[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what made the Jedi experts on intergalactic trade law?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: starwars45.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
starwars45.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
So what made the Jedi experts on intergalactic trade law?
>>
>>63470685
They went to the business school for gifted jedis.
>>
>>63470685
these movies are incredibly fucking stupid
>>
they're buddhistic space jews
>>
Its part of their training at the jedi academy
>>
>>63471944
Listen to dubs. He's telling the truth.
>>
>>63470685
They weren't. Palps convinced Valorum to send them so he could have them killed to start an incident to get Valorum fired and Palps elected. Rewatch the films if you don't understand. They're just kids movies, not that hard.
>>
>>63470685
The vatican used to handle boarder issues. From Franks rule of britain to portuguese and spanish rights to colonize south america and in the 70's the boarder almost-war between chile and argentina, the jedis are just space monks.
>>
ra's al ghul is that you?
>>
Why doesn't he use the force to prevent urine leakage?
>>
>>63470685
They're thugs sent out to bully the trade federation into blocking their legal blockade.

"These federation types are cowards. Negotiations will be short."

Cowardice coul only be a factor if threats were being made. Intimidation was the objective, not cunning negotiations with legal expertise.
>>
>>63472301
dropping not blocking
>>
>>63472033
How would anyone even know they were killed?
>>
>>63472390
Speculation: It would be discovered once they were reported missing. Surely they called home to say "we're there" before docking.
>>
>>63472033
Then why did he want the treaty signed?
If the Jedi died then there would be no-one to tell the council that there was a crisis on naboo, and so Valorum wouldn't have even been endangered.
>>
INTERGALATIC

PLANETARY
>>
>>63472509
He didn't want it signed. He wanted them to try to force her to sign it, escalating the conflict. He knew she wouldn't.
>>
>Naboo is shown to have dozens of space fighters in just one city
>Probably hundreds over the planet
>Shown to be advanced and wealthy, safe to assume it has planetary defense weapons and shields
>Padma literally does fuck all and sit in her throne room waiting to be captured

>Trade federation merchants think its a good idea to try and kill two Jedi, that the Republic knows are there
>They honestly think, not only would that work but that there wouldn't be any repercussions from a religious order that has thousands of members with what is basically magical powers and the best space fighters and pilots in the galaxy

Fucking stupid
>>
>>63472549
If he knew it was going to get signed why even bother creating a crisis?
I mean his entire plan hinges on the jedis:
1. Not dying even though he orders his underlings to do it (why employ incompetent underlings)
2. Escaping to the planet
3. finding a way off the planet with the princess so she can tell the council THROUGH A BLOCKADE
4. Having the princess of a peaceful planet who'd not known war for however many years not capitulating in the face of overwhelming military force, saving the lives of her people in the process.

Some plan.
You can say that it doesn't matter if the plan was good or not since sheev could tell the future. If he could tell the future he wouldn't need to engineer a crisis at all. He'd already have a decisive strategic advantage and could just use the information to get power.
And he'd be against the jedi who could also see into the future, but he could block them so they're no threat. He was literally the only person in the galaxy who could see into the future and he comes up with a stupid plan that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>63472866
and then he transcended and became emperor, the messy details don't matter anon :x what matters is the outcome
>>
>>63470685
The real question is if he felt uneasy why did he drink the fucking Tea Girl-3P0 Brought
>>
>>63472908
The messy details matter if the three movies are about his rise to power.

But if you just make a movie and the story starts with him being emperor then you're right it doesn't matter.
It's like it was stupid to even make a movie about sheev.
>>
>>63472866
Try reading again. I said he knew it WOULDN'T get signed. I didn't read the rest of your garbage after the first sentence.
>>
>>63472222

underrated quads post tbqhwy senpai (to be quite honest with you family)
>>
>>63472800
who were they taking their orders from, anon? :^)
>>
>>63472987
You sure read slow. It's like you read the entire thing, noticed a small error in the first bit of it and then said you'd discard the rest for giggles.
>>
>>63472033
Am I the only one who thinks the prequels should have been done as a House of Cards in space with Palpatine being Francis Urquhart? With all the Anakin shit as a minor subplot?
>>
>>63473057
or, I had to go take a shit. Or perhaps 4chan isn't my highest priority in life.

