[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“Red Mars” is set to go into production next summer for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
>“Red Mars” is set to go into production next summer for a January 2017 debut.

omfg, this will be so epic!
>>
Yeah, we get it. Having any sort of expectations for a sci-fi novel adaptation is pretty dumb.
>>
>J. Michael Straczynski
Not sure if hype
>>
They better not fuck this up
>>
>commie propaganda Scifi
Fuck off
>>
>>63444860
H Y P E
>>
>>63444904
You know they will.
>>
Oh cool, what is the main conflict of the book?
>>
>>63445052
They have to science the shit out of Mars. Fuck you, Mars.
>>
>>63445080

Thats it? No "pew pew"? I imagined must be hard adapt things to cinema when it doesn't have a climax, a conflit, etc.

The premise is awesome though, I hope it all works out
>>
>>63444948
Eat shit capitalistic pig.
>>
>>63445199
They also have to hashtag bring him home.
>>
>>63444596
How does it feel to be an actual serf, OP?

Protip: they bought the rights to the Mars Trilogy based not on story, based not on timeliness or artistic potential, but based on the fact that they knew they could get some money out of you. You came with the land and the land was granted by the grace of KSR's lawyers.

Actually, at best you are a serf. In a more realistic interpretation you are chattel.

>I know that feel, OP. I know that feel.
>>
>>63445293
Quality post desu
>>
>>63445080
Fuck
Off
Back
To
Reddit
>>
File: 1386126469946.jpg (44 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
1386126469946.jpg
44 KB, 420x500
Absolute madmen, it's going to be nearly impossible to adapt to a series.
>>
>>63444596

>science fiction
>written by a woman

no thanks
>>
>>63444596
Never heard of it

Gonna take this just as a thing abut terraforming, which sounds cool

Everything else can be shit as long as they show that alright
>>
>This trilogy was way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way too long.

>I think you get the idea.

>A book exploring the colonization of Mars is interesting, but these three books were too much, and the third book was positively painful. Rather than being a page-turner, the third book was a messy lump of unformed pulp which never seemed to end. "Undigested goo" is one of the more unfriendly descriptions that came to my mind during some of the more lengthy passages.

>All the main characters were boring and drab, which probably reflects real life just a little too much for entertainment purposes. Perhaps boredom was the whole idea behind the three books, and if that was the case, it succeeded. One can possibly glean the message that even if we travel to the stars, we carry our boredom with us. By reading these books one is forced to live three hundred years, like the characters in the novel. Or at least, one is made to feel one is living that long.

>If this trilogy is some of the finest science fiction writing our world has to offer, then it doesn't make me proud to be a fan of science fiction. And it may indeed be among the finest science fiction writing.
>>
Red Mars is probably the most difficult book to do a film on, dunno how exciting scientist intrigue can get.
>>
File: 1398900781145.jpg (41 KB, 305x331) Image search: [Google]
1398900781145.jpg
41 KB, 305x331
>>63444596
>the colonists of the next century
>>
File: 1393536051018.png (82 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1393536051018.png
82 KB, 441x411
>>63447659
>Rather than being a page-turner
>>
I'm willing to be that the sequels won't be named Green and Blue Mars but Red Mars 2 and 3
or just Mars 1-3
>>
>>63444596

>IT WAS EARTH THE WHOLE TIME
>>
>SPIKE TV

D... ROPPED
>>
>>63446842
Robinson is a male, even though he's a leftist, so it's understandable to mistake him for a woman.
>>
>>63446842

What is wrong with that? Or is this just bait?

>>63447659

That's what I fear, don't get me wrong I think the premise is amazing and the actual colonization of Mars will be the most important thing ever, but in a history we need the conflict all of the time.

I didn't read the books, does it have political conflict like I dunno, House of Cards? Countries fucking one another to get more land on Mars
>>
>a woman writing science fiction

well this will be terrible.
>>
>>63444596
>omfg, this will be so epic!

srsly implying, my first thought for any book I enjoy, especially sci fi, is "o shit"

I've read this twice and I'm not looking forward to some shit fucking this up to make a buck.

So much of this is unfilmable.
>>
>>63447659
not getting the hard physics/earth science perspective of all the novels

pages & chapters devoted to rocks sint filmable, made a good book if you know who to read properly.
>>
>>63448649
fug this is true

dropped harder than noticeably visible herpes lesions
>>
>>63448748

>name is kim
>is male

no thanks
>>
>>63449082

I think it's possible but I think that it would only be really good with a darker tone, great visuals, an mostly unknown cast, and for the director to take his time with it. And no gay faggot joss whedon shit.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.