[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke did I ever tell you about how it won't change anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1407366672430[1].jpg (36 KB, 648x471) Image search: [Google]
1407366672430[1].jpg
36 KB, 648x471
Luke did I ever tell you about how it won't change anything if you defeat Palpatine since 40 years later the Empire still exists and the Rebellion is still just a rebellion and basically nothing happened at all in those 40 years?
>>
Well, the Empire DID disband. The First Order is a new organization that emulates the Empire in aesthetic but appears to be fairly different in ideology. JJ has said up and down that Snoke and Kylo Ren are not Sith so we'll see how different they truly are.

The New Republic exists, they're just weak and incompetent and refuse to challenge the First Order. The Resistance is a splinter group that Princess Leia founded to fight the First Order behind enemy lines
>>
>>63437082

> JJ has said up and down that Snoke and Kylo Ren are not Sith so we'll see how different they truly are.
> They wear edgy black clothing and have red light sabers just like sith.
> But muh "JJ said so"

It doesn't matter if you put new words out there like "the resistance" and the "new republic" we can all see this is a rehash of ANH with no original ideas. So what the OP said is true. The rebellion was pointless.
>>
>>63437448
War, war never changes.
>>
>>63437569

Fallout withstanding, war changed from the development of iron weapons, gunpowder, handguns, automobiles, planes, nuclear weapons, etc. Its not going to change in this movie though. We aren't going to get new technologies or new concepts because that wouldn't appeal to muh nostalgia. No new original concepts in this movie.
>>
File: foryourhealth.jpg (24 KB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
foryourhealth.jpg
24 KB, 320x218
>>63437448
You do realize that the whole point of star wars is the basis of good vs evil and how thin that line can actually be. The battle of good vs. evil repeats itself an infinite amount of times. It's what creates order in the galaxy.
>>
>>63437082

>Snoke and Kylo Ren are not Sith

Sounds good. I guess they'll still want to rule the galaxy but it won't be for silly Sith ideals.
>>
>>63437660
idk one of the guys had a pretty sick cleaver and they added the newlightsaber type already. I think it will be a blend of both nostalgia and taking star wars to a darker place, yet with a backtone of hope and lust for bbc.
>>
>>63437671

Thats retarded. That is just a justification to pump out pleb tier Star Wars movies ad infinitum so Disney can make a profit.
>>
>>63437742
Not really it's just what the movie portrays. With the rule of 2 its easy to determine that the roles of good and evil are to go on infinitely.

Also why the fuck would you not want more movies? You sound like a nostalgia fag that is afraid to try something new.
>>
>>63437807

Its just the opposite. I want something that is ACTUALLY NEW. This movie is engineered to appeal the nostalgia fags by having no original concepts.

I also don't see where you get that a repeated cycle of good vs evil is what the film potrays. The notion of bringing balance to the force implies that at least something is going to change and ANH is not going to be repeated right after the prophecy is fulfilled.
>>
File: 1449206157337.jpg (853 KB, 4217x593) Image search: [Google]
1449206157337.jpg
853 KB, 4217x593
>>63437671
>>
>>63437725
I more glad the stupid prequel ideas of what a Jedi is will die.
>>
>>63437082
JJ also is a fucking liar.

"NO KHAN ISN'T IN THE MOVIE"
>>
>>63437954

Unless Yoda and Obi-Wan are still whispering in Luke's ear
>>
>>63437892
>Hasn't seen the movie yet
>trailers have made it a point to hide important shit and bank on nostalgia
>NOTHING NEW WHAAAA

Here's some original concepts we've seen in trailers, off the top of my head:

>Stormtroopers being depicted as actual people with one of them defecting from the First Order
>The Knights of Ren, a group of dark side wielders who don't have lightsabers, instead opting for swords, spears, and laser guns
>a ton of new alien species
>Dark side users who are not Sith Lords
>An Alien in charge of the Empire
>Hero worship of Darth Vader reflecting a new generation of villains to rise up and attempt to "finish what he started", in a meta reflection of the character's own popularity

You just want to hate the movie so you're bitching. I bet you're one of those faggots who likes the Yuuzhan Vong and Darth Caedus. Also, don't ever bring up "balance to the force" again, it was a nonsensical concept that was created because Lucas let Vader's popularity influence the creative process and made him the center of the entire fucking universe when he should have just been a part of the larger story

tl;dr fuck you contrarian fag
>>
>>63437972
KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
>>
>>63437999
>Stormtroopers being depicted as actual people with one of them defecting from the First Order

Rebels (which is canon) does not go out of the way to depict stormtroopers as "actual people." They actually explicitly stay how shitty storm troopers are compared to clone troopers as a plot point. This is canon. One person doesn't change this. This is not new. They are just stormtroopers.

> >The Knights of Ren, a group of dark side wielders who don't have lightsabers, instead opting for swords, spears, and laser guns
>a ton of new alien species
>Dark side users who are not Sith Lords

Come on, man. They are just dark side users with dark clothes and red light sabers. Not that new.

