[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give it to me straight like a pear cider that's made from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: stewart-lee-23.jpg (1 MB, 1701x2551) Image search: [Google]
stewart-lee-23.jpg
1 MB, 1701x2551
Give it to me straight like a pear cider that's made from 100% pears.
>>
File: stewartleeplaystennis.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
stewartleeplaystennis.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Richard Littlejohn. Cunt.
Not someone who works as a cunt.
>>
>>63456451

Is his whole thing that he is meant to be the most literal example of a typical guardian reading londonite? Is that his thing?
>>
>>63457224

That, and tediously deconstructing his attempt at making a joke before giving up on the joke in frustration because he likes to pretend his audience aren't as clever as him.
>>
>>63457279
That's him playing a character, the main part of the joke went over your head.
>>
>>63456451
Literally ruined every other stand up comedian for me.
>>
File: he come out stew.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
he come out stew.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
>>
I'm british and I think workaholics is much funnier than anything steward lee will ever make.
>>
>>63457224
Yeah, its a parody, but most people take it at face value.
>>
>>63456451
but the bloke in the advert says pear
>>
>>63457759
>i'm underage and don't understand metahumour preferring light american sitcoms
>>
R A T K O
A
T
K
O

M L A D I C
L
A
D
I
C
>>
>>63457421
That's sad. Stand-up is an understated art form that no single comedian can ubiquitously personify. What if everyone had given up on standup after hearing Bill Hicks?
>>
>>63456451
Morrissey has really let himself go.
>>
>>63458097
Bill Hicks wasn't that funny. Lee is.
>>
>>63457421

most standup is fucking shite, he did you a favour
>>
>>63458181
A 1930s newspaper cartoon drawing of Tarzan's face has let himself go.
>>
>>63458198
Bill Hicks was funny but you are probably to young to understand and too detached to care.
>>
>>63458328
>Bill Hicks was funny
Post evidence
>>
>>63458181
Mark Lamarr looks fat.
>>
>>63457382

I'm aware its part of his act m8.It was his act I was describing faggot.
>>
>>63458355
Have you ever seen Revelations? It's a 90's stand-up masterpiece. Check out the bootleg shows he did when he was terminally ill. Fuck just type his name into youtube and watch any given video.
>>
>>63458355
See- "Let's hunt and kill Billy Ray Cyrus"
>>
>>63458328
Way to post an argument attacking me and yet offering no evidence. I'm a huge fan of stand-up and I loved Hicks when I was younger but you have to admit while he did something different he was not really that funny.

He has some lines/bits that make me laugh but he's more a great counter-culture icon rather than a great comedian.

Hicks was important in my life when I was growing up but he does not belong in the same breath as the real greats, of which Lee definitely belongs.
>>
>>63458254
>i have no taste in standup comedy, and you shouldn't too
>>
>>63458504
>no evidence
granted you probably didn't see my repsonse before posting >>>63458504

>>63458513
>Hicks was important in my life when I was growing up but he does not belong in the same breath as the real greats, of which Lee definitely belongs
you wouldn't have Stewart Lee if not for Bill Hicks. I don't care if it's a cliche but alternative comedy would never have made it out of the B clubs without Bill Hicks paving the way.
>>
>>63458620
>you wouldn't have Stewart Lee if not for Bill Hicks. I don't care if it's a cliche but alternative comedy would never have made it out of the B clubs without Bill Hicks paving the way.

Lee comes from a completely different stand-up culture than Hicks and you're entirely overstating Bill's importance. Stand-up existed successfully long before Hicks and would have been fine if he never existed, despite any influence he did have.

