[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just a week left >hype is dead What the hell happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 26
File: SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
>just a week left
>hype is dead

What the hell happened? It's like everybody stopped caring. Even my nerd friends no longer talk about it.
>>
>>63436189
I'm so excited I'm just shaking. I don't want to talk about it.
>>
Star Trek was mediocre and this looks the same
>>
>>63436189
People are sick of niggers. Black Lives Matters is 2015, White Power is the future
>>
>>63436243
When you type shit like this, are you being serious?
It's fucked up that I can't even tell anymore.
>>
>>63436189
A lot of people I know are hyped but it's kind of like the calm before the storm right now
>>
I'm not sure either, I was hyped but now I'm at the point where I don't care about the entire franchise anymore

Maybe I'm just depressed
>>
>>63436189
>>hype is dead

[citation needed]
>>
File: 1339718921572.png (111 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
1339718921572.png
111 KB, 400x298
>the shill machine is on autopilot and most people didn't take the b8

pretty amazing to see the cogs just turn on their own
>>
the ol' "Star Wars hype is dead" meme again huh
>>
>>63436189
Probably because people are wondering if it's worth risking their lives to go watch a shitty movie.

Terrorists could easily pick Star Wars as the day to strike.
>>
>>63436189
>>hype is dead
Good joke, my sir. Best one in months.
>>
>>63436189
the hype was never real to begin with.
>>
>>63436259
>>>/tumblr/ awaits you
>>
>>63436406

Eurofag here. Literally nobody gives a fuck.

Even if it breaks records in US it's going to flop here.
>>
Turn back. Turn back now. Before it is too late.
>>
>>63436189
this board pretty much ruined the whole story so now its just seeing what's confirmed and what isn't
>>
they're doing the right thing and keeping it from being spoiled
>>
that gif of the stormtrooper spinning his baton like a helicopter killed all my interest.
>>
>>63436446
Seconded by Irishfag. Star Wars is seen as embarrassing shit here
>>
They've started doing press for it and it's showing up on late night shows, daytime talk shows, celebrity shows etc so much so that people are getting burnt out now
>>
>>63436189
>What the hell happened?
golly yeah ask the board who makes 24/7 anti-hype threads. Of course when a fat autist screams STAR WARS in your face constantly you[re going to lose interest.
>>
>>63436535
What do the Irish do for fun?
>>
>>63436189

I'm so hype that I can't even talk about it.

Right now I feel just like I did when they announced the new movies will be made. It hasn't quite sunk in the in 9 days I'll be sitting in the theater watching a new star wars movie.

I'm also nervous as hell that it might suck a bowl of dicks.
>>
I was thinking how The Force Awakens is recycling A New Hope so much: lonely person on a desert world finds a droid that leads to an adventure having to destroy another massive super-weapon. Han is back; Chewie is back; Leia is back; Rey is all but confirmed to be Luke's daughter; Kylo Ren is all but confirmed to be Han and Leia's son; but what about Finn? Well, Finn is black. What other black characters do we have in the original trilogy? Lando and that's it I think.

I will bet cash money dollars Finn is Lando's son.
>>
>>63436189
Where do you base this dead hype from? Yourself?

the average /tv/ poster is, literally, retarded
>>
>>63436537
this they really didnt need to do press at all for it they should have left it alone until the premieres so people didnt burn out
>>
>>63436599

Why would Lando let his son be raised by the New Order?

get real
>>
>>63436537

Yeah. JJ said they won't spoil the thing or flood us with spots.

They they flood us with spots anyways.

Everybody was seeing Star Wars everywhere for the last month. People got tired of this shit.
>>
>>63436628

Blame Disney.

