[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amber Tamblyn Perfectly Captures Hollywood's Absurd Sexism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
Hollywood BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xuF1jm8mJE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjXlXZ5a-I
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 664x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 664x874
Why can't girls write good poetry? Why is it only gay men or drunk depressives can write good poetry?
>>
>>63469169
>older businessman
>5'5''
>[audience is euphoric]
Manlets BTFO.
Also, what's wrong with the brown eyes?
>>
Weak ass shit. Poetry is only good when it makes me feel like dogshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF0U0pVK0bk
>>
>>63469169
You like it.
>>
> found her creative voice
> not a speaking role
>>
>>63469169
From an actress which the main contribution to cinema was her spanking scene, i found it ironic.
>>
>>63469169
>ITS NOT OK TO SEEK A CERTAIN WOMAN
>HE'S 5'5
LMAO AHAHA WHAT A LOSER LOLZ
>>
>>63470482
its cause they don't want the girl to be taller than the lead
>>
>>63469169
Who?
>>
>>63469169

>SHORT MEN LMAO
>>
>>63469169

whiny narcissistic shit from a nobody

any sympathy i had went out the window with that random shot at short men
>>
>>63469169
>Dante's face when
>>
>tfw hollywood is an image-driven industry for both genders but women feel entitled to complain for some reason
>>
>>63469538
it would make the right audience feel like shit. it's not really aimed at you.
>>
>>63470656
>a 5'5" actor gets the lead role
>a 5'6" actress can't play opposite him
>>
>>63469169
all these complaints about Hollywood sexism are really complaints about what material is being made into movies, which is a reaction to what people will pay to see, which is the result of all of humanity's underlying prejudices about gender roles.

it's an insoluble problem unfortunately. human beings are just lazy and shit.
>>
File: 1442833295682.png (166 KB, 605x338) Image search: [Google]
1442833295682.png
166 KB, 605x338
>>63470758
Aren't Amerikek studios potentially being investigated for sexism. Lmao. How do you even justify that? By that logic, we should be looking into the fashion industry for sexism - men get paid a hell of a lot less than their female counterparts and represent an extraordinarily small amount of the industry. Where's the crybullies?
>>
>>63469169

Like other women, she got older and construed her want of art for what is and has always been a business.

They categorize, pre-package and sell whatever it takes to make money. If they have to mash a woman into a little box and break her down to constituent parts, they will.

There's her laugh line, so full of shit she can't figure out she's in the wrong business.

If women want to change things, they need to invest in companies like Reese witherspoon, build production companies and other parts in the machine so they can effect change from the inside.

If their ideas sell, they'll be vindicated, if not they can shut up and go away.
>>
>>63470787

do you have a source or article because I've never heard about any discrimination cases.
>>
>>63469169
She's right. Modern actors look bland. Wish they would represent ugly people more. I think I would feel less like shit if that happened.
>>
>>63471352
Pipe down, Uggo
>>
>>63469169
There is nothing of value here. None of the requests are particularly sexist, and any sort of emotion meant to be felt is created simply by the expectation of what she intended us to feel, not the poem itself.
>>
>>63469169
>Amber Tamblyn Perfectly Captures Hollywood's Absurd Sexism In This--
Well, that sounds alright, some changes need to be made and--
>--Poem
I'M OUT.
>>
Well, shes right about the "role calls for nudity" shit
That should be illegal

I'm not sure what shes complaining about, does she think they aren't just as picky with male actors?
>>
>>63470758
Eh
Plenty of market that is missed by the liberals in hollywood
But they have trouble making movies/films outside of their bias
>>
>>63469169
Her careers in the shitter and bitching that no one wants to hire her because she's nothing more than a B- in the looks department!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>63471267
Literally Google: UCLA Hollywood sexism
>>
>>63471730
>first result
>ACLU demands investigation

The ACLU inveatigates anywhere they smell money, dipshit.
>>
>>63471768
Why do you fight so hard to discredit any perceived sexism against men?
>>
>>63471586
>Well, shes right about the "role calls for nudity" shit. That should be illegal
>That should be illegal
If you're not yet, you're on the right path to be an sjw
>>
The fuck is Amber Tamblyn?
>>
>>63471586
>I'm not sure what shes complaining about, does she think they aren't just as picky with male actors?
Literally all you have to do as a guy is wear a wig, get fake teeth, and steroids.
>>
>>63471226
>reddit formatting
>>
>>63469169
The absurd sexism is that she had a career at all. The only reason she EVER had a gig was because someone wanted to fuck her.

And now that the party is over she want's to take a dump on it.
>>
File: 1449431132673.jpg (242 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449431132673.jpg
242 KB, 1280x720
>>63471352
>I think I would feel less like shit if that happened.

You are fucking tumblr: the person
>>
File: ambertamblyn1.jpg (210 KB, 1077x1600) Image search: [Google]
ambertamblyn1.jpg
210 KB, 1077x1600
whats up with all these people saying amber tamblyn is ugly?

i didn't watch the video because i'm not a star worshiper. i could give a fuck what any hollywood type says, let alone some kind of slam poetry. and yea amber and alexis both worked on obama campaign and are liberals.

but she is good looking.
>>
>>63475124
>not a star worshipper
>has this image on his computer
>>
Amber Tamblyn hasn't been relevant in years.
>>
File: o-DAVID-CROSS-BUSH-facebook.jpg (637 KB, 1536x2082) Image search: [Google]
o-DAVID-CROSS-BUSH-facebook.jpg
637 KB, 1536x2082
Is she still married to this hunk?
>>
>>63475408

Yes
>>
>>63475408
19 years older than her

y
e
a
r
s

o
l
d
e
r

t
h
a
n

h
e
r
>>
>>63470656

Image is often the most important thing in most girls' lives until they have kids. And even then it never stops being important.

So it's no wonder why they never shut the fuck up about it.
>>
someone post the webm of her spanking scene.
>>
>>63475408
Do you guys think the very doc jacob himself molztericed her younger innocence with his "coco-hawaiis" while taping sneakily films?
>>
i can't tell if she's cute or not
>>
>>63469169
There's no way a character that detailed would be untitled.
>>
>>63477189
As a teen: somewhat, nowadays: not at all.
>>
>>63470744
The fuck are you talking about? Actresses play opposite shorter males all the time. See and Cruise or RDJ movie.
>>
>>63479270
>Cruise or RDJ
they're vets from a different era.

Who are some young manlets that have recently become stars?

All I can think of is zac efron and harry potter guy. but harry potter isn't even in movies anymore cus he's an ugly rat.

But even then, they got their start as kids so it doesn't even count.
>>
>>63469538
based heaney
>>
>>63478573
>Not a speaking role
Could mean literally, objecitevely, imagnly, reallystickylly ANYTHING / Everything!
A mime, a mute, a silent film, an animated one ++++++ plenteally more
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.