[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Kubrick Rankings®
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Stanley-Kubrick.jpg (116 KB, 692x1000) Image search: [Google]
Stanley-Kubrick.jpg
116 KB, 692x1000
God Tier:

Eyes Wide Shut
Barry Lyndon
Dr. Strangelove
Flying Padre

High Tier:

Full Metal Jacket
Paths of Glory
The Seafarers

Mid Tier:

The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odyssey
Day of the Fight

Low Tier:

Fear and Desire

I haven't seen any others.
>>
File: 1451566457.jpg (21 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1451566457.jpg
21 KB, 250x241
>>63438088
>Mid Tier:
>The Shining
>>
>>63438088
>eye wide shut
>highest
He didn't even finish editing it
How can it be ranked so high?
>>
>>63438167
Each tier is organized by date of release in descending order.
>>
>>63438088
1. 2001 A Space Odyssey
It blew my mind. There is no other film like it. The ideas and visuals were way ahead of its time. The story that stretched from the beginning of humanity to the end with another incredible HAL9000 story within is just mind blowing.
2. The Shining
The story was surprisingly simple but still manages to keep your attention the entire time. Characters were great and the tension in certain scenes is legendary. There's also a lot of hidden items you pick up on with multiple viewings. Eagle themes, moon landing conspiracy themes etc.
3. Dr. Strangelove
Hilarious movie with great storytelling. Great dialogue but does get boring at parts. Overall a really classy film.
4. A Clockwork Orange
I really like watching alex's journey and story arc. A lot of fucked up shit that most directors would shy away from. not kubrick. I just think there was a lot of uneccessary dialogue and a few scenes could have been shorter.
5. Full Metal Jacket
A good first half with good characters. Second half is ok. Combat sort of drags and the political themes are a bit overdone and its really anticlimactic.
Havent seen the others.
>>
>>63438088
Is it a new meme to forget Lolita in these recent Kubrick rankings?
>>
File: fizzy lifting drink.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fizzy lifting drink.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>63438088
>Mid Tier:
>The Shining
>A Clockwork Orange
>2001: A Space Odyssey
>>
God of Gods tier

Shining
>>
>>63438088
>A Clockwork Orange
>not Piece of Shit tier
>>
>>63438088
God Tier:
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork Orange

High Tier:
Eyes Wide Shut
Barry Lyndon
Dr. Strangelove
>>
File: 1437944651643.png (273 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1437944651643.png
273 KB, 600x583
>>63439641
>piece of shit tier
>my favorite movie

>>63440545
Also, high tier: The Shining
>>
>>63438167
it's not a story that was going to stand or fall on the editing being personally finetuned by Kubrick. plus editors generally have advance talks where the director goes over what their thoughts are for each scene before going into the process in depth
>>
>Flying Padre
>God Tier

kek
>>
>>63438088

I've only seen these ones, I think I'm committing crimes against cinema.

Eyes Wide Shut
Barry Lyndon
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining

I'd rank the ones I've seen as follows

>God Tier

-Eyes Wide Shut
-Barry Lyndon

>Magnum Opus Tier

-2001: A Space Oddity

>Visceral Tier

-Full Metal Jacket
-The Shining
>>
>>63438088
I just got back from the kubric exhibit at the modern art museum of seoul. They had a lot of his personal journals and works on display. Would anyone be interested in his detailed maps of the full metal jacket hanaoi set and the new york street set from eyes wide shut?
>>
>only watched shining
It was ok.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.