[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAD MAX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Mad-Max-Fury-8.jpg (178 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max-Fury-8.jpg
178 KB, 1200x800
What is the best and worst of the mad max movies?
For me its
Road Warrior >= Fury Road > Mad Max > Beyond Thunderdome
Agree?
Disagree?
Discuss
>>
Mad Max is my favorite due to how comfy it is. I also enjoy the bizarre atmosphere it has, it's not over the top like the sequels but there's something off about everything.

It's also astoundingly well made considering it's budget. Compare it to any other 70's exploitation flick and it's made and edited like a blockbuster in comparison.
>>
Mad Max = Road Warrior < Fury Road < Thunderdome

in as far as a movie that isn't about Mad Max and which gives Mad Max very little agency in how the story unfolds is a Mad Max film
>>
File: 1440451114865.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1197) Image search: [Google]
1440451114865.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1197
>>63450574
MMFF > Mad Max > RW > Thunderdome
>>
>>63450767
Why the fuck did they have to ruin it with the meme saturation? If Miller had any balls this would have been released in black and white with zero concessions made to the feminists.
>>
Mad Max > Fury Road = Road Warrior >>> Thunderdome
>>
>>63450797
They were actually going to release the black and white version (with its own orchestra score) with the blu ray but cancelled it for some reason.
>>
>>63450574
I agree with OP, I give Road Warrior the edge

I love Fury Road, but I prefer the grit and semi-realism of Road Warrior. Fury Road looks like a cartoon. Road Warrior is also up there with Terminator, Aliens, and Die Hard as being one of the most influential action movies of all time that still is influencing pop culture to this day
>>
>>63450797
That ship has sailed.

Since the dawn of the mass production of the pill.
>>
>>63450837
Oh. I was wondering what happened to that.
>>
>>63450574
I don't care which one is on, I'll watch it, except Thunderdome.
>>
I'm glad we all agree thunderdome was garbage
>>
>>63451349
Agreed. Movie was named after a ten minute fight with a retard, then moves on to a bunch of whiny kids with no cars.
>>
>>63450574
Mad Max > the rest

Stop being 14
>>
>>63450574
The first Mad Max was shit. 2 was good, Fury Road was great. Haven't seen 3.
>>
Fury Road is too popular, its shit
>>
>>63450574
Mad Max > Fury Road > THe Road Warrior > Beyond THunderdome
>>
>>63451500
>I don't understand what the term "Beyond" means

Speaking of retards...
>>
>>63450682
I liked the atmosphere of Mad Max, but the pacing is absolutely terrible. 2 is much better in that respect.
>>
>>63452472
After about the third rewatch, the pacing stopped bothering me. I just roll with the flow.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.