[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I watched the fight scene from this movie. Pretty fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: gooseisloose.jpg (203 KB, 618x463) Image search: [Google]
gooseisloose.jpg
203 KB, 618x463
So I watched the fight scene from this movie. Pretty fucking based desu. Everything else I've seen looks like Refn hamming in a metaphor at every fucking turn.

So /tv/ does this deserve a watch?
>>
You've already watched the one good scene. Give it a miss.
>>
>>63455763
It's garbage. Watch any other Refn film instead.
>>
>>63455763

Lighting and environment is GOAT. Honestly the red lights and parlors are /comfy/ beyond belief.
>>
JUST FUCKING WATCH IT THEN
>>
>>63455763
>hamming in a metaphor at every fucking turn.

Nope, Refn had literally no idea what he was doing. It's like a stream consciousness, it doesn't make sense. I think it was pretty great. Too bad I couldn't catch it on a big scree.
>>
>momma Billy raped and killed a 14 year old girl
>I'm sure he had his reasons. Now sit.

Amazing acting from Kristin Scott Thomas, and from everybody else really. I'm a huge Drive and Refn but I wouldn't rewatch Drive anytime soon but rather OGF. Probably because I've seen Drive about 6 times already?
>>
>>63455908
>tfw saw it at the cinema
>bought the blu-ray
>know it's utter nonsensical trash but don't care
>>
File: 1374600110338.jpg (169 KB, 1290x700) Image search: [Google]
1374600110338.jpg
169 KB, 1290x700
The music and atmosphere is great, but it's not that great. I got to say, in regards to the sets, particularly inside the clubs and karaoke studio, were great but Refn has disowned the film (just watch the doc his wife made about him and OGF
>>
File: Ryan-Gosling-in-Only-God-010.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Ryan-Gosling-in-Only-God-010.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>63456036
>utter nonsensical trash

Beg to differ. It elicited a lot of odd emotions in me. I'm a beta faggot with inferiority complexes and mommy issues, but I felt that at times the imagery of the movie was so powerful it affected me like a religious experience.
>>
>>63455763
the only thing i could enjoy about this movie was the aesthetic of it.
>>
The fight scene is literally the worst part of the movie.
>>
>all these replies saying its bad

Stick to drive, redditors.
>>
Refn himself said it was trash and that he waster his time.
>>
Loved it. Way better than drive. So was Valhalla rising.
>>
>>63455908
I saw it in theatres and was blown away, but I wonder how I would feel about it if I had watched it on my monitor.
>>
Im waiting for Gosling/RC combo
>>
based movie, ignore all this plebs
>>
>>63458129
Redditors love Refn, though.

Also, the fight scene in OGF is terrible.
>>
File: only_god_forgives_ver2_xlg.jpg (421 KB, 1102x1500) Image search: [Google]
only_god_forgives_ver2_xlg.jpg
421 KB, 1102x1500
>you will never watch Only God Forgives for the first time again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvpreSkR4U
>>
>>63459868
>>63456819

It could have been 20x technically better obviously. Wouldn't have mattered if he was Bruce fucking Lee, he was fighting God. Thought the score, cinematography, intro scene were all spot on for it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.