> An Alien in charge of the Empire

Thats not new either. I mean haven't you heard of Thrawn (a ? A character that is INFINITELY better then anything Disney will come up with? HAHA.

> Hero worship of Darth Vader reflecting a new generation of villains to rise up and attempt to "finish what he started", in a meta reflection of the character's own popularity

That is absolutely retarded. Like that is the stupidest idea ever.

> I bet you're one of those faggots who likes the Yuuzhan Vong and Darth Caedus.

At least they are NOT DISNEY. Fuck Disney.
>>
>>63438194
>a bloo bloo bloo muh EU
>actually unironically defending Thrawn and LUUKE skywalker
>blindly hating Disney because of the company name

yeah, there's no saving you, you're just an edgy contrarian who goes against the consensus so you can convince yourself you're a person of substance. Fuck off.
>>
>Empire: Clean, well mannered, respectful
>Rebels: Dirty, barbaric, degenerates

I know who I'd fight for.
>>
>>63437999
>trailers have made it a point to hide important shit and bank on nostalgia

Why are you assuming that the movie itself won't bank on nostalgia just as much? Especially considering the track record of the director and the omnipresent nostalgia trends of Hollywood at large in recent years? I don't think it's at all unreasonable to assume that if the trailer's full of nostalgia the movie will be too.
>>
>>63437921
lol is this supposed to rustle me? "Oh no there are some slight similarities in the originals so im gonna shitpost before i even watch it"

You sound like you have downs.
>>
>>63438225

> a bloo bloo bloo much Disney Wars
> actually unironically defending Snoke and Finn as characters
> blindly loving Disney because the company name

You just want to support anything Disney makes regardless of substance. Fuck off.
>>
>>63438401
>hehehehe if I twist his words around so they make the opposite argument I'll win!

What is wrong with Finn as a character? He's by far one of the most interesting parts of the movie, at least he looks better than I'M ACTING daisy ridley. Let me guess, you're mad JJ cast a black guy, right?
>>
So nothing changes much and our OT heroes efforts were for nothing. Yet we're supposed to care about these new heroes, because why? Are they better and more capable than the last set? Hardly. 30 years from now the rebellion/resistance will still going to be flying Xwings and attacking TIE fighters.

By essentially remaking ANH they give us absolutely nothing to hope for, and ruin the old characters by telling us they were ultimately ineffective and everything went to shit after ROJ.

But buy the toys anyway.
>>
Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I raped your mother's corpse after she died giving birth to you? She was a good friend.
>>
>>63437025

This is what bothers me about the new trilogy. It completely cheapens everything that happened in the original. The icing on the cake will be if Luke turns out evil somehow - him resisting the dark side was what made him one of the most iconic heroes of all time. If he ends up succumbing, there's no point to any of this shit and it all just seems futile.
>>
>>63438225

Also, I wouldn't say I blindly hate Disney. I was actually receptive of them at first. They cancelled the EU, they cancelled the Clone Wars and didn't even finishing animating the episodes that were already done, and they laid off the LucasArts staff. But still I wasn't really disgusted with them until I saw their new canon material like Rebels and Lost Stars. The little bit off things they released in the buildup for episode seven doesn't bode too well either.
>>
>>63438476

Luke turning to the dark side would be about the only thing that could make this interesting. But then again he had the perfect opportunity to do so at the end of ROJ and turned down the perfect opportunity to rule the galaxy. So if he turns now it just seems like he wasted a lot of time that he could have had being evil and powerful. Meh.

I'm starting to wish for the Darth Jar Jar scenario as the last hope for... something.
>>
>>63438623
>Luke turning to the dark side would be about the only thing that could make this interesting.

oh my god fuck you to death. HURR DURR LUKE IS EVIL CUS HIS DAD DID IT HAHAHA IT'S LIKE POETRY IT RHYMES GENIUS
>>
>>63438338
>some similarities
>some
lel, plot and characters are literally the same, nice try shill.
>>
>>63438448
anything not made by Lucas is extended universe anyway.
at least Rebels gets most of it right.
>>
>>63438448
>Yet we're supposed to care about these new heroes, because why?

dude didn't you see the scene where Han gives Rey his blaster? it's like, this is a new generation of heroes!

because that's what makes you love a character! not them getting scenes where they develop independently, but scenes specifically reminding you that they are *not* the characters we loved in the original trilogy!
>>
>>63438623
I thought this at first, but I've realized since that it's probably a sign of how completely played-out the series is that the only thing that would seem interesting is the "hero turns evil" twist.
>>
>>63438665

I know, it wouldn't work. And plus, what good is being on the dark side if you have no control over anything but your dick?

Basically, Ep7 is going to be an elaborate, expensive work of fan fiction by half-assed fans who have their storytelling hands tied by a corporate giant hell-bent on merchandising and a Jewish/SJW agenda. What could go wrong?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.