[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on The Raid 2? Personally, it's one of the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: raid 2 poster.jpg (306 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
raid 2 poster.jpg
306 KB, 1012x1500
Thoughts on The Raid 2? Personally, it's one of the greatest action movies I've seen.
>>
>>63460292
I never watched the first, only picked up the second because it was on Blu-Ray.

I like it.
>>
>>63460292
I thought the first one was incredibly boring.
>>
>>63460292
Agreed, especially the fact that it's a 2 1/2 hr movie, that kitchen fight at the end is fucking epic.
>>
>>63460292
The question is, will the third live up to the second one?
>>
>>63460292
All Asians look the same which made it too hard to follow. 4/10
>>
Its great.
>>
I refuse to watch any move that isn't made in the US of fucking A.

Build wall btw.
>>
>>63461960
The first movie takes, you know, something as run of the mill and Die Hard and executes it unlike any other action movie every made.

The fact that Raid 2 shows us that Die Hard is happening on every street corner of this world is fucking the coolest thing ever.
>>
>>63462173

BUILD. WALL.
>>
Great movie
>>
File: 1445827433222.jpg (59 KB, 594x434) Image search: [Google]
1445827433222.jpg
59 KB, 594x434
Do I need to see the first one before I watch this?
>>
>>63462410
A lot of people like the first one more than the second one, so I would definitely check out the first one first. Also, don't wait too long before watching the second one afterwards. I watched the second one a year after the first and I was pretty confused at the beginning of it.
>>
>>63462201
Oh hadn't meant to reply on your post, wasn't talking to you.
>>
ITT: a bunch of 15 year olds think this 4/10 trash is "fucking epic"
>>
>>63460292
I liked how it showed plenty of gore

I consider this movie an action/horror
>>
>>63462410
You don't need to, no. But I would recommend checking out both.
>>
>>63460292
Felt like it was trying too hard with some stuff (the long shots at the beginning, the framing of shots, and the plot line itself) and it felt like it was trying to compete with other well-known foreign titles like Oldboy. Also felt like they brought back that played the villain in the first movie just because they could, he didn't seem to contribute anything to the plot and felt out of place. Otherwise the action sequences were top-notch, especially those prison fights and the final few fights.
>>
File: 1448198080097.jpg (66 KB, 681x460) Image search: [Google]
1448198080097.jpg
66 KB, 681x460
>>63462788
>this faggot comes in the thread
>>
>>63466136

this tbqhwyf. i enjoyed 1 more
>>
I love this movie, especially how the last 45 minutes is one long climax
>>
>>63460292
First one's better in my opinion. The tighter focus gave it a way more intense feel and the first movie had those kick ass gun fight scenes in the beginning which were intense.
Not to mention the final battle with Mad Dog which was the best fight out of both movies.

I like the second one a lot, but the story's not much better and the luscious sets don't matter as much as the tense ass fucking claustrophobic fight scenes in the first one.
>>
>>63460292
1>2

First one had a tighter story and kept a faster pace. It focused on the action and kept only what it needed of a story to keep going. It had some humor but kept a serious tone and stayed on point.

The second was good, but not nearly as clean. It let the story get too complex and distracting. It got too cartoony with weirdly themed fighters (baseball bat guy, the girl). The poor focus of the story meant the climax was off and the story didn't pay off nearly as well as the first.

Don't get me wrong, 2 is still really good. But 1 is so much better.
>>
>>63462410
No, this one was wrote first. They only made the first one to raise the funds to make this one.
>>
File: kate cooper.png (255 KB, 449x675) Image search: [Google]
kate cooper.png
255 KB, 449x675
way sicker than the first. actually has multiple settings to keep you interested instead of hallway after hallway (which, the first one does an amazing job of somehow keeping that entertaining).

prison scene intro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all cinekinoflickelodeans
>>
>>63460292
>it's one of the greatest action movies I've seen.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
>>63467120
It's literally the Dark Knight of action movies though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.