[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you watched the best show to come out in recent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 140604-keyart-2p-900.jpg (110 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
140604-keyart-2p-900.jpg
110 KB, 900x450
Why haven't you watched the best show to come out in recent years, anon?

The Leftovers thread.
>>
File: Leftovers s02e10 FANTASTIC.webm (853 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Leftovers s02e10 FANTASTIC.webm
853 KB, 1024x576
>>63440333

>his smile and optimism: even stronger
>>
That karaoke scene was GOAT. Justin Theroux really knocked this season out of the park.
>>
Why do all of the threads about this show start the same way? Start some discussion for fuck's sake, this isn't /v/.
>>
File: p.jpg (41 KB, 835x720) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
41 KB, 835x720
>>63440438
iktf
>>
The "hotel purgatory" thing fucked my brain right up
>>
Reminder that It's possible nothing supernatural happened so far.
>>
>>63441200

>what is The Departure?
>>
>>63441200
>Guy died twice and then came back to life after waking up in the afterlife hotel, pushing a little girl down a well and drowning her
>nothing supernatural
>>
>>63441239
Its the weirdest thing that happened, sure, but it can have a science fiction explanation if the writers want.
They actually nod to this during season 2, with the whole "lens" thing.
>>
There's been a lot of these threads lately
Not that I'm complaining

inb4 someone asks if they can skip s1
>>
>>63441267
Maybe he didn't come back to life, maybe he didn't die at all and just passed out both times. Maybe the "afterlife" is just some crazy delusion, I mean, he was seeing a dead person, so maybe he's just crazy.

I'm just saying that It's still ambiguous.
>>
>>63441391
He did die at least the first time tho.
>>
>>63441391
>>63441421
But yeah I see your point.
>>
Seems like this show got very popular recently.
Might give it a try.
Can I watch it backwards starting from S2 e10 ?
>>
>>63440333
That's no Fargo senpai close second though
>>
It starts off really slow and is boring as fuck first couple episodes so that's why people drop the show and don't bother giving it a chance.
>>63441445
AUTISM
>>
>>63440333
Because it's written by Lindeloff. That is all.
>>
I PROMISE I WILL NEVER DIE

THE FUCKING SHOW

TRASH AVOID AT ALL COSTS
>>
I hated the hotel reference AGAIN, I expected that Kevin died and the song was for nothing (then it would have been a good ending), but he resurrected again, and walked the whole city with a hole in his chest, np

Is 3rd season coming?
>>
I'm 4 episodes into the second season. So I won't be reading through this thread or any subsequent posts for fear of spoilers.

Actually I think I might just hide this thread once I'm done with this post.
>>
Just realized that Holy Wayne is Johnson from Peep Show. Mind blown tbqh
>>
File: 1344703740877.jpg (102 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1344703740877.jpg
102 KB, 400x388
>>63444658
Kevin is cool coke snorting, business card styling guy from American Psycho and also the director who gets keked from Mulhallond dr.
>>
>>63441391
>heart stopped then buried for eight hours and crawls out of his own grave after an earthquake
>not supernatural
>very premise is based on people disappearing for no reason
>not supernatural or AYY LMAOs
>>
guys I was thinking at the end of the series final, what if Megane was one of the good guys?
she obviously has her own agenda ("family is all that matters") and authority over enough sheeple, plus even the other 3 cult leaders seemed intimidated by her
Kevin obviously has some messiah/jesus like role, but I am not buying that Meg has to be the villain/antagonist anymore.
>>
>>63441310
Atheist pls. How can science explain John dying three times and being saved.
>>
>>63440333
the whole show pulls some of the same shit that they pulled with LOST:
- infuriating characters who make your blood boil, seriously there were times when I just wanted to stop watching during S1 with Jill/Aimee or some of the cult scenes
- leave way too much stuff open or ambivalent, even small and meaningless things like the dog showing up in Miracle during the quake; again this gets really irritating if its overdone
- some decisions the characters do seem irrational/random, which either makes you question the direction the writers are going or it will make you feel dumb because you might have missed something
- sometimes the biblical angle is real heavy, creating the impression that the whole story is more of a fairy tale than something based in reality (after an unexplainable event of biblical proportions happened)
>>
>>63445867
>family is all that matters
because that's where the trauma comes from.
She doesn't give two fucks about her minions or really anybody.

I guess she is some kind of a likeable villain in the sense that she is broken and ultimately very weak. But that kind of hatred... she's a villain alright
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.