[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone recommend this? What about the extended cut? Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: nympho.jpg (10 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
nympho.jpg
10 KB, 187x270
Does anyone recommend this? What about the extended cut? Is there another Von Trier film I should watch first?
>>
>>63458811
you should probably watch Antichrist first.
>>
Antichrist and Dancer in the Dark are his best
>>
>>63458875
I don't like horror films.
>>
>>63458927
It's not a horror film, really. Plus there's a lot of references to it in Nymphomaniac. In fact, there's references to his other movies as well. Watch these in order: Antichrist, Dogville, Melancholia, Manderlay, Dancer in the Dark, then Nymphomaniac.
>>
I absolutely recommend the extended cut
I watched the extended editions of the two volumes separately rather than the full thing at once, but I fucking LOVED both of them.

I'd also recommend Melancholia, I thought that was great too. I saw that one first, I'd say Melancholia is a lot more accessible and should prepare you for Nymphomaniac, but it's absolutely worth watching regardless of order
>>
It's shit but you might get a wank out of it

Antichrist and Melancholia were much better
>>
>>63459440
What's your interpretation of the ending?
>>
>>63459527
Seligman couldn't be convinced that Joe was a bad person, and either it's that he's testing her to finally convince him of it, or he couldn't have been convinced because he's an even worse person than Joe.

I'd imagine either are as valid, but the latter would probably make more sense
>>
>>63459659
I thought it was supposed to be that Joe was so corruptible that she corrupted Seligman and turned him into a rapist.
>>
File: 1447232552129.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1447232552129.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
Shia's English accent was atrocious. I dunno if I enjoyed watching it, it's an experience though. There is a scene where she graphically performs and abortion on herself and I thought to myself "What the fuck am I watching this for?"
>>
>>63459691
It's whatever you want it to be, I'm sure you could get thousands of different interpretations from a movie like that
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.