I'm sure he has little pull in that area
>>
>>63436446
>flopping in Europe
>mattering at all

How does it feel knowing that your continent will be JUST by the end of the decade?
>>
I just want the bluray rip to come out so I can drink half a bottle and watch it properly
>>
>>63436626

Maybe Lando got captured and killed. I mean, Billy Dee Williams isn't in the movie credits, right? So he doesn't have a cameo as Lando. So maybe Lando got killed and the Empire put his son in an orphanage or whatever.
>>
>>63436658

You shut your whore mouth
>>
>>63436259

>shill's first day on 4chan
>>
>Had already grossed $50 million a month before release
>Might not beat Jurassic World opening weekend (winter market is different than Summer market) but speculated to at least be in the $170-$200 million ballpark
>Has a 1 month monopoly on IMAX
>Will easily gross more than $1 Billion worldwide, may even cross $2 billion if it's good and people see it more than once
>hype is dead

I know your only interaction with people outside your house are with faggots on /tv/, but trust me, Disney knows what they're doing

>>63436628
>the best way to market your product is to make sure people don't know about it

says the NEET/retail wageslave, wow u must be an expert ok
>>
>>63436645

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=avatar.htm

In case you are retarded all the recent big hits made 3/4 of their box office overseas.

If TFA flops overseas it's going to be a disaster.
>>
>>63436553

get drunk enough on potatoe wine to fuck their own family and propagate more shamrock leprechaun retards
>>
>>63436599
Mace Dindus son

Samuel L Jackson will probably get shoe horned into the films somewhere given he is the biggest draw card of all cinema. Disney don't give a fuck whether he's a call back to the prequels or not. Can you imagine the OMGS when it's revealed Finn is the legacy of a Jedi councilman?
>>
>>63436698

>black jedi

confirmed overseas flop
>>
>>63436599
>describes the first 15-20mins of New Hope
Yeah, you know what? I'm completely fine with those parts being similar.

Except for the fact that they're exploring old Star Destroyers and getting air striked by tie fighters and there's stormtroopers defecting.

It's totally the same.
>>
>>63436698
I don't care about star wars but if you think it isn't going to be a massive box office success then you stupid as fuck.
>>
>>63436723

Starkiller base = Deathstar

IDK how they could possibly get away with another OMG SUPERWEAPON star wars movie

mind you, i'm hyped as fuck
>>
>>63436698
>Avatar only grossed $77 million opening weekend for a 760 million domestic gross

how the fuck do James Cameron's movies just play for fucking ages in theaters? I remember Titanic had a similar release too
>>
File: tendra.png (202 KB, 275x389) Image search: [Google]
tendra.png
202 KB, 275x389
>>63436599

No, this is Lando's wife. Boyega is too dark to be the son of a light skinned black guy and white woman.
>>
>>63436189
This movie clearly wasn't made for Star Wars fans, it was made for women and liberals.
>>
>>63436740

It pissed me off a bit as a kid when Return of the Jedi was destroy the Deathstar AGAIN.

I went to read some of the EU books and there's literally a bunch of them about rag-tag crew of heroes having to destroy super-weapon.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>63436742

Avatar was something new. It was not some big well known brand. This is why nobody really cared during the premiere.

Then reviews started surfacing and everybody was screaming how great it is.
>>
>>63436799
>>63436742

Avatar was the Star Wars of our time.

sad but true
>>
>>63436740

This shit is literally a New Hope remake. It's ridiculous how they are reusing everything from the OT. Even the planets look the same.
>>
>>63436782
At least the Death Star battle in RotJ is an entirely different setting and context than the first one. It looks like they're going to do ANOTHER trench run in Force Awakens, but I hope JJ is smart enough to be THAT much of a hack.

I'm fine with thematic resonance between the starting film of the original and sequel trilogies (part of what made Phantom so bad is that there was no setup or beginning to the characters' stories, we're just thrown right in the middle of a boring trade dispute) but ripping wholesale images and setpieces from the first movie is lazy as fuck

I really hope they just used the Imperial March for trailer music and they don't intend to actually use it in the movie for Kylo Ren
>>
>>63436189
you know when you smell something really strong. and then your senses dull it because you dont need to be smelling that so much? TFA is like that, we've been getting Star Wars thrown in our faces for so long that its starting to become dull. The Force Awakens is literally like a rank fart that you get used to after a few minutes. Its not novel anymore, its just "oh yea Star Wars. Thats cool" and then you go do something else
>>
>>63436816

Nope. SW shaped entire generations. Avatar was forgotten after a year.
>>
>>63436189
>>hype is dead

hahhahahahahhahahah

oh my god

hahahahahahahahhahahaha

you're so fucking dumb

hahahah... eh ha.

