[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>plebs already demanding he get an Oscar before this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
>plebs already demanding he get an Oscar before this movie has even been released

How hyped are you to see him get BTFO again?
>>
>>63466242
Paul Dano already has more awards for Love & Mercy.
>>
I've seen the film, and he's good in it, but there will be a mayor backlash against this movie because the shoot was a nightmare and by all accounts IƱarritu was a real cunt to the crew - whole going 40 million over budget.
>>
>>63467147
How was the bear rape scene? Tastefully done or out of place?
>>
>>63466242
He won't win.
>>
>>63467147
"If we ended up in greenscreen with coffee and everybody having a good time, everybody will be happy, but most likely the film would be a piece of shit."
>>
>>63467189
Even more tasteful than Gyllenhaal and Ledger dry humping in a camping tent.
>>
>>63467147
>IƱarritu was a real cunt to the crew

If people would rather stay in a studio and shoot a survival movie on greenscreen while they sit on their asses drinking coffee, then yes, I'm glad he was a cunt to the whiners and made the movie properly.

>wahh wahh it's freezing outside lets shoot green screen

Then don't work on the movie, don't work in film. If you don't respect the art, get the fuck out.
>>
>>63466242
He'll get it this year. I think the nominees will come down to Leo, Fassbender, Redmayne, Damon and B. Jordan.

Redmayne could be in with a serious chance, it's the kind of performance the Academy love, but they don't give back to backs very often the Oscars have shown time and time again they will essentially give someone an award for their body of work, rather than that specific performance. I think Leo has it in the bag this year.

>>63466341
I think the best Classic could hope for is best supporting actor nomination, considering he shared the part of Brian with Cusack.
>>
>>63467189
Very tastefully done.
>>
>>63466242
one note actors will never win
>>
>>63466242
Leo just isn't a very good actor. He won't win.
>>
>>63466242
The movie is 78 meta no way this is winning anything.
>>
>>63467193
Didn't SJWs demand that he should be nominated for best actress instead?
>>
>>63467312
It's her, shitlord.
>>
>>63467312
>bruce jenner best woman of the year
>eddie redmayne best actress of the year
kek
>>
>>63467306
>The movie is 78

From 14 reviews. When it gets its wide release it will bump up into the low to mid 80s, or universal acclaim, according to metacritic.
>>
>what is a narrative to win
>>
>>63467312
From memory the said the role should have been played by a transgender person.

I agree. Also, Gandalf should have been played by a real wizard instead of that poser, McKellan.
>>
>>63467424
No. I don't think so.

Eddie could play the role just fine. Nothing wrong in my book.
>>
>>63467252
I've been on some grueling shoots - I've worked exterior shoots in Winnipeg in January - I'll do whatever, as long as you're not a fucking cunt.

What I've heard about this shoot isn't from whiny crew. It's from people who were onboard for an exterior shoot in minus 20 degree weather and shooting natural light, but not on board for an indecisive raging director. Want to bet about whether Lubezki shoots his next film or walks away?
>>
>>63467296
This is one of my favorite /tv/ memes.
>>
>>63467478
Stop whining.
>>
File: 555.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
>>63467442
>Replying seriously to that post
>>
>>63466242
Is this the thread for Oscar noms?

Sly deserves at least a supporting actor nom for Creed.
>>
>>63467490
Not a meme. He's slightly above average, that's it. There's plenty of better actors than him.
>>
>>63467494
I will as soon as you get me to that green screen studio
>>
>>63467505
He'll win it. Best supporting actor is usually for old timers who never won or memorable villains.
>>
>>63467478
You sound like a faggot desu.
>>
>>63467505
>Sly deserves at least a supporting actor nom for Creed

Are we grading on a curve now?
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x497
>>63467193
Just like the 12 years the Oscarbait, this movie can't not win an award.
>>
>>63467531
I'm this guy but actually there's another old timer who has never won in a supporting role in one of the front runners for best picture and just missed out on best actor last year.

Lock in Michael Keaton.
>>
>>63467312
It would be funny if he won, because some actresses would be hyperbutthurt but would be unable to say anything because of the potential backlash.
>>
>>63467630
>he
>>
>>63467515
>the "it's not a meme, I'm being genuine guys!" meme
Another classic
>>
>>63467774
Fuck off shitfuck. Leonardo Di Caprio is decent, that's it. Fucking accept that there are more talented people out there. Even Christian Bale is better than Di Caprio. Add Hardy to that.
>>
File: le-oscar-deserving-ball.png (191 KB, 596x687) Image search: [Google]
le-oscar-deserving-ball.png
191 KB, 596x687
rate my OC
>>
>>63467807
>Even Christian Bale is better than Di Caprio. Add Hardy to that.

Both Bale and Hardy are some of the best actors active right now. They arent "lol even these losers are better", they are top notch industry leaders.
>>
>>63467850
No shit sherlock. They're one of the best.
>>
>>63467615
Except movies have already been made about slavery

the biggest mark of Oscarbait is trying to do some gimmick for the first time
>>
>>63467579
>>63467628
I only said nomination, not outright win.
>>
>>63467938
Stallone was fine in that film, but it was more like he was comfortable, like the role is an old, favorite T-Shirt he likes to wear. Nothing extraordinary.
>>
>>63467807
>this entire butthurt post
>tom hardy is better than DiCaprio
Ok buddy that's enough memes for one day. I have a feeling you're British, isn't time for you to pray towards Mecca?
>>
danish girl going to win best male and female
>>
>>63468030
this
>>
>>63467834
gravity cat is not amused
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.