[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The world Patrick lived in was phony, through and through. All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
The world Patrick lived in was phony, through and through. All plastic and fake and greedy and status driven.

Was it supposed to be a dark comedy in a twisted way? The world of Patrick Bateman is depicted as normal. But Patrick goes insane because he can't take it anymore. Until he wants to find true love. And he tests each woman before he disposes of them in any way, tangible or emotionally. He uses what he knows through fashion to be satisfied with the love of his life.

Guy has a trophy wife but is bored.

Thus I think this is Christian Bale's best performance of his career

I think he went insane and wanted to kill it.

We needed to
>>
>>63457925
I think Bateman was gay. I'm serious, the gay man was the only person he didn't kill besides that nice girl.
>>
new dubs.
what do you think?
>>
>>63457925
The guy was obsessed with being normal and blending in but then he also hated most people who were exactly the same.

The gay man and the nice lady he told to leave were actual real people which is why he couldn't kill them.
>>
>>63459698
Bateman is not part of that Yale thing.
>>
>>63459878
>implying guys that go to Yale are all faggots
At least they're open about it in the closet Harvard fag.
>>
woah howd these get here
>>
>>63459698
That was a part of the book

He was a repressed homosexual
>>
>>63460040
Oh shit really? I never read the book. That's cool.
>>
>>63460040
Just because you're into fashion doesn't mean you're a homosexual.

Bateman slayed pussy.
>>
>>63460094
He felt nothing for those bitches though.
>>
>>63460040

If not killing gays is your argument for Bateman being a repressed homosexual in the book, why, in the book, did he kill the gay man and his dog in the park?
>>
>>63460161
The book isn't the movie. They, and their worlds, exist independently of each other.
>>
>>63460094
It's not only the fashion thing. I can't give you a run down of the whole book because it's been years since I've read it, but I'd recommend looking up Patrick Bateman homosexual on Google, there's a lot more subtext in the book.
>>
>>63458065
fuck off you stupid faggot thats not going to become a meme
>>
>>63460161
He hates gays who were free to act out their lifestyles. They disgusted him, but he was deeply envious of how they lived and it filled him with rage.
>>
In a 1999 interview, the author suggests that his reluctance to definitively label his sexuality is for "artistic reasons." He commented "if people knew that I was straight, they'd read [my books] in a different way. If they knew I was gay, 'Psycho' would be read as a different book."
>>
>>63460329
Definitely gay then
>>
>>63460329
Do you think Bret Easton Ellis and Jac McInerney ever sucked each other off?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.