This will be at least the second highest grossing film of all time.
>>
>>63436826

I think it might be a ruse

They're being to obvious about the influences. I think there will be an unexpected plot twist that deviates from anything in the OT.

Then again, it could just be a bloody remake. Who knows. I think JJ would be smarter than that.
>>
>>63436688
nice BB-88 dubs my brother
>>
>>63436829
>It looks like they're going to do ANOTHER trench run in Force Awakens, but I hope JJ is smart enough to be THAT much of a hack.
>I really hope they just used the Imperial March for trailer music and they don't intend to actually use it in the movie for Kylo Ren

Seems like a lot of media these days are lifting or referencing older stuff so the audience can say "oh hey, I understand that reference!"
>>
>>63436854

It's going to be behind JW and Ultron.
>>
>>63436903

Not a fucking chance in hell
>>
>dude a nigger LMAO

He's literally going to be the best part of this flick along with Isaac. You should be worried about tooth girl and the geriatric fucks reprising their roles.
>>
>>63436854

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars3.htm

You dumb fags really overrate SW popularity.
>>
File: 1448218904927.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1448218904927.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63436259
>>
>>63436955

>the third movie after two largely unpopular movies doesn't do that well at the box office

wow you're a fucking genius
>>
>>63436189
its going to break the box office, then 6 months later people will start talking about how it kinda sucked. but it wont matter because itll be better than the prequels and JJ will have raked in the dough. Its a good cash grab and all JJ had to do was not fuck it up for the normie, which he did. It wont be amazing itll be just good enough to be enjoyable. Lore autists will sperg out like me over the shit JJ did but to everyone else this will be a fine Christmas time movie to go see with the family.
>>
>>63436955
what about Episode I?

Pull up one of your fancy webpages for that flick
>>
>>63436955
Hahaha you seriously underestimate the power of the dar... Disney side. This movie is going to make at least two billion. I can't wait for your tears.
>>
>>63436955
>Grossed $848 million in 2005 dollars before the rise of common IMAX 3D inflated tickets

That's a pretty big success, dude. Blockbusters breaking the 1 billion mark only became common very recently. Titanic was a fucking anomaly
>>
Honestly seeing some of the stuff in the trailers like the ragdoll stormtroopers, the baton flip, the sweating, the dialogue, the acting... I am concerned.

But I just bought my tickets today so whatever.
>>
>>63437021

All my friends are going to watch it so I'm going too. I expect it to be entertaining but stupid. Most of my enjoyment will probably come from criticizing it.
>>
>>63437021

me too :/

hold me senpai
>>
>>63436897

He'll be a jedi ghost dickhead
>>
File: Capture.jpg (40 KB, 861x482) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
40 KB, 861x482
>>63436955
desu as long as it doesnt get bad reviews out of the gate itll break records

it wont get bad reviews cause itll be by the numbers and give people Ep 4 nostalgia
>>
> 2015
> we have autonomous drones capable of air-to-air and air-to-ground operations
> whatever year it is in Star wars
> capable of interstellar travel and have a millenia old Droid industry
> still waste resources and time with manned fighter craft that get BTFO in a single hit

I never understood this
>>
>>63437145

It's basically WW2 in space

that's why it's fun and not shit
>>
>>63436553
masturbate to young girly boys while drunk
>>
Am I the only one who can't wait for it to come out so all the buzz can finally die? I can't fucking wait for January
>>
>>63437145

Shut your brain off anon. Just have some fun.
>>
>>63437182

I'd contend that WW2 was not fun since the conclusion was almost settled upon the onset as the Axis forces were greatly outnumbered, outgunned, and had less resources making their defeat all but guaranteed.

>>63437203

Oh fuck off
>>
>>63437291
>I'd contend that WW2 was not fun since the conclusion was almost settled upon the onset as the Axis forces were greatly outnumbered, outgunned, and had less resources making their defeat all but guaranteed.

