[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we predict what people say after seeing the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>It was alright, lots of action, I think I liked it
>It wasn't as good as the OT, but it was better than the prequels, it had a story and cool music
>It was a bit too much in IMAX and I got a bit of motion sickness
>>
>>63436763

Here's a prediction of what OP's mom will say

MORE BLACK COCKC ARG;GF;GFKGFDGLDFJGD
>>
>I nutted in my pants thrice
>I cried when Han and Chewie died
>Daisy Ridley was a bad choice
>Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) was a great choice
>>
>The podracing scene was unexpected.
>>
>>63436815

Please god let this happen
>>
>>63436763
you can bet your ass /tv/ is going to hate it and call it reddit, better start jumping in on that meme if you wanna fit in

>black guy
>all visuals, no substance
>makes me miss jar jar
>reddit
>>
>>63436763
Do you mean IMAX 3D or 70mm?
>>
Realistically, we're going to get a safe nostalgia bait homage to the original trilogy. It won't be bad, it'll be pretty fun, actually, but nothing spectacular.

Reddit will act like it's the best thing ever because it's better than the prequels, /tv/ will act like it's the worst thing ever because it's not as good as the originals (and /tv/ just hates things on general principle)
>>
>>63436867
IMAX 3D

I expect a lot of people will be like "ugh this is fucked up" during some big chase scenes

I expect JJ AB is nuanced enough to throw in some Avatar-esque 3D CGI dangley cutesy things like fairies or whatever the fuck to give the 3D people something to enjoy
>>
>>63436920

the holograms in the Falcon when Han says "It's true, all of it" are definitely going to look sweet in 3D

RUN AND TELL THAT HOMEBOY
>>
>>63436947
Nah senpai that shit was in avatar too and it wasnt the draw card

The main drawcard of Avatar 3D (and basically the only good usage of 3D) were those floaty jellyfish things cause they looked etheral
>>
>>63436988

Didn't mean that it would be the draw card. Just that it's an obvious 3D shot.

though the holograms in Avatar looked sweet AF in imax 3d iirc. that movie was visually stunning. too bad about the rest of it.
>>
It's not going to be as gaudy and hacky as the prequels, but it's still going to fall into the same story-writing hole that the prequels did, and that's by a necessity to pay homage to the original trilogy as much as possible.
>>
>>63436815
>>63436832
If we're really lucky, it will be swoop bikes.
>>
>>63436889
even if it's bad, people will write posts like this making excuses for it.
>>
I WANT MEME PREDICTIONS STAT

WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT QWAWD JUMPAH
>>
>The main character had as much charisma as Hayden Christensen
>She constantly makes bumbling errors that cause the plot to evolve
>She is really flat, so is Han, basically everyone is flat except the Driver guy
>>
>>63437379
the nonsensical exchange about the blaster in the new trailer literally caused me to sperg out for 4 hours the memes were so strong, but it doesn't really have legs.
>>
Padme was prettier.
>>
>>63437313

I'm about as big a star wars fan as you'll find on this forum, and I'll be the first person to admit if it's shit or not.

I'm just really hoping I won't have to ..
>>
>JJ really gets the source material. This is the best movie since Empire.

You faggots are going to be so fucking mad when this flick is good.
>>
>>63437442

I'll literally be sucking my own dick in excitement if it's good
>>
>>63437400
Link?
>>
>>63437442
>hurr durr you want to hate it

except the definition of a great movie it literally its ability to overcome people's cynicism. a great movie almost LITERALLY forces you to like it.
>>
>>63437400
PART time
>>
>>63437442

Lets see here

1) the movie is rushed out so Disney can make money
2) they hired the shittest producer of pleb tier cape shit to make the film, JJ Abrams, to pump out a sterile product with shaky cam and lens flares.
3) the whole thing is engineered for a mass audience
4) no original concepts
5) all the star wars disney has come out with after cancelling the EU has been garbage

