[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom and gloom apocalypse movies please. With all the political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: threads.jpg (376 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
threads.jpg
376 KB, 1280x720
Doom and gloom apocalypse movies please.

With all the political tension, cultural collapse, antibiotic failure and poverty, I'm in the mood for movies that deal with the worst scenarios.
>>
>>63444779
Contagion
>>
The Road
>>
Werckmeister Harmonies
>>
why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>63445065
>not going balls deep and telling him to watch Satantango
anything by Bela Tarr desu
>>
>>63444779
Dead man's letters.
>>
Threads
>>
i didnt find threads that disturbing or horrifying tbchwyf
>>
>>63444779
threads was good, watched it the other day .. definitely didn't sugar coat shit! makes nuclear war look exactly as bad as it sounds.
>>
Real Life 2015
>>
>>63444779
When The Wind Blows
>>
>>63444779
The still from the movie you posted, Threads (1984), is one the best examples of apocalypse films I've ever seen. The Day After (1983), is a similar movie but much more Hollywoodesque in it's overall tone. I recently saw two films on this subject, Testament (1984) and Damnation Alley (1977). Testament is essentially water downed version of Threads with a young Kevin Costner. Damnation Alley is almost like a pseudo predecessor to Mad Max, cheesy but I found it watchable.
>>
Boy and his Dog
>>
Brazil
>>
The Road (2009)
>>
>>63444779
On the beach(1959) Is pretty good.
A bunch of people in Australia wait for the fallout to reach them after Russia and the US go at it.
>>
>>63448826
He said movie not a real apocalypse country
>>
>>63444779
A Boy and his dog
Last man on earth
Omega man
Cherry 2000
>>
File: 2003 time of the wolf.jpg (78 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
2003 time of the wolf.jpg
78 KB, 400x533
>>
>>63444779
Rover
>>
>>63447085
Good taste detected
>>
Fail Safe.
>>
I will bump this now family
>>
bump 4 interest
>>
>>63444779
The quiet earth
The stand
The langoliers
Day of the triffids
War of the worlds (Both versions)
The Mist

The Midnight Sun (Amazing outer limits episode)
>>
>>63452267
I mean twilight zone
>>
>>63444779
Threads was one of the only movies to ever give me nightmares. The idea of all that happening (and the fact that it -did-) fucking terrifies me
>>
>>63452324
Me too, the feeling of dread lingered with me for days.
>>
Game of Thrones
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.