They were winning until late 1942/early 1943 and it was all ogre after that. Hitler could have won if he didn't start a two-front war like a retard
>>
>>63436446
UKfag here, no one will shut the fuck up about the film here, so like Disney give a shit if it flops in your polska lands, long as it succeeds in Britbongistonia, US and China, they're in the fuckin money lad
>>
>>63437291

omg you're missing the point you insufferable autist.

people fighting each other is much more interesting than robots fighting each other for obvious reasons.
>>
File: Murica.jpg (97 KB, 594x398) Image search: [Google]
Murica.jpg
97 KB, 594x398
>>63436309
>Burgerstanis live in constant fear
>can't watch movies in theaters
>the terrorists have won
>>
>>63437409

I'll be there opening night senpai
>>
>>63437456
not shitposting but im imagining some theater is getting shot up that night, watch out
>>
>>63437323

>They were winning until late 1942/early 1943 and it was all ogre after that.

Funny. I wouldn't call getting BTFO in North Africa, having Sicily and the Italian mainland invaded, having a huge surge in partisan activity, the beginning of daily bombing raids, having the soviets launch counterattack after counterattack, losing Burma and Guadalcanal and other islands as winning.
>>
>>63436189
>hype is dead
>star shit spam non stop 24/7
>constant horde of shitty forced star wars memes
>>
>>63437326
UK fag here, only three people I know care and they're all men over 40.
>>
>>63436189

I'm hoping it's everyone coming to their senses about the chances of this movie actually being any good, but I just can't let myself believe it.
>>
>>63436742
/tv/ is too contrarian to accept it (as is much of popular culture) but Cameron is actually a story-focused filmmaking God and both Avatar and Titanic are ideosyncratic pop masterpieces.
>>
>>63437480
none of that happened until late 1942 or in 1943, moron

>Britons were holding their own but not decisively winning in Africa until Second Battle of El Alamein in Autumn of 1942, American assistance that came around the same time helped greatly
>Operation Husky wasn't until July 1943
>Soviets were on the defensive until the victory at Stalingrad in February of 1943 and huge offenses into German territory didn't begin in earnest until 1944

try reading a fucking book before you open your mouth next time kthx
>>
>>63436722
>black jedi
>he doesn't know about the leaks

Pleb confirmed
>>
>>63436511
this.

all of a sudden storm troopers are ballsy enough to take out suspected jedi's? cmon son.
>>
>>63436658
that would be stupid. Lando always has a backup plan.
>>
>>63437645
people still talk about Titanic, they don't talk about Avatar
>>
>>63437562
That's cause you only know 3 people mate.
>>
>>63437291
if star wars was WW 2 why aren't the new ones mirroring the korean and vietnam wars and the unrest of the people against it.

would hippies in star wars been too annoying?
>>
>>63436446
romanianfag here, tickets are sold out everywhere. star wars is popular as fuck here.
>>
>>63438464
Titanic was a historical epic that resonated with everyone

>>
>>63438587

Star Wars works because it's a simple story of good vs evil. WW2 is a simple story to the public consciousness, Korea and Vietnam are not, they're complicated, messy wars of questionable value. Nobody wants that kind of equivocation in their space adventure movie.
>>
>>63436688
>6688
>bb88
>>63436877
>nice BB-88 dubs my brother

good eye on that
>>
>one main character is a girl with an annoying British accent
>other main character is a nigger with a fat ass
Where did she pick up that accent? On some fucking desert planet?
How does he fit into a stormtrooper suit with that fat ass?
>>
File: 1449559530159.jpg (16 KB, 236x368) Image search: [Google]
1449559530159.jpg
16 KB, 236x368
>>63438805
>looking at his ass
>>
>>63438839
dammit wrong pic.
>>
>>63438621
well, yeah.
>>
>>63436704
>says the yank mongrel
the only breed into sister fucking is your lot, burger bob
>>
>new star wars every year until the end of time
JUST
>>
>>63438435
I actually don't mind this
It makes them seem like far more intimidating vilians. Maybe the action scenes will have some tension if they're more competent.

Remember when you fags complained about them getting beaten by Ewoks?
>>
>>63438852
it's better this way honestly
>>
>>63438509
No it's because he's not an infantile manchild hanging around with other autists jerking each other off over a childrens film
>>
>>63438464
people still talk about Avatar on this very board.
>>
>>63436189
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm going on a Star Wars fast.
I'm trying to avoid everything I can about it up until I actually see it, to get the full effect.

