[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krampus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: krampus.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
krampus.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
Anybody else been to see this?

Just got back and thought it was ok, really enjoyed the practical effects and for some reason always enjoyed Adam Scott.

It doesn't overly rely on jumpscares or gore to get it's point across, and is nowhere near as camp as it could be, yet manages to keep humour intact.

Anybody else seen it? Thoughts?
>>
>>63457303
I loved it. The Christmas-y aspect never really faded, even during the terror parts.
>>
>>63457303
ive been itching to see it. anyone got a torrent?
>>
>>63457435
It's worth seeing if you can't get one
>>
Sad that I won't get to watch it until next year but I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>63457435
>Blu-ray / DVD release date is estimated for February 2016
>>
>>63457771
ill settle for a shitty cam version
>>
File: 1439774613432.gif (18 KB, 600x191) Image search: [Google]
1439774613432.gif
18 KB, 600x191
>>63457303
Fucking sucked. Boring story that went nowhere. Don't hate it, just disappointed.
>>
>>63458298
where did you expect it to go?
>>
File: krampus jack in the box.jpg (51 KB, 656x343) Image search: [Google]
krampus jack in the box.jpg
51 KB, 656x343
this guy was pretty well done
>>
>>63457771
I'm not gonna watch a Christmas movie in February. Guess I'll wait til next December
>>
>>63458348
Somewhere.
>>
>>63458349
Did he actually have insides or did kids just rest inside his paper chest?
>>
so we're they Christmas themed demons or demons dressed in Christmas themed costumes?
>>
>>63458730
Christmas themed demons. He comes when people don't respect the spirit of Christmas and lose hope
>>
Why did Krampus fuck with the DHL guy and the family down the block? What the fuck did they do?
>>
>>63458377
A magical forces punishes the wicked but then concede's to a child's wish and leaves a family transformed, literally unable to speak about there experience.
>>
>>63458961
>family down the street
He fucked with everyone around, they make a point to say how a lot of people are gone for the holidays so the whole rich area probably had low holiday spirit
>DHL guy
As seen from the flashback and the ending, Krampus is kind of an asshole
>>
>>63458980
Yeah and it sucked.
>>
>>63459486
Hey there. I know I didn't write a lot in my post, but I wrote a pretty concise description of the movie, and I purposely didn't use opinion. I wrote a factual account of the film.

So, I take it personally that you are such a dipshit that you post absolutely nothing in response.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>63459542
>nothing for nothing

Fair trade.
>>
>>63459597
So we agree on the fact that the film DID go somewhere?
>>
>>63459756
Yes. Would watch again.
>>
It was probably a 4/10. There was virtually 0 humor. I laughed once when one of the bull dykes got brass knuckles as a present. The best thing about the movie was the references to Calvin and Hobbes with a mention about a "noodle incident" that wasn't furthered elaborated upon and the snowmen outside. I didn't feel an ounce of terror even though I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes horror movies. So it failed on both fronts.
>>
>>63459797
>"noodle incident" that wasn't furthered elaborated upon and the snowmen outside.
I honestly didn't catch the Snow Goons reference until you pointed it out. That's subtle as fuck.

Anyway, it made me laugh a few times, I was really having fun with how ridiculous it was. Fear gave way to laughter around the time the Jack In The Box hugged one of the elves. That shit made me cackle.
>>
>>63459797
>"noodle incident"
I wondered why that seemed familiar.
>>
>>63460109
Mom's spaghetti
>>
I thought it was great. Don't understand why people don't realize Krampus' face is a mask.
>>
>>63457303
Excellent movie I loved all of it. Not really scary, more of a campy vibe to it. Although that jack in the box slug was legitimately creepy and Krampus looked delightfully offputting.

>>63460721
It was a mask? Cool. I liked it eitherway.
>>
>>63461100
Yeah, it looked like he was wearing Santa's torn-off face for a mask. That's pretty fucked up.

I was sold on this when someone told me it's as good as Gremlins. I dunno about that, and it doesn't really feel the same: this movie is a lot MEANER than the Amblin movies. All the family members are messed up in their own way, but then they get humanized right before or just as they start getting picked off.

There were so many moments in the families struggle with the critters where I clearly been trained to expect them to come out ok (notably, when the jack in the box escapes and the last scene between Max and Krampus). It felt like a gut punch every time it worse and worse.

I mean, it was great, but darker than I expected.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.