[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trevor Noah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
What do you think of him /tv/?
I watched a couple of his episodes ironically and sure enough, he isn't as good as Jon Stewart - but then, who is?

Anyhow, I kinda stuck with watching the Daily Show afterwards. He's mildly funny, but I really like him personality wise to be honest I developed a bit of a man-crush on him

Objectively speaking, if we accept the fact that no-one can replace Stewart, can we all agree that Trevor Noah isn't the worst thing to happen to the show? Just remember, there was a time when John Oliver was the host, and I don't think anybody on their staff was less funny and talentless. I don't know how that monkey got his own show, it'll always be a mystery to me. But anyway,

/discuss
>>
DUDE I'M BLACK LMAO
>>
No, he's not funny. The thing that made Stewart great was that he always enjoyed himself, meanwhile Trevor always puts on his fake smile of his.
>>
>>63441348
I don't think it is fake. remember, most people always criticise how he laughs at his own jokes
>>
Trevor is funny, not as funny as john.

The show has become more obviously biased though, and it's really making me want to stop watching it.

Also, Wilmore's show is totally awful and I stopped watching after like two weeks
>>
The biggest problem with noah, john oliver, or anyone besides john stewart who has sat behind that desk in the past 10 years is that they basically are just miming john.

i started watching the daily show when it was craig kilborn hosting, and during his entire run and the early part of john stewarts run it was still basically a news parody show, without so much of a political slant. eventually, john found his voice and his style, and turned the show into an obviously liberal talk box. however, agree with his politics or not, you can't deny the enormous cultural influence he managed to obtain from being the "creator" of this show, or at least that side of it.

as long as they simply bring someone in to try and be stewart 2.0, it'll never be the same. trevor might get some laughs, but unless he can step out of john's shadow somehow, he's just filling time until the next guy, or cancellation
>>
>>63442130
It took Stephen Colbert a solid half season to get good. But I see your point.

Also Kilborn was GOAT on Talk Soup.
>>
>>63441101
is this copypasta'd from reddit?
>>
I'm sick of white people on this site making threads like these. Fucking kill yourself moron.
>>
>>63441348
Stewart was fake was fuck. He did that fake laugh where he puts his fist infront of his mouth and then wen hohoho in a high pitch. His eyes never smiled.
>>
>>63442296
That's just having blue/grey eyes. They tend to appear cold and distant, even when they're smiling and laughing.

t. my best friend has gray eyes
>>
>>63442597
>regards my best friend has gray eyes

Are you role-playing as your friend?
>>
I don't like comedians that didn't grow up here yapping about america and it's social ills. talk about south africa all you want.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.