If I don't, it'll end up like almost every other over-hyped movie over the past several years, where I'll watch and read anything to do with the movie and I'll feel like i've already seen it before I even get to the theater.
>>
>>63436599
You know what?
People have been guessing at it so much, I'd be willing to put down money that none of the new cast is in any way related by blood to any member of the old cast. It's just too easy.

Ren and Rey are probably related somehow though.
>>
>>63436826
Knowing JJ, and given the track record of things like Into Darkness, I'm sure what they're giving us and what we're seeing is different to what it'll be. Everyone expected a remake of Wrath of Khan and that would've been better than what we got
>>
File: 1421082966842.jpg (83 KB, 960x916) Image search: [Google]
1421082966842.jpg
83 KB, 960x916
>>63436259
>>
>>63436696
>Might not beat Jurassic World opening weekend
Nig, you high.

The two top grossing movies of all time (not counting for inflation) were released in the wintertime.

Counting for inflation, four of the five top grossing movies of all time were released in the wintertime.
>>
>>63436296

this

>shill machine can't sell if people don't care
and they really don't care

they'll blame the shitty box office on racism and terrorism or fear mongering by the right
>>
People are probably getting sick of all the marketing.

Also pretty much the whole plot of the film as already been revealed.

Also legit OT fans are skeptical as fuck of any new Star Wars after the prequels.
>>
>>63436189
After the first showings and reviews the hype is going to be off-chart mate.
>>
We already know that plot twist that Luke has joined the dark side.
>>
>>63437601

if it's shit people won't hold back, unless it's Guardians level feel good stuff the average joe public won't be that excited by just hurr Star Wars anymore

With two annoying posh entitled twatty brit bong actors who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag leading the way, the older generation really won't like it much, and the younger generation really won't care

at the moment i just get the impression it's a movie aimed at an audience that will make up a small small tiny demographic of viewers
>>
Not been seeing much of Poe Dameron in the build up, is he just going to be that guy who's always there but never really does anything or will he be the key to all this.
>>
>>63439399
mad lol
>>
File: mauled.jpg (90 KB, 583x681) Image search: [Google]
mauled.jpg
90 KB, 583x681
Post yfw TFA LITERALLY bombs because ISIS
>>
File: 1446942806425.png (106 KB, 241x318) Image search: [Google]
1446942806425.png
106 KB, 241x318
>>63436189

Probably because the more we see, the more we realize it's going to be a crappy movie.
>>
File: 1445638385337.jpg (113 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1445638385337.jpg
113 KB, 495x495
>>63440060
>>
File: hell wars.jpg (103 KB, 360x452) Image search: [Google]
hell wars.jpg
103 KB, 360x452
>>63440060
tbqh
>>
>paying to see Shlomo's movies
>>
File: 34634643346.jpg (23 KB, 667x112) Image search: [Google]
34634643346.jpg
23 KB, 667x112
Is this your first day on 4chan? Because you dont even know how to quote properly.
>>
>>63440224
>fucking that up
kek
>>
>>63436309
I honestly am expecting to die at this premiere. I watched Spectre recently and actually got a little uneasy when I started to think about it.

Oh well, it probably won't happen, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not going to be a bit jittery. Might have to pregame a bit before the show.
>>
>>63436189
The movie is just an overglorified merchandise commercial.
And not a particularly good for that matter.
Why should anyone be hyped about it?
>>
>>63440224
09/15(Wed)01:05:13 No.63440202â–¶

>paying to see Shlomo's movies

>>
Anonymous 12/09/15(Wed)01:07:07 No.63440224â–¶>>63440262
File: 34634643346.jpg (23 KB, 667x112)
23 KB

Is this your first day on 4chan? Because you dont even know how to quote properly.

