[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one man be so based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
How can one man be so based?
>>
DUDE I'M DIRECTING LMAO
>>
>>63460514
Cause he was interested in pushing actual boundaries
>>
literally reddit the director
>>
File: co_homeentry.jpg (199 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
co_homeentry.jpg
199 KB, 600x360
>>
>>63460609
Only a newfag who is trying to look like an oldfag would say that
>>
>>63460610
what am I supposed to be looking at?
>>
Kubrick was an autist with no knowledge of how human emotions work, which made him an inherently bad storyteller.
>>
>>63461293
Eyes wide shut? Full metal jacket?
you fucking pleb
>>
>>63461293
Paths of Glory.
You non-conformists are annoying. He was a great filmmaker. One of the best of all time. Probably not the best, but he's up there. At least in the top 100. Probably top 50.
>>
>>63461564
I would say he is the best, with tarkovsky a close 2nd,
Just because he was successful and kinda "mainstream" dosnt mean his art should be looked at differently
>>
>>63460514
>>>/lit/
>>
>>63462100
I think people just dislike him because he's the first director young plebs learn about after Nolan. He's the most popular "art" director there ever was. People are just mad that he's more famous than their favorite director.
>>
It's called superior jewish blood, you stupid goy.
>>
Barry Lyndon isn't my favorite film, but its aesthetically the best looking film I've ever seen.

Kubrick had shit screenwriters, but when it came to using film as a canvas for his "paintings" he was second to no one.
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
At least it ain't Amadeus
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 994x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 994x620
Eyes Wide Shut is slightly more comfy, IMO
>>
>>63464624
>Eyes Wide Shut
>comfy

Looks like that film flew right over your head. Keep rewatching it family.
>>
File: Kubrick.jpg (68 KB, 450x411) Image search: [Google]
Kubrick.jpg
68 KB, 450x411
>>63460514
>Kubrick: I will say that the God concept is at the heart of 2001—but not any traditional, anthropomorphic image of God. I don’t believe in any of Earth’s monotheistic religions, but I do believe that one can construct an intriguing scientific definition of God, once you accept the fact that there are approximately 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone, that its star is a life-giving sun and that there are approximately 100 billion galaxies in just the visible universe. Given a planet in stable orbit, not too hot and not too cold, and given a few billion years of chance chemical reactions created by the interaction of sun’s energy on the planet’s chemicals, it’s fairly certain that life in one form or another will eventually emerge. It’s reasonable to assume that there must be, in fact, countless billions of such planets where biological life has arisen, and the odds of some proportion of such life developing intelligence are high. Now, the sun is by no means an old star, and its planets are mere children in cosmic age, so it seems likely that there are billions of planets in the universe not only where intelligent life is on a lower scale than man but other billions where it is approximately equal and others still where it is hundreds of thousands of years in advance of us. When you think of the giant technological strides that man has made in a few millennia—less than a microsecond in the cosmology of the universe—can you imagine the evolutionary development that much older life forms have taken? They may have progressed from biological species, which are fragile shells for the mind at best, into immortal machine entities—and then, over innumerable eons, they could emerge from the chrysalis of matter transformed into beings of pure energy and spirit. Their potentialities would be limitless and their intelligence ungraspable by humans.
>>
>>63461564
>Paths of Glory
>anything but slobbering dogshit pandering to holier-than-thou liberals

You plebs are so helpfully self-indentifying.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.