[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Supernatural?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
The first three seasons were good, but once it hit fourth, the quality started deteriorating. They made Sam Winchester have "powers" which made him less relatable.

Plus, the angel and hell thing makes the whole series which did a good job of making the unbelievable believable, a whole lot less believable.
>>
Also, where do they get money if they have no jobs? Credit card scams can't last forever.
>>
>>63430163
Hustle pool and poker.
>>
>>63430431
Not really all that reliable.
>>
>>63430580
They only need enough money for food, gas and ammo. From the thousands they could get from just 1 CC and the hundreds they could get from a good round of hustle. I don't see the issue. I've hustled someone for $250 before.
>>
>somehow make enough money on the road to rebuild impala from scratch
>>
File: Dooku_CIS.png (79 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Dooku_CIS.png
79 KB, 250x188
>>63430141
>less relatable
You just gave the most plebian complaint possible about one of the most plebian shows on television.

Bravo.
>>
>>63430748
Pretty sure when he rebuilt baby it was mostly thanks to Bobby and his car yard.
>>
>>63430672
What is "hustling"?

Is it like pimping?
>>
>>63430946
Pic related is you
>>
should have ended at season 5

sam having powers was fine
>>
>>63430946
Gotta love pimping out pool tables and decks of poker cards!

But no, hustling is when you trick someone into thinking you're shit at something, making bets and intentionally losing time and time and then you start betting big with double or nothing. make the mark think they have the upper hand and are gonna win heaps but then just win and take the cash.
>>
>>63430850
I think its fair to handwave it. They either have to make them millionaires from exploiting their knowledge of the arcane or Sam has to make an internet business offscreen and though he's in-universe 'intelligent' it doesn't mesh with the show's portrayal of them being poor as fuck.
Dean had a job when Sam was dead though and he was married, I wonder how that worked out?
>>63430141
They just had serious power creep issues that they still haven't fixed. Basically at this point its 'they killed the evil somehow, but now sam/dean is going crazy/dead/in hell/in purgatory/is murderous' and they really can't seem to shake that.
I'd love for a more chill monster of the week season and for them to stop plot ramping, but I think the writers have just convinced themselves that the only way to keep everything going is to keep driving themselves up the wall.
>>
>>63430946
Yes, Dean pimps out Sam's boipussy to lonely truckers
>>
>>63431122
Dean was never married to Lisa, they just lived together as a couple and Dean took on a father figure for Ben.

I'll admit the money issue is a thing but i overlook it since they very rarely talk about money issues or look like they are poor. It's a hole that's for sure but i don't think it detracts from the show, at least for me.
>>
Can't they just lift wallets from all the people they murder

It works for Blade
>>
I like the show. Watched 9 seasons or so. Impressed with the way it's kept up, actually. A guilty pleasure.
>>
>>63431192
don't give tumblrinas fanfic material
>>
>>63431122
The power creep is killing this show for me, i've been a fan since it aired and still really enjoy the show. But i really miss the monster of the week stuff. It just worked well for the show.

I mean if you look at other shows of the same style, when the overall plot takes a backseat for a 'filler' episode its so seethrough and boring but for some reason Supernatural shines with the filler eps. they generally touch on a bigger subplot at the end of each episode (either sitting in the car or under a bridge) and it works.

But for some reason the writers want to force big plot into each week and it just gets bloated. Why did the episode "baby" come off so well? Because the main plot was hardly mentioned and when it was it was brief and the episode was just about saving people and hunting things. It was a really really good episode and the ones that have followed show me they havent really learned WHY it was such a well received ep. Oh well.
>>
>>63431293
They no doubt do this, just wouldn't show it.
>>
>>63430141
>>63430141
Best show ever, keeps improving.
>>
>>63431366
I saw wincest...it was interesting.
>>
I stopped after S5. I'm surprised they've managed to milk it so long desu
>>
Show took a major hit for me when it focused on Heaven vs Hell. Season 2 was one of the tightest because the big plot was them being on the run from the FBI and local law enforecment. They should have kept that going for another season or two at the very least. Could have even stretched a couple by passing off specific demons before going into the major Apocalyptic stuff. It just felt like there was barely any time spent developing the world before they tried destroying it.
>>
Season four/five is OK when you consider how the writers strike meant they were able to create a road map (they were LITERALLY making shit up as they went along, until the writers strike put them in a spot where they had to abort a bunch of go nowhere shit and start from scratch) and truly did not think the show would see a sixth season.

1-5 are the core shit. You can easily stop watching after five and have a complete story if you want.
>>
Last two seasons were good, a departure from the Beast of the week. How they are going to deal with the "Darkness", I wil wait and see.
>>
>>63433443
Alot of the last few seasons were trash but the main plot points were pretty damn good. That scene where Dean convinced Sammy not to close the gates. Really good work from both of the leads.
>>
>>63433443
I bet one of them will "die" or go to hell, it seems to be the only solution to every problem
>>
>>63433522
I really want the show to end with one of them dying for good. and a small touch like instead of the ep saying "The Road So Far" it just says "The road"
>>
>>63433608
That would be too sad so I doubt it. I think the ending would be that dean and Sam will continue their fight but their fight against demons won't be documented anymore.
>>
>>63433814
I know Jensen Ackles said he would prefer if one of the brothers died. That he always saw it as Sam dying and Dean trades the Impala for a motorbike because he doesn't have a brother anymore and no brother means no home.
>>
>>63434105
Sounds great to me.
Why can't they just give him full control?
>>
The Men of Letters was such a misstep, that was the biggest opportunity to breath new life into the show and it's just a replacement for Bobbies house now. Shame that spin-off about monster mafias didn't go anywhere too, that could have been fun
>>
>>63431367
It's basically almost the same deal as the X-Files, where the monster of the week episodes are almost always superior to the plot focused ones
>>
>>63435803
>>63435803
In one of the earlier seasons, there was a baby who could make anything happen by just thinking or something like that. What happened to that bit?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.