>>
Anonymous 12/09/15(Wed)01:08:54 No.63440262â–¶

>>63440224
>fucking tha
quoting's easy bro
>>
>>63437601
>the chances of this movie actually being any good
>JJ Abrams directing

So literally none?
>>
File: 63440287 .jpg (41 KB, 960x132) Image search: [Google]
63440287 .jpg
41 KB, 960x132
Talking about spectre, did you like it? All my normie friends liked it, while I thought it was pile of garbage filled with spy clichés
>>
>>63436189
Mark my words. Star Wars will be an extremely shitty movie. Far worse than anything with Jar Jar Binks. I'm not even interested in watching it. Just going to be SJW/Jew propaganda bullshit.
>>
>>63440331
Your thoughts are correct. It was fucking garbage.
>>
>>63436189
I'm Yurokek and I see absolutely no hype over here. Even with Hobbit movies there were atleast posters everywhere. With SW - nothing. Not even TV shots. Even ticket pre-orders are somewhere at levels of shit like Black Mass.
>>
http://www.avclub.com/article/george-lucas-really-liked-force-awakens-so-now-we--229388
confirmed for prequel-tier garbage
>>
>>63440331
Hey that's what I felt about Goldeneye, 20 years ago.
>>
>none of the 7 people I know talk about it daily anymore
Oh no. Probably only 4 of them will see it, and 1 will see it twice.
>>
>>63440332
Really, Jew propaganda? How? I have my popcorn ready, your explanation should be entertaining at least.
>>
>>63439762
>unless it's Guardians level feel good stuff

the original Star Wars was LITERALLY Guardians level feel good, right down to everyone clapping at the end. I don't get why dark = artistic for so many people.
>>
>>63436826
if the planets didnt look the same then people would complain that it doesn't look or feel like star wars silly
>>
>>63440530
Pretty much this.
I think they renounced advertising it to Europe, because of the rise of xenophobic sentiment.
>>
>>63436446

Right. Well, thanks for checking in. Time to get back to your hovel, you fucking dirt merchant.
>>
>>63436553

Get drunk. Be impotent.
>>
>>63440287
Just bring your gun
>>
I can name at least 20 people I know who all claim they're excited and can't wait for themovie to come out. Seeing it first on release day with a friend, then the day after with another group of friends. then one third time in IMAX 3D with my girlfriend.

so yeah OP is retarded. it's Star Wars. Literally everyone on the planet is going to watch this movie except for edgy contrarians.
>>
>>63436816
no one remembers anything about avatar.

i'm literally tired of typing out that it was "3D the movie". it started the trend of all blockbusters being IMAX 3D films. the film is more of a technical achievement than an artistic one, and it's recognized as such. that's why no one remembers anything about Avatar besides how cool it looked.
>>
Ths hype isn't here in Australia. If you ask someone if they're gonna watch it in the theatre, they'd probably say something along the lines of "Probably not, can't be bothered and I just don't really care about it". The media has tried to pump it up, but most people simply don't care. By and large, we only really like the OT.
>>
File: 1417992522017.gif (3 MB, 628x402) Image search: [Google]
1417992522017.gif
3 MB, 628x402
>>63436189
>It's like everybody stopped caring. Even my nerd friends no longer talk about it.

The desperation of contrarians on here is hilarious
>>
>>63436959
Stop using wizardchan memes.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 675x380
>Qui-Gon is Yang
>Obi-Wan is Ying
>Anakin is the possessor of Chi

Ah, so!
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 1024x1024
Why are there no blonde women in Star Wars?

Or Asians?
>>
>>63441654
that would be suicide by cop anon
>>
File: captcha.jpg (76 KB, 399x611) Image search: [Google]
captcha.jpg
76 KB, 399x611
>>63436259
If this triggers you so much, you should stop coming to 4chan.
>>
File: YAGpXPd.png (115 KB, 636x440) Image search: [Google]
YAGpXPd.png
115 KB, 636x440
>>63442177
>>
>>63442177
Too white and pure for Hollywood standards.
They want a melting pot of 50 shades of brown.
>>
>>63440060
>>
>>63436268
exactly this
>>
The problem is the whole "this will be the biggest film of all time" bullshit in the msm IS TIRING.

Not to mention the fuck load of sponsored shit and advertising everywhere.

