>63478709
>>
>>63479216
>spoke of burning his notes when he died

Usually when you have a massive coronary episode you don't have foreknowledge of your death.
>>
>>63480809
So long as Dany dies, I'm cool with it.
>>
>>63491359
Not true, certainly others could have done better.
>>
>>63480107
I think he is trying to end it in a way that nobody has predicted, and it's hard thing to do because of thousands of fans theories which has covered almost every possible ending.
>>
File: georgerlead.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
georgerlead.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
It's ok guys, I'll get right to work on finishing WoW after I'm done writing 300 more essays about the Sad Puppies on my livejournal.
>>
>>63499514

God that shit pissed me.

>Liberals intentionally rig voting to favor minority/women/gay books and authors
>Actual sci fi fans in response rig it to nominate the books they think should win
>OMG THESE FASCISTS ARE ABUSING THE SYSTEM AND COLLUDING

This is why no one takes liberals seriously.
>>
>>63479134
>longitudely
It's longitudinally, retard
>>
>>63489803
>that shitty LotR EE blu ray color grading on the left
>>
>>63499645

That was back when they took the name Blu Ray seriously.
>>
>Melvyn Bragg is doing the voiceover
???
>>
File: 2734294-4.jpg (46 KB, 907x561) Image search: [Google]
2734294-4.jpg
46 KB, 907x561
>>63479367
The fat man says he'll never let anyone else write a book in the ASOIAF universe, then he lets Telltale make their abomination with the not-Starks.
>>
>168
>>
Martin is actually a good thing to have around, he's alive reminder to never read or purchase an unfinished story
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.