[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here seen this? Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Anyone here seen this?
Is it any good?
>>
>>63443883
Toby's lusting for that imitation game fame
>>
>>63443883

>that tagline

jesus christ
>>
>>63443883
>Biopic
No, son
>>
>>63443883
It's so funny that Bobby Fischer is proclaimed as one of the greatest living thinkers while he's winning chess for America, but as soon as he gets redpilled all of sudden he's insane. Like, he was a brilliant thinker when he was saying things we agree with but now that he's saying things we disagree with he's obviously lost his mind.
>>
>>63444178
>redpilled

cringe
>>
>>63444208
>cringe

/r/reddit
>>
File: pawn_sacrifice.jpg (204 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
pawn_sacrifice.jpg
204 KB, 960x540
REEEEEEE
>>
>>63443883
Atleast Tobey's getting good roles

gunna watch it
>>
>>63444026

>judging film by genre

back to reddit, kiddy
>>
>>63444662
>biopic
>film
reddit is that way son >>>
>>
File: bobby fischer.jpg (70 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
bobby fischer.jpg
70 KB, 850x400
>>63444178
talking against this cowards narrative >>63444208 upsets him deep in his tummy. Its not his fault entirely. Its a conditioning that he has been subjected to his whole life; informing his very concept of the world and if hes black, female or gay why would he want to believe anything of the narrative. Never mind, the fact that women, blacks and homosexuals enjoy more freedom and safety than ever before in the history of mankind because of the choices and decisions of intellectual white men that gave it do them.
>>
File: robin.png (50 KB, 264x249) Image search: [Google]
robin.png
50 KB, 264x249
Havent seen it yet but yea it`s pretty good.
>>
Has anyone who's replied so far actually seen it?

We got an early screening with my film group. Everyone loved it. It managed to make chess visually exciting. Toby plays Fischer with the kind of super-focused autistic asshole you'd expect, and really well at that. Definitely recommend checking it out.
>>
>>63443883
Bobby Fischer was a fucking boss. While in the midst of the Cold War he trounced the shit out of all the russian players. Exposed them when they cheated and more. When he came back to the states women threw their panties at him and he jetsetted around the country. He made being an intellectual cool and he was a highly sought after guest on talk shows and events circuits. He was the smartest man in any room and everyone listened to what he said...until he called into question the official claims of the Holocaust. Then overnight the tables began to turn. Media outlets began to characterize him differently. He defended himself and explained with facts and figures that point at obvious holes in the story and were never refuted.

Eventually the media stopped reporting about him altogether. He eventually left the country to escape persecution settling in Iceland and was quite vocal about the jewish banks attacks on the country of Iceland.
>>
Is this the new Spider Man film?
>>
Waiting for the torrent.
>>
>>63446086
does Leiv flip out sometime in the movie or not?

Who was the better actor?
>>
>>63446580
Aaaand it's out.
>>
>>63443883
>On the board he fought the Cold War. In his mind he fought his madness.

IMPRESSIVE
>>
>>63446601
Not really flip out from what I recall. They do give him a few scenes where's he a nutter.

Have to give it to Toby.
>>
>>63444178
He was never a great thinker, he was just masterful in chess and now he's nuts. You can find some videos and interviews, his mind is not right.
>>
Finally torrent is available.
Saw the trailer months ago and knew it's going to be an interesting movie.
Great to see Toby getting more roles.
He can act when he wants to.
>>
>>63447083
He's also dead, anon.
>>
>>63443948
Much better than taglines that are vague shitty motivational poster quips.
>>
>>63446086
Thanks. Will check out.
>>
>>63446086
Well i'm trying to Anon
Torrent is out but the speed is insanely slow.
Been waiting for this movie for months.
>>
>>63446520
>He defended himself and explained with facts and figures that point at obvious holes in the story and were never refuted.
I didn't know Fischer posted badly compressed jpegs and cherry picked graphs and figures all day :^)
>>
>>63447084
This. Toby is fun to watch.
>>
File: mindset.jpg (76 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
mindset.jpg
76 KB, 600x448
>>63448017
the entire holocaust is based on the testimony of 20 people and the "historical evidence" that people talk about (lampshades etc) is from one mans account who frequently lied.

I'd like to believe you are the elephant but im pretty sure you are the rope aren't you, schlomo
>>
>>63443883
Fischer was actually a prick in real life. If they try to portray him as a nice guy in his adulthood I probably won't watch that. Never heard of the movie, honestly.
>>
Oh wow. Didn't know Fischer was anti-Jew. I've only heard 'dickhead' and such. I think I like this guy now.
>>
lol
>he was a prick
He wouldn't be portrayed as one if he only talked shit on conservatives, Christians, and white people.
>>
>>63443883

It's not bad, but I didn't like it either. The trouble is that there appeared to have not been any kind of arc or change in Bobby's life; he had a distant relationship with his mother in his youth, he devoted himself entirely to chess in order to escape his terrible home life, and he had the paranoid schizophrenia, and that's his life. He plays chess until he beats Spatsky, but there's no kind of change or anything when that happens, Bobby just keeps living how he lived, slowly degenerating into more and more of a crazy person, so in the end I'm not sure what the story of the movie was supposed to be. You could say it's there to depict the chess match, but they hardly even get into the specifics of the actual playing of chess.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.