It'll likely turn out like Avengers 2 or Dark Knight Rises. No matter the gross, people will say it has under performed.
>>
>>63436189
A combination of overhype burnout & potential real spoiler territory.
>>
File: thatfeelagain.png (24 KB, 601x695) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelagain.png
24 KB, 601x695
>>63442177
>tfw she looks almost identical to an old crush who was also a model
>>
>>63437409
hahahahaha
truly allah is akbar my friend.
>>
>>63436189
Calm before the storm. Once it hits the screens, this place will be full of more Star Wars-laden freaks than Mos Eisley Cantina.
>>
>>63442177
the raid bros are south east asian
>>
>>63436723
Would you fuck off and die in a fire?

You're not even remotely subtle.
>>
>>63436446
Eurofag here, tickets sold out two weeks ago.
Stay edgy my friend.
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you that your grandmother Shmi Skywalker was raped by an entire village of sand people? They went in single file to hide their numbers.
> and they were good friends
>>
>>63440332
Love to hear your explanation of what Jew propaganda the new Star Trek films had.
>>
Disney is sure desperate for hype.
I haven't seen a more constant or more annoying shilling campaign.
>>
>>63436189
>watching TV
>every 5th commercial has star wars in it
>even shit that has nothing to do with star wars
>BUY OUR LIMITED EDITION STAR WARS MAKE UP LINE
>BUY DURACELL BATTERIES FOR ALL YOUR STAR WARS TOYS
>HERE'S SOME SHIT THAT COULDN'T EVEN BE RELATED TO STAR WARS AT ALL BUT WE'RE GONNA HAMFIST A CHEWBACCA REFERENCE BECAUSE LOL NOSTALGIA AMIRITE GUYS
>any sort of live programming INUNDATED with star wars whoring
>WATCH THIS VIDEO OF SOMETHING THAT KIND OF INVOLVES STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES
>LISTEN TO THIS STORY OF HOW SOME DUDE GOT HIS FIRST BONER WHILE LISTENING TO JOHN WILLIAMS
>LOOK AT THAT DOG IN A YODA COSTUME OMG GUYS STAR WARS!!!!111!!11

Just fucking kill me already. I know it's only going to get worse once the fucking movies comes out.
>>
>>63436816
I still havent seen Avatar, is it worthy of my time?
>>
>>63442737
Just wait for aaaaaaaaaaaalllllll the sequels and spinoff merchandise.
>>
>>63442741
You're not missing out on much.

Watch it if you want to woo a woman from the African continent studying abroad.
>>
>>63442741

Lol no. You missed the entire reason for seeing the movie. That being experiencing it in 3D in the theater.
>>
>>63442737
That's why I'm glad I don't have cable and just use my tv for movies and vidya.
>>
I cant wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooncd-c519A
>>
>>63436309
>2015
>not cc'ing in a theater
>not cc'ing everywhere outside the home
There's no way in hell I'm going into a dark crowded building without my Taurus judge loaded with 4 10 shotgun rounds.
>>
>>63436189
People are scared...scared of what happened last time they were excited for a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63442983
What if it's so good it's life changing?
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1152x864
>>63442114
Truth.
>>
>>63436189

hype oversaturation. I felt it like a month ago and it seems the rest of people starts to feel the same way
>>
>>63438852
Give us the right one.
>>
>>63443080
Except that in the Western culture, an intuitive sensibility is not always feminine... We have what we call "Organic-thinking", which can only be applied to the male Yang.

A pure Rationalist actually belongs to the feminine Ying, as there is no is possiblility of extra-personal knowledge, as there is in the male.
>>
>>63436553
Not like big asses
>>
>>63436243
I completely agree. I am just done with niggers after the last year. Any shows or movies with young black "youths" in prominent roles will be completely dismissed.
>>
ISIS will strike again during the premiere. One of my ancestral spirits told me last night, while I was rolling on molly. He also told me of the glory of Pax Romana. A soul is stricken from the door. I cry out, but it falls down.
>>
>>63439399

Truth hurts
>>
i'm still very hyped, but there's only so much discussion i can get into before this thing actually comes out. bear in mind nobody really knows the plot to this movie, it's all assumptions based off the few 2 minute trailers that have come out that are intentionally vague. my friends and i have analyzed the trailers as much as we care to, at this point we just wanna see the film, i don't care about debating every little nuance
>>
>Even my nerd friends no longer talk about it.

