[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it ever be resurrected? Or will we have to settle for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Will it ever be resurrected? Or will we have to settle for a shitty american re-make
>>
We're over a year out from the last season, each passing day gets worse but I'm still holding out hope. Fuck the remake, I'm glad it fell apart. In an ideal world HBO would get their heads out of their asses and just air the first two seasons and keep it going or produce a wrap up.
>>
>>63445206
>In an ideal world HBO would get their heads out of their asses and just air the first two seasons and keep it going or produce a wrap up.

They wouldn't own it therefore there's no reason to do it. That's remakes exist, so they can do whatever they want to it and not be shackled to a preexisting set-up(Aside from the premise).

And I'm pretty tired of this "durr it's a remake so it's gonna be shit" Fuck off plenty of remakes are good.
>>
>>63445307
>And I'm pretty tired of this "durr it's a remake so it's gonna be shit" Fuck off plenty of remakes are good.

But this show is already good. I won't get any better. A remake would be mediocre at best.
>>
>>63445307
When did I say remakes are always bad? We already have two seasons in English of a perfectly made show and it would be a tragedy if we never got any more because HBO wanted to maximize their profit margin.
>>
>>63445034
The show already turned to total shit in series 2. There was literally no way for the remake to be worse.
>>
>>63445512
So wrong, I still can't believe how often I see this
>>
remake?? oh no, the original version, is a masterpiece.
>>
it was my favorite series of all time and i loved everything about it, from the soundtrack till jessica hyde and her whole weird sensuality.
i almost fell in depression when i heard it would never end.
>>
The second season was a fucking shitshow, so with any luck it will never be resurrected.
>>
>>63445897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M
>>
>>63445512
I agree, second series really fucked up. Hell, even the season 1 finale fucked up. The comic? Yeah, it's not really all that important, let's just burn it up in a trashcan. THE REAL ANSWER IS HIDDEN IN UR BLOOD.

And S02E01 - the prequel episode... Secret lab where the supposedly did the worst kind of ungodly things? Nah, it's just a room with guys in labcoats. But they have microscopes! So evil...

In the end, the monstrosities in the comic we saw briefly just turned out to be just a crazy old man's exaggerations. Not really stuff of the nightmares. I mean, in the flashback episode the guy killed a bunny rabbit with a knife, and solved some equations, maybe took a little peek in the microscope. Such a monster from the worst nightmares!!
>>
>>63446674
I admit the hellscape that the comic created made for some intriguing speculation, but if you can't see the point of reducing the spectacular conspiracy to the somewhat mundane actions of individuals then you really are missing the point of the show.
>>
what is this shit
>>
>>63447045
A tv show
>>
>>63446764
>>63446764
Yeah, but the show had much more of those "what we told you was really isn't".
In one of the last episodes of the second season they changed what Janus does (and who it affects) like 3 times in the course of the single episode.

The vaccine works only on Romani people? Good plan that, Romani people are very famous for being totally rushing to hospitals every flu season, because they're so well integrated with the rest of the society.

You're quite possibly right that I misunderstand. Could you spend a minute explaining what I missed? I'm not trolling, maybe I'm just blind.
>>
the clapistan version got cancelled http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/utopia/36390/confirmed-david-fincher-s-hbo-utopia-remake-cancelled
>>
Series 2 was shit
That cliffhanger ruined any respect I had for that show
it should stay cancelled
>>
>>63447119
I'm happy to rap about Utopia, I'll try and keep it short. At first, like you, I thought that the only legitimate complaint that you could lobby against the show was that the second season and in particular the flashback destroyed all of the grand mystery surrounding the Network and reduced it to the machinations of a few people. But then I thought about it within the context of the broader show and its themes, and I realized it fits perfectly. Utopia is about the war between good and evil that occurs in everyone's minds, and the consequences of that war spilling out of the mind of the individual and effecting the outside world. It's also about the practically limitless potential for change that we all share. An individual can go from a basement dweller to the leader of a global murderous cabal, or from being a soulless irredeemable monster to being a loving family man. A few individual minds are powerful enough to create and realize the notion to sterilize the entire human race.

As for the virus only working on the Romani people, it ties back into the ideas of good vs. evil in the individual. Carville was a cruel, uncaring monster, a man who could rationalize the worst crimes imaginable for "the greater good". But even he could not escape or compartmentalize the feelings that his love of Jessica created inside of him, and was compelled to save her above everything else.
>>
File: amerekins.jpg (49 KB, 505x533) Image search: [Google]
amerekins.jpg
49 KB, 505x533
>i think the second series was bad
>>
>>63447170
One of the best, most fully realized twists of all time culminating in one of the most heart-wrenching cliffhangers imaginable made you lose respect for the show?
>>
Just watch season one.

Then watch episode one of season two as an epilogue.
>>
>>63447883
Nope. Don't do this
>>
>>63446674
nigga what
S02E01 was the best episode of the entire series. And I mean that when you consider the previous season built up to it.
>>
>>63447140

>/tv/
>following television and film news

ayy
>>
>>63447716
I guess it makes sense, but I think that those ideas could be presented much better than they were, and with less inconsistencies.

This just popped in my mind: in the end of S01 iirc they have shown a photo of The Network key people in a meeting sitting behind a big table in a room that most definitely did not seam like a garage turned into lab. I looked wealthy and massive, total opposite of what was shown in s02e01.

I hope I'm not misremembering that.

Anyways, thanks for typing that, I'll think about it for a bit. not sure if it'll change my opinion of the show.
>>
>>63448522
Although they were a few individuals, they had to infiltrate the highest echelons of governments and corporations to pull it off. Despite being the brainchild of a few people the conspiracy was large, we just never saw the full extent of it.
>>
>>63448717
Yes, the show ran with only two people. Mr. Rabbit, and her friend, the Assistant who carved the symbol on his stomach.
>>
>>63448023
This. The retro episode was insanely good and is a prime example of what the show was capable of. I however also agree that killing off the comic as completely irrelevant at the end of s1 was kinda stupid.
>>
>>63448904
There were way more than those three
>>
>>63448992
The comic isn't completely irrelevant to season 2 though.
>>
>>63445307
just like the office, inbetweeners, peep show, dad's army, fawlty towers, IT crowd, one foot in the grave, on the buses, outnumbered, porridge, red dwarf, steptoe and son, the thick of it and many, many more.

right?
>>
I miss it because I enjoyed it but mainly because of its great score.

Seriously one of the most unique ones I have heard in a while for tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O8hd0S-K8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3EfKSWURA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53F5llZeae4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jwnUmQkQ4U
>>
>>63447916
Suck a dick. Do this.
>>
>>63449208
Its fucking fantastic. I really hope cristobal Tapia de Veer makes more music
>>
>>63449208
The season 2 soundtrack is straight up one of the best albums of last year. Utopia is one of the only shows you could watch with either your eyes closed or ears covered and still have it be a worthwhile experience,
>>
One more thing came to mind.

In the first episode they said that the Utopia Volume 1 comic exists and it's published. But they didn't spend time showing us what's inside and what it tells us.

The show then switches to "there's a second volume" and everything focuses on it, and volume one is never mentioned again.

Did I misremember this?
>>
Is Dara O'briain the real Mr Rabbit?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.