[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Season 1 shows a man so hungry for power, he's willing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6
>Season 1 shows a man so hungry for power, he's willing to lie, cheat, and even kill to get what he wants
>Season 2 shows that as the stakes are raised, so are the means. A man becomes more desperate and violent the higher he climbs until he reaches the precipitous he's always desired
>Season 3 shows the President trying to pass a jobs bill

Wow, what? This just kinda died, huh?
>>
>>63461453

One of the biggest dropoffs in show quality ever

He goes from clever cunning political machinations to yelling PASS MUH BILL at people
>>
>>63461453
>>63461453
Season 1 was GOd-tier
Season 2 was pretty good-tier. Still great.
Season 3 was lmao, I forgot aobut the show compltely-tier

My god. Have they even announced s4? Carrie Underwood needs to play less of a role. It's like when Trailer Park Boys made Bubbles a main character as opposed to a secondary one.
>>
My main complaint is the lack of explosions. There were practically none through all seasons. And only a few deaths in each too. All in all, a weak 5/10.
>>
They made him the president too soon in my opinion, he should've ascended at the end of S3
>>
>>63461650
>It's like when Trailer Park Boys made Bubbles a main character as opposed to a secondary one.

Fuck off Lahey.
>>
>>63461697
To be back on topic though I found HOC season 3 so boring I stopped watching halfway through.
>>
>>63461697
>>63461697
PROPANE PROPANE
>>
Frank wanted the Presidency for so long. Then he gets it and does little with it. Goddamn, the climb is better than the peak, I guess.
>>
>>63461788

maybe that's the point
>>
>>63461453
Netflix shows can't make it past two seasons. Both House of Cards and Orange is the New Black completely fell apart in terms of writing quality after s2.
>>
>>63461788
It's all about the journey, man.
>>
Netflix realized that the show was printing money for them, so they changed the plan from 3 seasons to however many they can squeeze out.

Underwood will still be shot in the head after losing his grip (like Urquhart) by Meechum on Claire's orders. This will not change as it's been foreshadowed from the very beginning when he killed that dog in episode 1.

Hopefully it will happen in season 4 and this show will end before it becomes 100% shit, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
The show always sucked.

Spacey was doing Machiavelli 101 with everyone in DC and he won...every...time. There's was literally no challenge at all to anything he did.

The worst was when he tried to get some teacher bill passed and he just got the guy to punch him in the face and said "I'll tell if you don't support me".

This is reddit tier garbage right here.
>>
Frasier for Frank's Republican rival.

Make it happen, Obama.
>>
File: o-BOSS-CANCELED-facebook.jpg (172 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-BOSS-CANCELED-facebook.jpg
172 KB, 1536x1024
>>63461917
Boss is Boss tier
>>
>>63461696
The original had Francis becoming PM as the same stage.
>>
>>63462202
Francis Urquhart's ambition was to stay in office longer than Thatcher.
Frank Underwood can only stay in office for 2x4 years, so what's his motivation?
>>
>>63462286

POWER
>>
>>63462286
>Frank Underwood can only stay in office for 2x4 years, so what's his motivation?
Tbh, I don't think the series is compatible with US politics, especially given that you can of make yourself PM, but you can't make yourself President in the same way.
>>
They should made Frank start investing more in space exploration, everybody knows Mars right now belongs to no one, the first country that gets there and start building stuff will have it.

Frank and his thirsty for power would finally be over, everyone would remember him as the President that got Mars for america.
>>
It should have ended in S2.

