[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is Stanley Kubrick's best movie. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: ground control to major buzz.jpg (48 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ground control to major buzz.jpg
48 KB, 480x360
This is Stanley Kubrick's best movie. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 1260x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336 KB, 1260x900
>>
>>63448821
Barry Lyndon was better.
>>
despite popular belief that the moonlanding was faked as a way for the US to look better than the sovjets, buzz aldrin and lance armstrong actually went to the moon.
>>
>>63448994
In a tinfoil module that was held together with gaffer tape and toilet troll tubes no less.
>>
>make a sci fi movie so realistic it changes the way of science and human evolution
>forced under threat of execution by the CIA to keep it a secret because "it actually happened"
well, i guess we know why he died now
>>
>>63448821
Prove me right, first
>>
>>63449192
No other Kubrick movie changed society as much as "The Moon Landing (1969)".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMINSD7MmT4

You know when you watch news footage when they talk to people who's very far away, theres always a silent gap between the question and the answer.

How come the response from the austronauts are almost instant, when they're on the fucking moon with 60's technology?
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 201x251
Did Tarkansky directed The Journey Into Outer Space.1961.WEBrip.x264.DTS?
>>
We have plans to fly humans to Mars if we wanted, you don't think we can send a guy to the moon?

Do autistis really believe that the moon landing is fake?
>>
>>63449551
Radio waves travel as fast as the light. They're not using a phone.
>>
>>63449782
No human will ever go to Mars, and if they do, it'll also be faked.
>>
>>63449551

light speed hasnt got faster since the 1960s, plebwit.
>>
>>63449782

you know how when a rocket takes off from Earth its a massive fireball and takes tons of rocket fuel?

well the gravity on the Moon is one tenth of that of Earth, so surely it would take one tenth of the rocket fuel right?

apparently you can take off from the Moon using a light breeze.

heres the proof:

https://youtu.be/BMBcLg0DkLA
>>
>>63448858
You can't translate that perfect prose into visuals.
>>
Full Metal Jacket is my favorite kubrick film
>>
>>63450422
>I know nothing about the rocket equation
>I know nothing about atmospheric drag
>I know nothing about orbital mechanics

At least you posted a YouTube video
>>
>>63448821
why was the spaceship not more cool looking? what about like, space winds and shit, man? that thing didn't look very solid! And the moon looks brighter when I look at it, why wasn't it bright, man!? fucking bullshit maaaaaan!
>>
>>63450222
you mean the human perception of what we call the speed of light
>>
>>63448994
Yeah but what was up there was so horrifying that it couldn't be shown to the public

That's where Kubrick came in
>>
>>63449034

>implying gaffer tape isn't as stable as welded steel in a vacuum
>>
>>63448821
>not believing that nazis took americans to the moon

I hate this meme
>>
>>63448821

lolno, could listen to this forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loUDS4c3Cs
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.