[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Operas were never, ever good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: buck-rogers-011.jpg (295 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
buck-rogers-011.jpg
295 KB, 1440x900
Space Operas were never, ever good.
>>
That's not entirely wrong, but not completely true either.
It's still the most photogenic sci-fi.
Which in the end is why sci-fi will always be better written than on film.
>>
What do you mean by 'Space Opera'? What is your definition?
>>
>>63447683
A fantasy set in a space with some sci-fi elements.
>>
operas have singing
>>
>>63447546
This is true
Name one hard sci fi film or show that's actually good if they even made one yet
>>
>>63447789
Heavy Metal.
>>
>>63447789
Also the Dune mini series was great. Certainly not as good as the book but as faithful as they could get on that budget.
>>
>>63447492
They were, you are just not part of that generation. They told stories of adventure and action in space. A place we knew almost nothing about that the time. So I think the creativity and daring to make these stories is one of the few jewels in the crown of Hollywood
>>
>>63447789
The Expanse. Cap it if you must. That show is gonna be great.
>>
>>63447726
checkmate
>>
>>63447895
That's a pretty blatant assumption.

Also
>They aren't shit because 30-40 years ago they were good
>>
>>63447843
>Dune
>hard scifi
please, go read joe Haldeman you pleb
>>
>>63447990
Fuck you. If Dune isn't hard sci fi your definition is clearly fringe.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.