[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> the Jedi were the guardians of the republic for 1000 generations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 1024x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 1024x660
> the Jedi were the guardians of the republic for 1000 generations
> If a generation = 20 years, then they existed for 20,000 years
> Fade to myth status or completely forgotten within 20 years

How?
>>
>jedi archives destroyed
>"how could their history have been lost???"
>>
>>63456060
How do you even measure years in an interplanetary community? Shouldn't every planet have different years?
>>
File: so sorry.jpg (67 KB, 468x418) Image search: [Google]
so sorry.jpg
67 KB, 468x418
Imperial propaganda.
Just like white people, few decades ago they were the cream of the crop, now look at them.
>>
>>63456060
The prequels are non canon man
>>
>>63456060
Because there were only a hundred left in an entire galaxy. So if people did see one, they wouldn't see one in action, let alone give them any attention.

And the Empire did a good job villainizing them, as well as erasing whatever history/temples they could find.
>>
There was a huge Expanded Universe retcon to explain this one mistake in George Lucas dialogue:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruusan_Reformation
>>
Censorship from the Empire
>>
>>63456120
Star Wars = fantasy.

Star Trek = science fiction.
>>
>>63456138
>the prequels are non-canon
THIS IS WHAT JJ WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE
LUCAS PURISTS HOLD STRONG
DARK TIMES ARE COMING
>>
>>63456174
Star Trek is sci-fi, not science fiction.

With the exception of the Harlan Ellison episode which, in its butchered version, might be science fiction, but not quite speculative fiction.
>>
File: 1449611225760.png (391 KB, 820x376) Image search: [Google]
1449611225760.png
391 KB, 820x376
>>63456060
>You fought in the Clone Wars?

>Yes. I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.
>That reminds me. Luke, did I ever tell you that in our prime (which happened to be a mere 20 years ago), the Jedi had Dragon Ball Z powers and could destroy armies single-handedly, run at lightning fast speed, deflect blaster bolts with stunning precision, jump tens of thousands of feet in the air, and hover around for prolonged periods of time? "Crouching Jedi, Hidden Sith" sums up that era well.
>Now that I'm an old man, I can't do any of that anymore. Time is not a good friend.
>>
>>63456060
well they were super secretive so no outsiders really knew about their shit and then they all got fucking murdered so there's that
>>
>>63456060
Because of the most charismatic speech. Ever.

http://youtu.be/Lo4cFViNLes
>>
>>63456133
I hope the Han Solo prequel addresses why he thinks the Jedi are bullshit since he would of been alive while they were around.
>>
>>63456550
star wars was a long time ago dragon ball z had not been created
>>
>>63456469
What do you think sci-fi means?
>>
>>63456060
see
>>63456106
this
>>
>>63457059
Exactly what the authors who coined it think it means:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction#The_term_.22sci-fi.22

This isn't like "film" versus "movie", the term was created as an insult and then it caught on.
>>
>long time ago
>galaxy far away

Obviously, we can't expect all the information we receive to be completely accurate. Just look at our own civilization's convoluted history.
>>
>muh destroyed archives
>muh super secretive limited club membership.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

So a fucking illiterate slave boy, his junk trading owner, a gangster and fuck knows who else on some obscure backwater planet all know what Jedi are. Not to mention all the parents who send their fucking toddlers off to the highly visible and well known academy. Fuck they probably had Jedi trading cards. Girls probably had fuckable Jedi on posters on their bedroom walls.

Just admit that no two of these trilogies will mesh together very well and make sense w/o some serious retconning and you'll all be a lot happier when you inevitably spend your shekels to go see it anyway.
>>
This movie is going to suck. Really, that's all that needs to be said.

And we all know it.
>>
>>63456060
I guess in the same way that people today don't know about nor care about certain events that happened 20 years ago.
>>
>>63456469
I hope to god you're baiting.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.