Because it's not for them.

The movie was carefully focus grouped and marketed towards the type of people who go to see an MCU movie every opening weekend without fail. it's safe. it's sterile. It's maximum profit with minimal risk.
>>
>>63437200
>he thinks this will be over by january
>>
>>63443721
It will be. TFA will be a forgettable, $1.7 - $1.8b movie, breaking only first-week records that will themselves be broken by the next big generic blockbuster movie. It will not inspire any long-lasting discussion or leave any impact.
>>
The problem is that it looks no different from any other paint-by-numbers big-budget action blockbuster. It has the same shots, the same color palette, the same sarcastic, referential dialogue. The only difference between TFA and, say, Age of Ultron is that one has a vaguely Star Wars flavored coating and one has a vaguely Marvel comics one. Take away the name recognition/nostalgia factor and they'd be no different from each other.
>>
There's more hype about being hyped. The potential for a new Star Wars movie is more exciting than actually seeing it fully realised, having all that potential cemented inevitably as things that do work, and many things that don't.

I'd almost rather never see it than try to piece together what it might be from all the trailers.
>>
>hype is dead
>can't even find tickets for the 18th or 19th for 50 miles
>>
>>63444204
You live in a terrible place full of easily manipulated people.
>>
>>63444334
I can smell your smelly fedora from here.
>>
>>63436446
I have like 6 Germans at my work who are all obsessed with Star Wars
>>
File: 1431304888980.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431304888980.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
>>63444362
you sure it isn't yours lad
>>
>>63436309

Stormtrooper sitting next to you at Imax has an amazingly real blaster. Yells "Admiral Ackbar!" Can't see a thing in that helmet.

Gets bludgeoned to death by kids in ewok costumes before getting a shot off.
>>
>>63444204
Same here bro

Me and my friends [\spoiler] are going on the 21st as that was the only day when we could all get iMax seats with one another
>>
>>63442958
>being this paranoid

amerifats, everyone
>>
>>63442114
>>63443080
>>63443158
Great conversation about the Ying Yang twins. I almost thought you were trying to talk about the Chinese philosophical concept of yin and yang.
>>
>>63442958
You know how I know you're baiting? Nobody in their right mind would use a Judge for self defense
>>
>>63442958
>bringing shotgun rounds to a fully booked theater

on any other website I would call you a retard but it's 4chan so you probably are the shooter
>>
Not hyped because I don't trust Jew Jew Abrams and the Talmudic tentacles that the Chosen people over at Disney have sunk into a once-beloved franchise.
>>
>>63443080
>negative
>female

SEXISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63446169
>Slugs

Why do you post when you are ignorant?
>>
>>63436237
This. Abrams hasn't made a movie better than an 8/10 in his entire career. So why would we get hyped?
>>
This thread is /pol/'s swan song of their hope "niggers" and "SJWs" will be punished by the audience.
>>
File: 1447452843240.jpg (160 KB, 2920x316) Image search: [Google]
1447452843240.jpg
160 KB, 2920x316
>>63436189
no sheev no see-v
>>
>>63442958
Judge is terrible for cc. And you're going to take down a potentially armored target with snakeshot?
>>
>>63442737
>>watching TV
>>every 5th commercial has star wars in it
>>even shit that has nothing to do with star wars
I wouldn't be surprised if the budget for this flick was $1 billion including all the marketing and shilling around the world.
So the movie needs to make $2.5 billion to be considered a success.

I hope it bombs like Man of Steel because of the nigger and the bitch being the main characters and heroes.
Asians don't like niggers and don't want to see them in their movies. They are also pretty much patriarchial societies, so seeing some Mary Sue swinging her light saber around, saving guys will also turn them off.
It is only the emasculated cûckolds here in the western world who are going to watch it and asking for the big nigger bull to ride the heroine in the sequel.
>>
It has a 63% on RT, so a lot of people are jumping the Star Wars ship before crashes right into the film industry.
>>
>>63436189
Are you completely retarded?
>>
>>63436189
no one want's to see john ooga boyega bixnood being a sweaty ape for 2 hours where he eventually hooks up with a white women
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.