[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love you /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: yRuNE61.jpg (44 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
yRuNE61.jpg
44 KB, 600x350
Unfortunately for this board I am not a memer so I'll get to the point (though a bit long). Thank god that /tv/ is filled with people who share some kind of pessimism and remain critical of most things discussed. People here have a feeling of superiority over normal movie go-ers and even acclaimed film critics and film makers which makes discussion more open, more or less. Of course it is filled with fan-boy ism, memes and bane posting, but at least everyone gets a voice to hate or love. I want to write this because I had a discussion today with my fellow university physics classmates, self acclaimed patricians like us all, on the topic of Nolan's Interstellar.

Here is the thing, Interstellar, I felt, is one of the bad films to reach cinema, especially by one so famous like Nolan. It has changed people's view of cinema for those who are not film go-ers or interested in the art of film. He attracts a lot of people who were amazed by what they saw and just rave publicly. This film is bad in almost all facets. Bad story through out (read what people have written regarding only that part, not the movie review), cheesy dialogue, bad acting and was a expository filled film. There was no heart in the movie.

This really caught my attention when I watched Interstellar for the 4th time after re watching dog day afternoon and godfather 2 the day before. Though they are not science fiction, there was grandeur approach to godfather 2 I felt comparable in that sense to Interstellar and Interstellar was just plain bad. Ranked 29th in the greatest film to ever reach cinema by imdb (if anyone here even takes that seriously) the movie is JUST. I was just crucified and ridiculed by my friends when I stated the flaws of Interstellar and it makes me sad and hopefully one day good films will be appreciated (though subjective, but at least by being a knowledgeable critic) in the future for the sake of progress.
>>
did u really write all that shit im not going to read?
>>
>watching a 'bad' film 4 times
>>
>implying im gonna read all that
>>
>>63454875
>>63454918
You guys just proved the point of my post in a good way.
>>
>>63454994
Your friends are patricians compared to you. Thinking /tv/ is good for anything besides baneposting is the plebbiest thing I've ever heard.
>>
File: ben[1].jpg (23 KB, 839x361) Image search: [Google]
ben[1].jpg
23 KB, 839x361
>Luke did i ever tell you about Anon? He used to write lenghty post almost no one ever read, feeling strange sense of acomplishment. Spending time with his colleagues on the holonet was about the only thing that made him really smile. He was a good friend.
>>
>>63454847
you got downvoted on reddit and came here for approval ?
>>
>>63455120
Does Ben even say "Luke, did I ever tell you..." in the OT? I thought he just met Luke. So that would be pretty senile of him, to launch into a story like they had known each other and swapped stories for some time.
>>
>>63455221
holy fuck. go to bed.
>>
>>63454847
> my fellow university physics classmates
There is your problem. STEMbots are the opposite of patrician no matter what they 'self proclaim'-- at the core, they are reddit-tier autists who will unironically enjoy shit like The Martian and Ready Player One.
t. /lit/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.