[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick one you fucking kucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: 71.png (686 KB, 540x760) Image search: [Google]
71.png
686 KB, 540x760
Pick one you fucking kucks
>>
Straw Dogs
>>
>>63429228
These are totally different movies

French Connection 6
A Clockwork Orange 6.5
Straw Dogs 5
Dirty Harry 4
>>
>>63429228

meh they're all relatively mediocre but Straw Dogs is the best of the bunch I guess
>>
>>63429228
1971 is my least favorite year in all of cinema's history
>>
>>63429228
If I absolutely had to re-watch one of these, I suppose it would be Dirty Harry. Siegel's an alright director for this type of tough-guy material.
>>
of the four, straw dogs
>>
Of those, I'd rather watch The French Connection right now
>>
>>63429228
All of them have aged horribly.
>>
>>63429320
>>63429364
>>63429414
>>63429553
pleb city
>>
Straw Dogs for dat slut and dat ending
>>
French Connection is the best overall but Dirty Harry is personally my favorite.
>>
>>63429634

nope, liking these movies is actually pleb city mate. these are the movies that plebs who are wannabe patrish really love.
>>
>>63429713
this.
>>
A Clockwork Orange is fucking garbage.
>uhhh muh ultraviolence
>muh kubrick
>muh top tier

Fuck you, your opinion is wrong, its a bad movie.
>>
>>63429320
>>63429364
>>63429414
>>63429553

Faggots.
>>
>>63429634
Not a single great film came out in 1971 and about 2 dozen awful to mediocre ones are consistently overpraised such as the 4 in the picture. Maybe you should take yourself to imdpleb if you're bothered by this
>>
>>63429721
Wrong.

They're actually all good films,you've just used your autistic ability to watch shoddy avant garde trash that no one has ever heard of to inflate your ego as a countermeasure for not having friends
>>
French Connection has one of the greatest car chases ever, Dirty Harry as a funky as fuck score though. Not an easy choice.
>>
>>63429784
Noooooo one cares
>>
>>63429790

sure mate, enjoy watching your middlebrow movies and thinking anything you haven't heard of is just obscure trash for autists. it must be a nice way of justifying your adolescent taste
>>
>>63429855
then close the tab, you autistic fuck. go shitpost in the designated shitposting threads
>>
>>63429721
>cant even explain why he thinks they're bad beyond "its for plebs"
how to spot an actual fucking plebeian
>>
>>63429228
I've only seen Clockwork Orange.
>>
did you pick these because of the posters having a white background or what

also its gotta be french connection
>>
>>63429909

These films do exactly what they set out to do and do it well. Movies don't have to be highbrow to be worth watching, they only have to be entertaining.
>>
>>63429909
Yes anon, I'm perfectly content watching the movies I like.

Do you honestly think I'm going to feel triggered that a pompous faggot whose most thrilling life experience was walking his fat ass to the 7/11 and getting some cheesy poofs for his 1940's french thrillers happens to find my taste in film sub par to his?
>>
>>63429948
No you
>>
>>63429228
I will if you stop being so rude.
>>
>>63430095
Dude, you sound triggered as fuck.
>>
>>63430131
You sound pretty rekt
>>
>>63429711
>letting your penis choose what films to watch
absolutely nothing wrong with that senpai
>>
>>63430012
they're all movies that got criticised for their violent content and released in the same year redditboy
>>
>>63429228
Straw Dogs > A Clockwork Orange > The French Connection = Dirty Harry
>>
>>63430095
>1940's french thrillers
you could have at least chosen a real film movement, but no you instead go for leddit epic mishmash humor and sound uneducated and insecure
>>
>>63429228
Straw Dogs for Based Peckinpah

Although that's not even his best movie by a long shot. Wild Bunch, Ride the High Country, and Noon Wine are all much better films.
>>
>>63430874
Peckinpah is an awful filmmaker. Take away his "boundary-pushing" violence and you are left with nothing. He's a total hack and a fraud
>>
>>63431035
Nope
>>
>>63431035
Sounds like you haven't seen half of the movies I mentioned. Peckinpah was a much more sentimental filmmaker than he was a violent one. Watch Junior Bonner, Ride the High Country, Cable Hogue, and Noon Wine if you doubt that. Even his violent films deal with key themes of love, betrayal, nostalgia, social change, the close of the frontier, etc.

You're the only hack and fraud here, bud.
>>
>>63429228
Dirty Harry = Dogs > FC > Clockwork Orange
>>
I recently watched both The French Connection and Clockwork Orange, and I've seen all four films. I like all four of them desu, but The French Connection has a god tier ending. I mean the last thirty minutes is just incredible; the car chase still looks great and the foot chase is great too. Clockwork Orange is probably the most technically impressive and most profound of the four, but it's the least entertaining (to me). Considering it is a Kubrick film I'm inclined to say it isn't the best of the four. Dirty Harry is essential /dadcore/, and it's highly entertaining and a tad bit cheesy. It's a fun movie but I can't say it's the best of the four. Straw Dogs is definitely my least favorite of the four.

French Connection > Dirty Harry > Clockshit > Dog shit
>>
>>63431158
>his films explore
Looks like you're confusing him with the writer, buddy. And am I in no hurry to watch more movies by someone when I have already seen half of a dozen of his awful films. There are much better filmmakers out there, maybe you'll realize this when you actually watch some real cinema or maybe you'll revel in your plebdom forever. Either way good luck to you
>>
Dirty Harry tbqfh family
>>
Bronson
>>
>>63430829
the truman show is my favorite film

do you approve of it?
>>
>>63432178
Oh fuck off, don't play this bullshit game because that's not even what happened. You/the previous poster sounded like an uneducated idiot and there is no getting around it. Sorry, but stupidity exists and pointing it out doesn't make someone up their own ass like you're implying
>>
>>63429811
That chase scene is really fucking godly but as a movie, maybe because the mood it sets, I'll have to go with Straw (and I can't stand that little dude to be honest)
>>
>>63432283
i was seriously wondering if he approves of my favorite though
>>
>>63431035
Dude you're letting labels put on by fucking critics skew your enjoyment of the complete movie experience. Please try to avoid this.
>>
>>63429228
how could anyone possibly not pick the French Connection?
>>
File: 1445944999463.jpg (80 KB, 574x353) Image search: [Google]
1445944999463.jpg
80 KB, 574x353
48 posts and no image replies

Time to crash this streak with Trump
>>
>>63432410
Where are you getting that from? I don't think that's the case at all but I'll hear you out first
>>
>>63432527
I'm refering to the "pushing violence boundaries" statement you mentioned earlier, I've seen his movies as a earlies 30 dude and his level of violence, even if somewhat shocking, was not the main thing I got out off his movies.
Maybe what I'm trying to say is that you have to see a movie just as an entity rather than as something that has been discussed a million times by people bias by their own agenda.
>>
>>63432638
I think he sucks regardless of the violent content. Historical framing of this aspect of his films is certainly not getting in the way of anything for me
>>
>>63432720
>I think he sucks regardless of the violent content.

So you just have shit taste. Good to know.
>>
>>63432734
You judge someone's "taste" based on a single opinion
>>
>>63432760
That single opinion is shit, in my opinion.
>>
>>63432786
and it's dumb to an extrapolation beyond it. glad we had this talk.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.