[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here enjoyed Harry Potter as a child? Who is your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Anyone here enjoyed Harry Potter as a child? Who is your favorite girl from them? Your favorite guy?

I always liked Hermione, mcgonagall and pic related.

I
>>
HP character rankings

God tier:
Mcgonagall
Hagrid
Luna
Lupin
The twins
Snape

Great tier:
Hermione
Bellatrix
Sirius
Neville
Dumbledore

Good tier:
Arthur
Voldemort
Trelawney

Ok tier:
Harry
Draco
Most of the other students
Voldemort's other minions
Most of the other staff

Shit tier:
Percy
Ginny
Ron
Cho Chang
>>
Are there seriously people on this board who were children when any of the Harry Potter films came out?
>>
>>63451558
First HP movie came out 15 years ago, people who were 3 at the time can legally post here anon.
>>
>>63451558
More mentally than physically, yeah.
>>
>>63451558
First one came out when I was seven anon.
>>
>>63450988
Sirius Black was cast wrong Viggo Mortensen is a much better fit than Gary Oldman.
Oldman could have made a better Lupin though.
>>
>>63451558
Humans keep having new generations of children that keep growing up. Imagine that.
>>
File: le rank.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2883) Image search: [Google]
le rank.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2883
When I think about it, Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects?all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>But at least the books are ggood though!
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>63451558
10 when the first came out, yeah.

How fucking old are you?
>>
>>63451665
Pasta/10
Atleast post the one with the updated chart
>>
>>63451665
The fact that some people post that picture unironically is hilarious.
>>
To be honest as someone who read the book as a child I found the world building and action to be pretty boring. Rowling had some interesting ideas but quite a lot of them just kind of fall flat. Also wand action sequences was probably one of the worst idea ever.

The strength in the books is in the humor and in her ability to write interesting characters with fun to read interactions.
>>
>harry potter
>as a child

Harry Potter came out during high school, though.
>>
>>63451558
when will this meme evolve into 'there are people under 30 on this board, attachment: angryredfrog.jpg'
>>
Luna best girl
>>
>>63451649
i was happy with the original casting but that would also have been great
>>
>>63451665
>middle tier
>Ulysses
That is beyond shit tier.
>>
I remember when my schoolmates thought Harry and Hermione would get together instead of Ron and Hermione. Why are shippers so fucking retarded?
>>
>>63451649
this.
>>
>>63452274
Because it makes more sense, plus hermione is cuter than ginny (and I'm into gingers and all that)
>>
>>63452489
It might have had more chemistry but by the sixth book Rowling had all but stated that she was going to end up with Ron. However autistic shippers still thought she would end up with Harry.
>>
>>63451522

>ron
>shit tier

get out
>>
It holds up pretty well. Shame about the movies.

Also DH>OotP>GoF>PoA>HBP>CoS>PS

Or HBP and then PoA. Also the first three is more or less equal to me. This series is incredibly hard to rate. It's hard to even compare the first one with the last.
>>
I was eight years old when the Philosophers stone came out. I am 21 now.
>>
>>63450988
>Anyone here enjoyed Harry Potter as a child

Do you think this is fucking reddit?

>DAE LE THIS GEM XD

No only you liked Harry Pooter you fucking 90s kid
>>
>>63451522
>snape
>god tier

You win
>>
>as a child

I enjoyed Harry Potter as an adult and still do.
>>
>>63450988
PoA > PS = CoS = OotF> DH > HBP > GoF
>>
I think it may be the only modern YA fantasy novel that's going to be remembered as a classic. Of course it was written before it was a thing so I see some connection with more adult fantasy.
It just works. Except for quidditch. And I'm not mad that the universe will be explored further. It was quite limiting to follow only Harry who doesn't know shit about magical world and spends most of the year in one place. The lore is deep. Tolkien did the same with his letters.
>>
Snaep was a good friend.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.