Also, even if what you say is true and he did pave the way, it doesn't make him that funny. He's simply not. His material is simply not that good.
>>
Nobody here understands Stewart Lee. Nobody anywhere truly understands Stewart Lee. He is a master-craftsman and you are all undoubtably Guardian reading Tory scum. Go ahead, post another Top Gear thread. Delight over the antics of Hamster Hammond. Smirk with Clarkson's bigoted rhetoric. Smile along with the soft humour of James May. No one on /tv/ is high brow enough to understand Stewart Lee. Stewart Lee is the epitome of metahumour something that plebs here have no understanding. Stewart Lee is an unsurpassed genius. Stewart Lee is respected the world over. Critics consistently rate Stewart Lee as the voice of a generation. Stewart Lee, Stewart Lee... Stewart Lee. Stewart Lee really cares about the issues, and has a depth of knowledge on racism and sexism that he learned at university and on the alternative comedy circuit of the 1980's. Only British comedians called Stewart Lee can truly understand what that means, although Richard Herring comes close. All American standup comedy, and comedy as a whole, pales in significance with the supreme intellect of Stewart Lee. Patton Oswalt credits Stewart Lee as his major influence. Stewart Lee is a comedians comedian. Stewart Lee is a man of the people. Only intelligent people who have a degree though. Stewart Lee is too intelligent for most audiences. No other comedian has ever layered their act with the amount of depth and throwback as Stewart Lee. No other comedian has ever had such devotion to the performance of his art-form as Stewart Lee. I bet if this was a Russell Howard Good News thread it would have already filled up with hundreds of responses. Russell Howard would get a permanent sticky on /tv/ but nobody has ever or will ever truly understand Stewart Lee and you never can. Stewart Lee is the most astute political mind in comedy. His satire extends beyond the realm of what was previously imagined. No surprise to me that this underage meme board can't comprehend the fact that Stewart Lee is Stewart Lee...
>>
>>63458795
Bill Hicks is just edgy. Literal EDGE: The Stand-Up Comedian.
>>
>>63456451
Went to see him last year, incredibly good
>>
>>63459219
Since when was edgy a valid critique?
>>
>>63459354
When you're talking about something from the 90's/early 2000's it's very valid.
>>
Fucking /tv/ standup threads always descending into Bill Hicks fanboys vs contrarion arguments.
>>
>>63459831
As soon as Bill Hicks fanboys stop being wrong, we shall have peace. But until then, the faggotry continues.
>>
>>63457828
This is the most Reddit comment I've ever read, Stewart Lee might appeal to your pretentious self aggrandising pomposity but don't assume just because people don't share your opinion they're less intelligent than you.
>>
>>63458328
Go to bed, Stew.
>>
>tfw Stewart Lee is the most right wing comedian of them all
>>
>>63460291
I think it's the buttons on the suit with canvas sneakers that piss people off so much.
>>
>>63460415
I think it's his legs and arms and the things he says that piss people off so much.
>>
>>63457224
Yes, he is always playing a character on stage not just an exaggeration of his own political beliefs but also usually with some other character flaw that becomes more and more apparent as the show goes on such as a depressed middle age dad who hates his life or an alcoholic or someone with massive self worth issues.
>>
>>63459138
wow, I wonder what he'd think of this
If I ever meet him again, I'll ask him if he knows he is a /tv/ meme
>>
I can't believe he still has the online critique bit

http://www.stewartlee.co.uk/online-critiques/

One of my mates is on there somewhere
>>
>>63457421

Even Lee Mack? At least he can cut the mustard on a panel gameshow.
>>
>>63461067
i'd say sean lock, stewart lee, and lee mack are on the same level.
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/StewartLee
>>
Are pears the best fruit?
>>
File: Fucking_genius_comedyman.jpg (110 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
Fucking_genius_comedyman.jpg
110 KB, 618x618
>>63459138
10/10
>>
>>63461182

Yeah but Sean Lock and Lee Mack aren't cultural bullies from the Oxbridge mafia.
>>
File: images.jpg (31 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31 KB, 264x400
Anyone here ever read this?
>>
File: Stewart-Lee-580_14515a.jpg (41 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
Stewart-Lee-580_14515a.jpg
41 KB, 580x350
>>
>>63460814
“Stewart Lee simply is not funny. In fact to anyone with an ounce of sense he’s highly fucking irritating and slapworthy. Sorry.” Simon Cowell, Youtube
>>
>>63462573
“A poor man’s Jack Dee.” Audience member, Belgrade Theatre, Coventry
>>
>>63462630
“I think I’ll go and watch my Bill Hicks back-catalogue. It’s better than watching Stewarts poor attempt at nicking BH’s comedy genius. Mind you, he’s not the 1st to try. Just ask Denis Leary.? Lying on the floor, repeating the joke over and over. C’mon Stewart! Maybe the sycophants in your audience kept laughing on cue, but I certainly wasn’t.? The shame is you had some relevant comments to make.” Potace, bbc.co.uk
>>
>>63462630
>>63462573
>>63462659
go to sleep stewart.
>>
>>63462739
No, I won't go to sleep. You know, I have to go to the shops tomorrow, you know, like a person does...and I have to go to it, like a person, and I hope I find what I want.
>>
DEL BOY, STEW
>>
>>63462798
That's a good one. I hope you use it, Stewart.
>>
>>63462739
Fuck off this is a Stewart Lee appreciation thread.
>>
I don't get you britfags ? I like pear cideer
>>
>>63462659
“Big surprise, guardianistas love comic who went to a posh school and oxbridge. Dave Chappelle’s could show him how it’s done.” Neolab, Guardian.co.uk
>>
DUDE TOP GEAR LMAO
>>
>>63462659
The fact that he posts these on his site and even answers some of them proves he's a cunt. He and his twat sidekick Dick Herring are both as unfunny as each other.
>>
>>63462874
No, you see,

>>63462855
>>63462739
>>63462798
>>63462659
>>63462630
>>63462573

Are all me. The same person. You thought it wasn't, which helps the joke, but it wasn't...it was me, all me. I deceived you, but, for the right reasons...to make you laugh.
>>
“A sneering tosser.” Rowing Rob, Guardian.co.uk
>>
>>63463044
You've just ruined Stewart Lee for me.
>>
literally based
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.