[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6 Gmy2t-Es What does /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: BoardGaymesTopKek.png (398 KB, 1288x665) Image search: [Google]
BoardGaymesTopKek.png
398 KB, 1288x665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6Gmy2t-Es

What does /tv/ think of the Board James mythology?
>>
>>63473052
>having to explain your mythology
>>
>>63473271
I pretty much thought the same thing. He leaves no room for interpretation.
>>
I like how he thinks he's made something worthy of discussion. The actual storytelling outside of more or less reviewing board games is just cringeworthy and should just be dropped.
>>
only liked crossfire tbqh
>>
>>63473052
>Board James is pretty much like Inception and Jason and the Argonauts
Good one James.

I found some of the episodes entertaining, but this is just preposterous, there is nothing much of substance in the series. Seems his ego got the better of him, making him believe that this is some sort of a masterpiece of webseries. No doubt if there will ever be a season 3 for this, it will drop in quality, because James will think he has made some sort of a 2deep4u series that everyone watches because of the plot.
>>
These are fun ideas, to be truthful.

But yeah, going on at this length about this nonsense is painful to watch.
>>
>>63475249
>No doubt if there will ever be a season 3 for this, it will drop in quality, because James will think he has made some sort of a 2deep4u series that everyone watches because of the plot.
This. Why do none of these internet reviews seem to realize that nobody (and I mean nobody) watches this shit for the plot? Just review the fucking games you pieces of shit.
>>
why can't he just do short 3 minute videos talking about how the game works, with added trivia and his own memories with the game like he used to. those are the video s people like. not his shitty acting and SFX, not his shitty meta-plots, and not his use of swear words and potty humour, and DEFINATELY NOT HIS LPs which show just how bad and out of touch he is with games that he never played from his childhood, and no mike please. ruins everything.
>>
>>63475868
(you)

The SwordQuest episode was where it could have finally all gone right. It is like the dream described in No Country for Old Men. All the pieces were there.
>>
>>63475868
I agree, I honestly liked the original Board James episodes, but why did he try to have a plot line in the reviews. If he only did it once every 10-20 episodes it might not be so bad, as the problem with a twist is that you can only really do it once, and have it be effective. He simply hasn't got the budget or the talent that is required to make it work as it is intended. Like the past few episodes of Board James have been way too straight for what it is and it simply isn't effective. At it's worst it is very cringe worthy, as none of them are good actors and the material they are working off of just isn't very strong. That is really the main problem, is the plot they are trying to do is dumb. After all, why would anyone give a shit about Mike or Bootsie as they have both been revealed as not existing and being already dead.
>>
i used to really enjoy board james. why did he have to ruin it?
>>
>>63478166
His ego, I truly believe he is a classic case of Dunning–Kruger effect, he believes he can make "great" plot, but apart from some fun videos (which he should really focus on rather than his meta plots), he actually has little to no talent when it comes to actual story telling. This is exactly what will make Board James shit, thinking that it is more about the plot than about the fun skits about the game.

In the end, I believe it's that James is just a megalomaniac who does not want to accept the reality that he is okay as a short video guy, without any actual talent in writing coherent plots.
>>
>>63474844
I like the silly goofiness but yeah it's not something I would call "mythology."
>>
>>63478166
It shows how much how both James & Mike need each other to balance out
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.