[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: highlander-movie.jpg (110 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
highlander-movie.jpg
110 KB, 500x713
It was shit.
>>
It won the Academy Award for Best Movie Ever Made you fag.
>>
>>63468566
It really was
>>
scene transitions were cool and I don't understand how they did them
the plot is satuday morning cartoon tier
bizarre casting with french guy playing a scotsman, scotsman playing a spaniard
>>
>>63468631
Remember when they cast an English actor to play the French captain of the Enterprise?

No one complained, then.
>>
>>63468566
kill yourself
>>
>>63468617
>>63468806
>not getting the joke
>>
>>63469325
>tfw I get it
>>
>>63468743
It's unrealistic.
A Frenchman in the far future should be played by an Arab.
>>
OP will never be a Prince of the Universe
>>
I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...............
ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT..........
THAN TO BE THE OP
>>
File: 1446058261487.png (399 KB, 406x483) Image search: [Google]
1446058261487.png
399 KB, 406x483
>>63468566
When I was a kid I saw the cover in a Blockbuster and my dad told me it said Thighlander. I believed him for years.
>>
>>63469406
But who wants to live forever?
>>
>>63469370
>A Frenchman in the far future should be played by an Arab.

amazing bait
>>
>>63469746
He is right though, do you seriously believe that western europe will be white in 50 years?
>>
File: CL-and-FM-thumbnail.jpg (20 KB, 170x284) Image search: [Google]
CL-and-FM-thumbnail.jpg
20 KB, 170x284
>>63469406
>>63469692
>yfw the main character actually shows up in the music video with motherfucking queen for one of their best songs ever.
This shit was so hype. Almost better then the actual movie.
>>
The Kurgan actor was way too over the top. like a batman and robin villain at times. nearly kills the movie.
good movie though that set up a god tier tv series.
>>
>>63469946

THAT LOOK IN THEIR EYES

YOU JUST KNOW
>>
>>63469950

>The Kurgan actor was way too over the top. like a batman and robin villain at times. nearly kills the movie.

I disagree and DON'T respect that opinion, how dare you talk shit about Mr Krabs
>>
>>63469976
Christoper Lampert his type? Now you got me thinking anon.
>>
>>63469950
The Kurgan was pretty funny. He just wanted to have fun in the world and kill. Leave him alone.
>>
File: Lex_DCAU.jpg (18 KB, 562x362) Image search: [Google]
Lex_DCAU.jpg
18 KB, 562x362
>>63469950
>a batman and robin villain
You were so close, and yet so fucking far
>>
>>63468631
>scotsman playing a spaniard
>spaniard
That's a scotsman playing a Spaniard, who was originally born in Egypt, took part in the Battle of Plataea as a Spartan, and eventually came to Scotland where he adopted that accent to blend in and make Connor more comfortable.
and if you believe in Highlander 2, he's from a different planet altogether.
>>
>>63470344
>different planet
more like the distance past
xd
>>
>>63470344
>not watching the renegade version
They are actually magicians from the ancient past where they fought with spaceships and laser rifles and were exiled to the future which is the less distant past, where they can travel back and forth at their leisure as if it had any relevance whatsoever.
Makes a lot more sense
>>
File: 8645123645231.jpg (104 KB, 628x338) Image search: [Google]
8645123645231.jpg
104 KB, 628x338
>>63470344
Connor, did I ever tell you about the prieshts on Planet Zeist?
After we shtaged a coup against General Katana, we were put on trial and shentenced to immortality in exhile on Earth. They were good friendsh.
>>
>>63469997
Even clancy brown himself hated the faggotry he of his character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAoTdvJlL_M
>>
>>63470662
As much as I can appreciate what this guy was talking about, we got enough "Woe is me! Being immortal is tortuous on your mind and emotions" from MacLead.

Kurgan was great in that he fucking loved being an unkillable swordslinger. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted because he felt that immortality meant no consequences. A total opposite of MacLeod.
>>
>>63470662
bollocks

>"It wasn't much on the page, to the Kurgan, it was not written well, it was just kind of a big thuggish bad guy, so I had to do something to make it interesting for myself, and Russel (the director) was having fun, so he let me get away with whatever I wanted to do." - Clancy Brown, 2014.
>>
>>63470505

>General Katana

>who isn't Asian
>or doesn't even have a fucking katana

Pretty much the only way I could stand to watch Highlander 2 again is if they released a version with no dialogue.

Like every Russell Mulcahey movie it's damn gorgeous, but fuck the writing is genuinely terrible.
>>
I liked the idea of the film but it wasn't executed well and each sequel progressively got worse.
>>
>>63471168

I unironically like Highlander 3, even if it is a remake of the first movie, I just liked the illusion shit.
>>
>>63468566
it's just so low budget and awkward
>>
>>63471221

This. It's basically a dumb 90's remake of the first one down to some of the exact same scenes, but at least it didn't have any fucking aliens in it and it had some nice visuals.

Also had Deborah Kara Unger in her prime, fuck she was sexy in that movie.
>>
HIGHLANDER WAS A DOCUMENTARY

SHOT IN REAL TIME
>>
>>63471221
Well. I certainly enjoyed it more that 2.

RIP Mako
>>
It was saved by the soundtrack.
>>
Best villain theme, bar none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2Oi6GQzWM
>>
>>63470505
Is there an hd version with the zeist plot intact anywhere? I like that one much better than the renegade version, at least it's funny as fuck
>>
>>63469746
There are a lot of Turks in France and Germany. Are you American by any chance?
>>
Anyone who doesn't like Highlander must be all sorts of pretentious, it's a great movie.
>>
>>63470006
>type
more like blood type amirite?
>>
It's horrible, yes.
>>
The concept was interesting enough, but it was such a weird movie.
>>
Highlander goes up there with: The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Stir Crazy, Gremlins, Terminator and related 80's films- top tier entertainment. I'm not going to pretend or even want them to be artistically profound.
They entertain my child inside me in the best possible way.
I must have watched these films and others of the era 30 + times
>>
>>63474444
the child* oooops
>>
>>63468566
That soundtrack.
>>
>>63474444
>four 4s
what an amazing feat
>>
>>63474638
I feel really proud today. thank you.
>>
>>63475335
kill urself redditor, Four 4's brings death and party vans on all of us. You have cursed this board for eternity.
>>
Highlander is wonderful.

and has anyone noticed what a fashion icon Conor McLeod is? Belted raincoat, stonewashed jeans and reebok pumps. He's rocking the quintessential 80s New York look
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.