[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your opinion of Futurama?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Whats your opinion of Futurama?
>>
>>63449850
Reddit-tier garbage. If you like it, kill yourself.
>>
>>63449850
funny as fuck, oddly enough the series started when the simpsons got shitty
i guess they transferred all the good writers
>>
>>63449885
really, you think so? I think it's genuinely good. The characters have nice depth and its pretty clever.
>>
>>63449850
It died when it got cancelled the first time.
>>
From the beginning up through Devils Hands Are Idle Playthings is great. Rivals classic era Simpsons

Between that and Into The Wild Green Yonder is still pretty good

Everything after when Comedy Central picked it up is pretty hit or miss, the style of humor is noticeably different, bad episodes littered throughout, culminating with the mediocre series finale named Meanwhile

It will probably get revived again within the next 5-10 years
>>
Something went wrong, not sure what, but it never should have
>>
>>63449850
DESTINY HAS CHEATED ME BY
FORCING ME TO DECIDE UPON
THE WOMAN THAT I IDOLIZE
OR THE HANDS OF AN AUTOMATON

WITHOUT THESE HANDS I CAN'T COMPLETE
THE OPERA THAT WAS CAPTIVATING HER
BUT IF I KEEP THEM AND SHE MARRIES HIM
THEN HE PROBABLY WON'T WANT ME DATING HER
>>
>>63449885
I really wish people who post this shit would just stay on reddit. You know people that only come to 4chan don't say this--we wouldn't even know about redditors had you freaks not come here.
>>
>>63450232
It started making jokes referencing modern times without any reason for the character to do so.

Like the time where Zapp made a joke about CSI.

Even when the characters weren't making modern references, the show did anyways.
Like the Apple parody or the god awful Susan Boyle episode.

They dropped the future schtick too often and just made lazy contemporary jokes
>>
>>63450232
They brought it back after it was canceled, devils hands is the peak of Futurama and was a perfect series finale, the story was over
>>
Up to cancellation is perfect
Movies are pretty good
Comedy Central episodes range between bad and mediocre.
The main problem with the Comedy Central episodes is how everyone praised episodes like Jurassic Bark and Luck of the Fryish so they kept trying to make "feels" episodes.
>>
First 4 seasons are excellent and on a par with Seinfeld and any other truly excellent sitcom.

Everything after was a mistake and I stopped myself before it ended up like The Simpsons where I can't watch any of it anymore, not even the really good stuff.
>>
File: 191380.jpg (641 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
191380.jpg
641 KB, 1920x1200
>>63450379
>>63450313
>>63450193

yeah, I agree with this completely
>>
File: Zapp_711276_4575301.jpg (17 KB, 603x185) Image search: [Google]
Zapp_711276_4575301.jpg
17 KB, 603x185
>my god, we're defenseless! like fish in a barrel!
>options?
>my instinct is to hide in this barrel, like the wily fish
>>
>>63450313
>It started making jokes referencing modern times without any reason for the character to do so.

What's strange about this is that they dropped the whole fish-out-of-water premise. In a lot of the later episodes it's like the show wasn't even set in the future any more.

Did they do a single joke about something that happened (in real life) AFTER Fry travelled to the future in 2000? That seems obvious. Professor Farnsworth talks about 9/11 and Fry has no clue, something like that.
>>
>>63449850
Was really good, but got too reddit/SJW in the end.
>>
>>63450379
Some of the Comedy Central feel episodes aren't too bad. The one where Fry meets his mom again in the dream or simulation or whatever before realizing she's actually dead and gone is pretty sad
>>
>>63449850
Some episodes are awesome and others pretty shit.
>>
There were some good Comedy Central episodes.

The Late Philip J. Fry was one of the best of the entire series, and the finale was pretty good too.

Definitely more hit-or-miss, way more fanservice, meme jokes, and bad pop culture gags, but it wasn't as bad as Zombie Simpsons.
>>
>>63449850
The neutral guys always kill me.

"If I don't make it, tell my wife I said... hello."
>>
>>63450591
>he Late Philip J. Fry was one of the best of the entire series
This is the only episode post-cancellation that I really liked.

Even if the ending was super sappy
>>
>>63450591
Law and Oracle is in my top 5
>>
Does anyone else find Season One difficult to watch now? The show definitely took a while to find its footing (and for the actors to perfect the voices), but it doesn't have the charm of first season Simpsons. Episodes like "The Series Has Landed" are just dull and not very funny.
>>
>>63450657
We landed on the m-
>>
>>63450657
Bender's early voice was pretty bad, but I did like the first episode.
>>
fuck futurama, they hired that dildo who fucked over ren and stimpy

also, the simpsons is shit
>>
>>63451347
billy west, that's the dildo's name
>>
>>63449885
>>63450306
What would you say if their was no Reddit?
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>63451455
Bumping to keep you mad
>>
>>63451420
Literally Fark-tier YTMND garbage ripped off by Something Awful and reposted on eBaum's World.
>>
>Jamaican? I thought you were some kinda outer-space potato man.
>>
Is there anything comfier than S1-4 with commentaries?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.