The thrill of the show was Frank scheme for revenge and power. Once he got it, there's really nothing much left.
>>
>s3
>claire gets increased role
>show turns to shit

coincidence?
>>
>>63462607
This. The first and second season are all about him trying to reach his goals by any means necessary and once he achieves them....uhhhhh marital problems! Cause fuck else are we gonna do?
>>
Dough was the only character that made season 3 watchable for me, all those extra Claire scenes were trash.
>>
>>63462503
Frank should legalize all drugs and have to fight against the pharmaceutical, and alcohol lobbies who try to get him impeached.
>>
>>63462894
As I said upper thread, she had too much screen time.
>>
>>63461453
It's more like
>Season 1 is Frank going against his lessers and winning utterly
>Season 2 is Frank going against his equals and using desperate means to get by
>Season 3 is Frank going against his betters... and losing almost completely
It's the turn around season where things start falling apart.
>>
>>63462894

>dough

he ruined every scene he was in. hos character had no flavor and felt half baked.
>>
And now season 4 is the fall
>>
>>63463020
This, they're planning a fall out / comeback
>>
>>63462401
ULTIMATE POWER!!
>>
>>63461453
Yes, season 3 sucked. Frank became a whole different person. Claire... Who gives a shit, honestly.
>>
>>63463020
>Season 3 is Frank going against his betters... and losing almost completely

This would be okay except the Frank we see in Season 3 isn't in any way the Frank we saw in Season 1/2. That Frank was savvy, ruthless, politically aware, a chessplayer working 5/6 moves ahead of the game at all times, and a poker player skilled at making people believe what he wanted them to believe. Frank in Season 3 was a big dope who was weak, clueless, and repeatedly blindsided.

Season 1/2 Frank wouldn't have been trying to pass a jobs bill because he thought it was a really nice idea that people would like, he'd have been trying to pass a jobs bill because it was part of a complex plan to create and pay off allies, hurt enemies, and entrench his power in washington. He might have gotten beaten in the course of trying to play that game but he should at minimum have been playing it.
>>
>>63463587

Completely agree, when he got killed in Season 2 I was so happy, and then in the fucking premiere of S3 he gets the full episode for himself and gets even more space.

God damn it.
>>
>>63463587
no
>>
I was thinking earlier about that subplot involving the single mom Claire met in S3, and how she sorta implied she would kill her baby. What the fuck was that about?
>>
>>63461914
I liked how good he was at what he did. The shut was how season 3 changed who he was. Fucker needed to play not putin or start ww3. Fuck this Claire pussy riot shit.
>>
>>63463703
>>63463717

His character had the right recipe but his texture was too grainy
>>
Everyone ITT is bashing on Claire but I liked her in season 1 and 2, I liked her and Frank's vibe where they both loved each other for how evil and soulless the other one was

In Season 3 she was shit but so was everyone
>>
>>63463806
Fucking christ her character was written so bad in S3

>fuck up on foreign relations
>"oh waaah, why am i not the head of the UN anymore"

i forgot her job, but whatever.
>>
>>63463806
Everyone is bashing Claire because she was good in the first two seasons and then inexplicably went to shit, because.
>>
I liked Doug through season 1 and 2 but he should have been dead in season 3 as an example of Frank throwing people away when they aren't useful to him anymore
>>
>>63463806
This.

Frank and Claire finally achieve POTUS status, the most powerful people in the world, and it's not good enough for her. God, I hate women. She can't even understand that he will only be in office for 2-6 years. It's always me, me, me. Fucking whores are always so short-sighted.
>>
Biggest problem was they didn't show Rachel Brosnahan's pussy and ass hole.

Also they didn't show her murder.
>>
>>63463950
The worst part of it all is that she UNDERSTANDS their plan fully. She knows that for them to establish their legacy, Frank needs to be in power first and then it's her turn. And then in season 3 she just starts crying because he wont make her UN Ambassador and she just keeps on crying about it from there. What the fuck.
>>
>>63463950

Well, they literally had an agreement, which although never discussed in detail, pretty much amounts to "I help you become President and you help me further my political career as well."

She essentially did her part, since he wasn't all too likeable to some folks and also gay, and he kept making her lose more of her clout before giving her a return on that investment in his presidency. So she grew impatient.