I'm not seeing how this shit is going to be good.
>>
"Oscar Isaac was the breakout star. It's a good thing Disney got complete unknowns like him."
>>
>>63436763
FanEdit removing Rey and Finn when?
>>
There will be a scene of someone standing with their hands in their belt and people will baneify it.
>>
>>63437595

Oh man, this one would rustle my jimmies.
>>
You know normies will eat it up like a second coming.
>>
>>63436763

>that was amazing
>that was shit
>what the fuck is kwad jumpa?
>>
>>63437442
I would honestly be pretty happy with that, but we have good reason to assume that wont happen. Remember what happened with star trek?

>movie 1
>"this isn't at all like star trek!"
>movie 2
>"Oy vey, I better copy paste some famous lines from the original series, that'll make them happy"

Yes, you're right, the only thing that was missing from the first one was "dammit Jim, I'm a doctor", "I'm giving it all she's got", "Space: The final frontier" and "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN", good to see you people learned what makes a good addition to an old series.

Its probably going to have nothing in common with the OT or the PT, but cram in references to them as much as possible to justify its existence.
>>
>>63437313
Literally proving my point right here

People hated the prequels from day 1, if Force Awakens sucks people will say so.
>>
>That soccerball was lame as all fuck

>Why didnt they just _ ? It wouldve literally solved all their problems
>>
File: Pepefuckyou.jpg (26 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
Pepefuckyou.jpg
26 KB, 495x495
>tfw the girl i know who wear star wars shirts and shit all the time finally admitted that she has never seen the films and asked me to explain the plot

Fucking dropped that slag desu senpai baka
>>
>>63437313
/tv/ already hates the movie on principle, I honestly don't see anyway to make them not hate it.
>>
>Who was Kwahd Jumpa?
>>
>>63436763
>I thought it was pretty good
>>
>>63436815
NOW THIS IS PODRACING!
>>
Gotta wait until January to see it in China. Fuck me.
Why does it take so long? Are they editing Boyega out?
>>
>LONG LIST
>OF SPOILERS
>NOT SPOILERED
>ALL IN
>CAPS

Won't be back here until I see the movie.
>>
>>63437440
>forum
>>
>>63440040
>going to China
why
>>
>>63440480
Lung cancer for free.
>>
It might have been alright if they didn't cast a black guy.
>>
>>63436763
>I couldnt hear anything over the anon cooking a stir fry during the feature
>>
It's treason then.
>>
>>63440052
>giving a shit about spoilers
Luke is Vader's son

Great now the movie is RUINED
>>
>>63440052
Kylo Ren kills his father Han Solo t b h
>>
File: 100%madd.jpg (23 KB, 374x567) Image search: [Google]
100%madd.jpg
23 KB, 374x567
>tfw everything about the movie will be spoiled for me cause i live in some shit hole in the middle of nowhere alaska
>I can't stop posting here when there will be thousands of threads going up from now till I finally get to watch it
>i'll be listing to that fat fuck kevin smith podcasting the whole movie plot
>will probably cave in and end up watching some shitty cam rip too
>>
First few days after release
>I FELT LIKE A KID AGAIN
>IT FULFILLED ALL MY DREAMS
>I WAS CRYING WHEN THE STAR WARS LOGO APPEARED

A month after release
>It was good but kind of bland
>None of the characters really stood out
>Too many pointless call-backs
>>
>I REALLY LIKED BOYEGA. I'M NOT RACIST. SEE HOW NOT RACIST I AM? I AM NOT CRITISCIZING BOYEGA.

Calling it now.
>>
File: 132441432.jpg (18 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
132441432.jpg
18 KB, 680x380
>That villain introduction was genius!
>>
>hella f*cking epic!!
>>
>>63441297
This is most likely whats going to happen
>>
>>63441322
I feel like it'll be more like
>IF YOU DONT LIKE THE FORCE AWAKENS THEN YOURE A CLOSET RACIST AND A MYSOGONIST
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.