I'm just trying to help you understand this children's film. Don't get mad.
>>
>>63473124
I'm beyond help.
>>
File: 1389708048828.jpg (40 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1389708048828.jpg
40 KB, 640x426
>>63472033
>>63473031
>defending the prequels

Just stop.
>>
>>63473031

Taking orders that were dooming them for no apparent benefit....

It was stupid writting, not a smart Sheev
>>
>>63472442
What does the Trade Federation have to gain from killing two Jedi on a mission of negotiation?

Seems like that would be a pretty reprehensible crime in the eyes of the Senate.
>>
>>63473145
How's that wagon, is there enough room for you AND the band?
>>
>>63473189
>>63472033
>>
>>63473206
>lol i m so contrarian xD
>>
And what if Vuvuzela actually does believe Padme and actually goes to help naboo?
>>
>>63473222
That doesn't answer the question at all.

What did the Trade Federation have to gain?
>>
>>63473206
You honestly think that people who criticise the prequels are bandwagoning? You honestly think the prequels have any redeeming factors at all?

...really?

I didn't think people like you existed, I thought it was shitposting.
>>
>>63473247
Good standing with Sheev further down the line. They were scared shitless from him and he obviously had grand political designs.
>>
>>63473247
They're indebted to, and afraid of, sidious. They stand to gain the mineral rights of Naboo. If you want detailed backstory, read Plagueis. I'm out for the day. Figure the rest out on your own.
>>
>>63470685
Qui-Gon got an honorary doctorate and the senate assumed that meant he knew what he was doing
>>
>>63470685
He came to free taxes, not slaves. It's a play on the Jedi's corruption, one of the more important subtexts that Lucas implanted in the tres cool genius movies that are the Star Wars Prequels.
>>
>>63472800
A communications disruption can only mean one thing
>>
>>63470685
All these scenes and all this schlock is just to get in Anakin in the Darth Vader suit for no real reason. And people wonder why the prequels are bad poorly written films. I stand by my statement that people that like these movies are drooling idiots that just like lightsabers or tiny babies.
>>
>>63473345
Not to worry, I am entirely convinced that it is shitposting
>>
>>63473420
Lucas is and has always been a revolutionary and all of his films hate "The Man".

In the PT the republic is in charge and gets violently torn down. This is portrayed as right and good.
>>
ITS TREASON THEN

A DISRUPTION CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING

I HATE SAND

IM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU
>>
>>63473377
>>63473394
They didn't know he was the chancellor. If they did, he wouldn't have needed to wear a cloak when holoconferencing with them.
>>
>>63473394
He didn't and couldn't promise them any of that, you idiot.
>>
>>63473377
Which mean exactly jack shit if they kill two Jedi and the republic arrests them for invading a planet. Also, what were they blockading?

Why would a trade federation blockade trade?
>>
>>63474180
He wasn't for the majority of the movie.
>>
The war was lost, the treaty signed
>>
>>63470685
a bad script
>>
>>63472033
>tfw I didn't really understand if Padme really was or wasn't Queen Amidala
>>
>>63470685
They weren't. They sensed a conflict brewing, and were sent as peacekeepers.
>>
>>63474980
He was for the times he was trying to hide his identity.

Prequel defenders really are mentally retarded.
>>
>>63475732
>They weren't.

Wrong. They were sent as ambassadors to negotiate a trade blockade.

They had no other delegates with them and weren't expecting a fight.
>>
>>63472033
It didn't occur to me before, but do you think Obi-Wan proved to be the one factor that Sheev couldn't control.

The movies suggest that EVERYTHING has been going according to Sheev's plan, but I get the impression that at several times during the plan, Obi-Wan was supposed to die and didn't.
>>
>>63472866
are you retarded? this is literally a shakespearean plot. sheevs plan relies on the tragic proud of the jedi, which intimately becomes their downfall.
>>
>>63475833
>implying the blockage isn't peacekeeping.

>it's not cerveza, it's beer!
>>
>>63472528

PLANETARY INTERGALACTIC
>>
>>63473444
INVASION
N
V
A
S
I
O
N
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.