Not the best arc to go with this season, but it wasn't complete shit either. She's probably gonna run for president herself, or something in S4. idk
>>
>>63463950

Yep, they just transformed her in the "bitch wife"
>>
File: 1407888859088.png (35 KB, 139x149) Image search: [Google]
1407888859088.png
35 KB, 139x149
>>63464034
>since he wasn't all too likeable to some folks and also gay
He is bisexual; indicative of sociopathic tendencies, you fucking redditor.
>>
>>63464095

Gay and bisexual arent exclusive. bisexuals can be both gay and straight. Also he cant have sex with claire face to face.

>redditor

you're an sjw but I'm the redditor? ok kid.
>>
>>63464034
Does nobody remember when some cunt made her question her goals and that's when she started getting stupid? I can't remember the details but that was essentially what happened. Season 3 was still shit, though.
>>
The entirety of S3 seemed like a lead up to S4, and literally nothing happened.
>>
>>63461453
When you put it that way, it is kinda lame.
I could rationalize it like >>63463020, or I could say the writers/directors/producers didn't have the balls to go full Illuminati and show the elite going toe-to-toe*, but it's ultimately a bit of a let down.

*Which they did anyway, by pretending that an individual could climb to the presidency without at least the tacit support of the powers that be.
>>
File: 1413597552635.jpg (34 KB, 487x375) Image search: [Google]
1413597552635.jpg
34 KB, 487x375
>>63464144
>Gay and bisexual arent exclusive. bisexuals can be both gay and straight.
You type out stupid shit like this and then call me an SJW?
bi=both
gay=one

please kill yourself
>>
At least it'll be over after the next season.
>>
>>63464187

>one is not included in both
>doesn't know how sets work
>>
>>63464034
>>63464095
>>63464187
>>63464144
>he's gay
>no he's bi

he's neither, Frank is asexual or something. Roman. It isn't about sexual pleasure for him it's about having power over someone and exerting that power. About control and manipulation. He used it to get whatever he wanted out of Zoe and he used it to bind Meechum impossibly closer to he and Claire.
>>
It's a nitpick but something that really threw me off was the actual political stuff. It's okay for him to always win when it makes sense, but not when he does stuff he shouldn't get away with.

The first major problem I had with this kind of thing was when Frank went on TV and debated the teacher union guy. He made a complete ass of himself, with stupid auto tuned videos and everything, and when the president told him to give in to the union he fucking refused, and the president backed down! I mean what the fuck? I don't care how wimpy of a president you are when you give your own whip a direct order after he just made a fool of himself on national television and he tells you to fuck off you're gonna tear him a new asshole.
>>
>>63464273
Well that's what I meant by saying it goes along with sociopathy, he most likely is not emotionally connected. Thank you for the correction
>>
>>63464273
>>63464315

What about reporterfag and Military avademy fag? he seemed genuinely attracted to them, and with military academy fag it didnt seem like power whatsoever
>>
>>63464366
he pushed reporterfag into a train dipshit
>>
File: BE3E12-Doyle.jpg (14 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
BE3E12-Doyle.jpg
14 KB, 400x250
>>63464392

not reportergirl, reporterfag. Mickey Doyle. (journalistfag? authorfag?)
>>
>>63464469

that was part of the awful season 3 though and as such doesn't count as real frank
>>
This show wants to be prestige TV so bad. It takes it self way to seriously for how ridiculous it is. Spacey's performance is one note. He is a cartoon in this show.

If this show aired week to week and didn't have the shine as being known as Netflix's big huge splash into original content, it would get ripped apart by people.
>>
>>63464560

Ok, now Academyfag. He was a good friend, after all.
>>
>They turn Claire, a manipulative ruthless partner of Frank, into a stupid bitch
it's like they wanted it to suck
>>
>>63461453

The writers got greedy. They decided they wanted five seasons instead of four. Let's all hope they don't decide they want six.

Season 3 should have concluded with him barely winning the election, squeezing out the victory in some highly illegal way. Season 4 would have been him fighting his inevitable impeachment and life in prison as everything starts falling apart. Show ends with him getting assassinated by someone he thought he could trust after almost making it out of the woods.

