[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the characters escape the Death Star and Leia says she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 5733-30906-0.jpg (44 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
5733-30906-0.jpg
44 KB, 320x240
So the characters escape the Death Star and Leia says she's certain they're being tracked. They go to Yavin to view the obtained Death Star plans, to see if it has any weakness. But what if they don't find any weakness... They have just revealed the location of the Rebels to the Empire. Why would she take that chance?
>>
>>63450026
Why didn't they just fly the eagles to the Death Star?
>>
>>63450026
It was a small base, only like 20 fighters. It's loss could be absorbed to save the whole.
>>
>>63450026
They had to take the risk because otherwise they'd never destroy the death star which could easily mean the end of the rebellion anyway
>>
>>63450026
Because they had nothing to lost. With no weakness Deathstar Rebels would never win with empire, they wanted to die if they had no chances to win
>>
>>63450026
Why couldn't they just have R2 convert the plans to a PDF file and e-mail them to the base?
>>
>>63450192
Empire shut down the internet
That's why they were evil
>>
>>63450059
this should be a new film term. "fly the eagles" approach points out major plot hole that would have let the good guys win instantly or let the bad guys win instantly
>>
>>63450277
The eagles in LotR weren't a plot hole though.
>>
>>63450026
>rebels know the location of their secret base is compromised
>they don't flee immediately
>launch a counter attack instead and risk getting blowed up
why
>>
>>63450494
Because it might be their only chance to take out the Death Star. If they waited too long it would've fixed the weaknesses and they wouldn't have a chance of destroying it, ever.
>>
>>63450192

BECAUSE SPACE FANTASY IN THE FUTURE OF SPAAAAAAAAAAACE
>>
>>63450101
If it wasn't that important, why didn't she just reveal where it was rather than keep tight lipped while they threatened to blow up Alderaan?
>>
>>63450639
they only need the pilots for that. they don't need to stick around
>>
>>63450722
this. if she was willing to lie about the base being on dantooine and basically bargaining with the lives of millions if they don't believe her than the base on yavin MUST have been important.
>>
>>63450277
You mean a deus ex machina?
>>
>>63451971
fuck you faggot. for real. you keep acting youch nonline, behind that "COMPUTER" screen, but are you gonna fight me though? i didn't think so. you make me so fucking mad you motherfucker. if i ever saw you outside of the "COMPUTER" i would destroy you with my barn hands. i would eat you raw like a spring. i would fuck you with my dust. i would make you the shit of the earth. i would take you to the greeting. i would fuck your shit and. i would fucking destroy your, kids. Get fucking dead bro.
>>
File: 1433904385341.png (355 KB, 541x441) Image search: [Google]
1433904385341.png
355 KB, 541x441
>>63451982
>i would fuck you with my dust
>>
>>63450192

Because the idea that you could do something like that was pretty alien in the '70s.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.