[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ like John Oliver?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (353 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353 KB, 750x500
Does /tv/ like John Oliver?
>>
>>63455300
COME
>>
>>63455312
INSIDE
>>
>>63455300
No they hate him for being an SJW
>>
>mfw someone tries to convince me it is not the current year.
>>
Why did the old thread got deleted?
>>
>>63455344
DEAR
>>
>>63455300
Well its 2015
>>
>>63455300
IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
SHOO
>>
>>63455347
No, I hate him for being a whiny white faggot pussy.
>>
.........Y
CURRENT
.........A
.........R
>>
>>63455300
about as much as I like ball pain
>>
File: uhoh.png (95 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
uhoh.png
95 KB, 241x228
>>63455466
>I like ball pain
>>
>>63455300
IT'S 2015!!! C'MON AND LAST YEAR WAS 2014, AND NEXT IS 2016!!!
>>
He'll be irrelevant once 2015 ends.
>>
>>63455521
ITS THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>63455300
I guess, I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean people do or can change over time but some shit just seems oddly convenient. And that's him and this show and Colbert on Late Night I think they're in a position where they mainly are trying to keep there jobs and that leads to making sure they don't rock the boat. I could just be making excuses for them though.
>>
>>63455300
I'm indifferent at this point. When he got his own show last year I actually started to like him as he actually followed the premise and talked about wacky news that happened around the world that week.

This season's been boring and no longer focuses on weekly news, but promoting a random cause every week. He's taken it even farther by trying to be relevant himself in each story by putting up billboards or buying TV time on 3rd world country stations. Memes aside the format's no longer interesting to me, and as such my interest in him has waned.

If he ever drops the format change and returns to focusing on weekly news stories I'll probably go back to paying attention, but I don't see that happening with the budget HBO's throwing at him to construct his own soap boxes. Such a shame too considering how much there is to talk about every week in the news these days on a global scale.
>>
>JANICE FROM ACCOUNTING DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!
>>
Enjoying John Oliver is like a wombat name Lyle going ice skating. It just doesn't make sense! You can't even properly pivot Lyle! That is a substandard pivot!
>>
>>63455300
Of course I do, it's 2015.
>>
File: John-Oliver-Getty-640x480.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
John-Oliver-Getty-640x480.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>LAUGH AT ME WHILE I SQUEAL OUT MY HILARIOUS REFERENCES AT YOU

fuck this guy seriously.
>>
>>63455300
I like him when he was hosting the Daily Show. I don't mind how he does covering stories on his new show. But as a comedian, he got worse, since his comedy now consists almost entirely of really dumb analogies followed by shouting at a picture on screen a few times.

>>63456066
Like this.
>>
At first I thought his whole SJW thing was just a meme but then I saw the video where he shows a disabled Syrian girl being interviewed and he says something along the lines of 'How could you not want these people coming to your country' as if they were all naive defenceless little kids
>>
File: 1447276288367.png (117 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1447276288367.png
117 KB, 763x652
>>63455300
>>
>>63456570
He actually implied that it should be up to the governments taking in the "refugees" to pay to build them mosques.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.