Instead we're getting everything dragged out because Netflix needs more money.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>63462401
>>63463681
UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHHHH
>>
>>63464809

It'll go 6 probably. Netflix knows the bigger they get, the less the can count on networks licensing their shows. That's why they're producing so much content (most of it shit), to out race the networks. Marco Polo was a big budget flop and still got a S2. That is how badly Netflix needs content.

House of Cards is their most well known show. They're going to bleed it dry.
>>
I'm glad I wasn't the only person who felt this way. Was barely interested in the latter half of S3 because Frank turned into a scrambling pussy and Claire turned into an overly emotional bitch. They may as well have been different characters.
>>
>>63464964

>big budget flop

It got a decent amount of views and hype even if it was just mediocre in quality. I personally enjoyed it a lot. As long as S2 gets tighter and they don'r fuck it up, it's fine. Netflix isn't strapped to turn a profit -now-, they just need to work towards being self sufficient.
>>
>>63461851

No, Oitnb is still going strong. The 3rd season was pretty good.

And then there's the total flops like Hemlock Grove. Fucking christ i forgot that I actually watched the entire first season of that shit. Never again.
>>
>>63465234

Same here... Try watching S2. I dare you.
>>
>>63465091

I watched Marco Polo just for the setting and the lavish backdrops. The story was solid, not remarkable but a lot better then say, Hell on Wheels or other historical dramas.
>>
I hope they do a Black Lives Matter episode next season.

>Now now look, I know y'all negroes is upset, I hear that, I truly truly do, but now listen to me when I say this: you're not important, none of your struggles are. and we all now you're gonna keep voting Democrat anyway, so I might aswell do what I damn well please and tell you that Freddie Gray was a no good nigger.
>>
why did they ruin claire
>>
>>63464646
Easy, they formed a bond while going through a military academy. The thing is we don't know much about the context of their relationship other than that they had one. Maybe that was the first time Frank realized there was something more to sex beyond the physical pleasure. Maybe not. Maybe they first came together after a particularly tough hazing event that they had both gone through, who knows.

>>63464560
This, season 3 is shit, so fuck reporterfag
>>
Is it true he becomes a liberal once he is the president?
>>
I actually liked S3 way more than you guys give it credit. I agree that it's actually better when Frank doesn't get what he wants. Like when he gets passed over for the education position or whatever it was in Ep1 and he just goes completely ruthless, it's fun. I also hated every single second of Doug's arc, while still thinking that Doug is one of the best characters. Also I hated the obligatory nigger fucking a white woman sex scene with Remy.

The only person who is worth a damn in the House of Cards universe is Rachel's lesbian Christian fellowship friend. Also I wonder what they're going to do with Seth to show his vulnerable, shitty dark side. He's been too straight so far.
>>
They should make HoC more topical and have Frank try to deport all muslims in season 4
>>
>>63465091

It checks all the boxes necessary for a flop.

Huge budget (100M)
Critical flop (FORTY TWO on metacritic)
No buzz among viewers (literally no one talks about it)

It makes the Bastard Executioner look like a roaring success and that got axed after one season. Marco Polo wouldn't have gotten a second season if it was on HBO/FX/AMC etc.
>>
>>63465840
Glad it's on netflix then because I'm actually looking forward to its return

we don't get enough big budget period pieces with lots of action and battle scenes
>>
>>63463587
brilliant, anon
>>
>>63465913

Maybe you can watch the Transformers movies after. Seems right up your alley.
>>
>>63465946
Already seen all of them desu
>>
>>63461453
I can never watch something so bland and boring. I tried I think 5 times to get into this show, I literally fell asleep.
>>
>>63463587

they kneaded to put more work into his character.

amirite guys
>>
Honestly I don't think I'll even watch Season 4. I'm still trying to forget that last awful season.
>>
Have you guys watched Profit? It's pretty good
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.