[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw this for the first time, and I fucking loved it. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 848x1200
I just saw this for the first time, and I fucking loved it. I know it's Tarantino's worst but holy shit that was fun. The last 30 minutes had me on edge the whole time, and the stunts were so fucking good because they were real. What does /tv/ think of Death Proof?
>>
>>63458053
quentins best film. not even memeing
>>
it was okay better than that other Grindhouse movie, the one where the girl has a machine gun as a leg. I can't remember the name and I'm not googling it
>>
>>63458053
Why does Kurt Russell go from being a bad ass at the start to a crying whiny bitch at the end?
>>
literally the ONLY thing good about this flick is kurt russell

beyond that it's visual cancer
>>
>>63459576
Planet Terror
>>
File: 1448109415806.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1448109415806.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>>63459193
Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are no doubt his best. Stop being a contrarian
>>
>>63459576
planet terror is better
>>
>>63459730
normie
>>
>>63459696
The gruesome deaths are pretty neat too
>>
>rosario dawson will never go down to your mexico
why live
>>
My favorite Quentin movie. The first half is amazing because of Kurt, the second half is amazing because of Zoe's stunts. Very grounded as far as horror movies go.

Kurt played a fantastic stalker, I wish he'd do something else similar to Death Proof.
>>
>>63459730
If you were a true patrician, you would know his best film was jackie brown
>>
>>63461162
OP here, bingo
>>
It's my third best Cvcktino. When it came out I thought it was a masterpiece, didn't understand the hate it got. The double feature release was really special too.
>>
from best to worst

Jackie Brown
Kill Bill volume 1
Reservoir Dogs
Death Proof
Kill Bill volume 2
Inglorious Bastards
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
>>
>>63461716
Damn with Django at the bottom it's like Quentin's never made a REALLY bad movie
Perfect filmography?
>>
>>63461716

>pulp fiction after basterds

Pleb taste right here.
>>
I always loved Death Proof. It's the only Tarantino film that's actually like the 70's exploitation films he takes "inspiration" from.

When I dragged my dad to Grindhouse, he hated the first half (Planet Terror) but he thought the second half made it worth it. And who can fucking argue with that.
>>
>>63459654

Because he's SURPRISE[/surprise] a more complex character than a homicidal psycho. He's all cool, macho, sadistic, and scary when he's in control of his little games. But as soon as they turn the tables on him and actually wound him, he's exposed as just a fragile little creep who can't handle anything not going his way.
>>
bretty gud article on why it actually deserves way more praise than it gets, even by QT himself:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/quentin-tarantino-death-proof-not-his-worth-movie
>>
only good film he's ever done, and boy is it good
>>
>when he looks at the camera as the first girl gets into his car

based movie
>>
>>63461716
IMO

Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Death Proof
Django Unchained

I always loved Basterds, not sure why people dislike it. I also preferred KB 2 to the the first one, I enjoyed The Bride finally meeting her daughter and finally facing Bill (not to mention the the confrontation with Michael Madson before)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.