[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is Chevy Chase's problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: paulsimonchevy.jpg (59 KB, 385x240) Image search: [Google]
paulsimonchevy.jpg
59 KB, 385x240
What the hell is Chevy Chase's problem?
>>
>>63425793
Chevy Chase is a mingin' Earth Rocker
>>
>>63425793

Self-loathing ego-maniac.
>>
>>63425793
Born with a silver foot in his mouth.
Filthy rich and doesn't have to work, so if he's bored he can just walk away or insult whoever he wants.
>>
>>63425793
Just call him al
>>
>>63425793

Internally, he is as Paul Simon looks in that pic, a miserable cunt.... Come to think of it, he, allegedly, never really had trouble loosing that inner brooding on his coworkers either..
>>
>>63425793
Dick humor. His humor is that he's a dick to people.
>>
he's soft in the middle
>>
>>63425793

Don't know.. I just caught Christmas Vacation on tv... He might be an asshole but he was funny as fuck.
>>
>>63425878
>so if he's bored he can just walk away or insult whoever he wants.
That sounds sounds like /tv/ in a nutshell, minus
the money.
>>
>>63426052
That's it.

I see a lot of myself in him. Hope I get to be as talented as he is, so I could get away with his schtick.

He's fucking huge though and I'm only 5'11 though.
>>
>>63426052
l'd be fine with that if he didn't act like a itch at his roast
>>
Is it bad that I've always agreed with everything he said or did?
>>
>>63425904
>Born with a silver foot in his mouth.
He was adopted, though.
>>
>>63425793
>>
>>63425793
He thinks everything he says is funny, when only some of the things he says are funny. I guess if you're an underage /b/edditor you'd think being a complete ass to somebody is funny (and it can be) but he's like Robin Williams, he's never "off". Always mean, all the time, constantly, because he can get away with it.
>>
>>63426509
Nope.
Chase was born in Lower Manhattan, New York City and was raised in Woodstock, New York.[5] His father, Edward Tinsley "Ned" Chase, was a prominent Manhattan book editor and magazine writer. His mother, Cathalene Parker (née Browning), a concert pianist and librettist, was the daughter of Admiral Miles Browning, who served a critical role at the Battle of Midway in World War II; she was adopted as a child by her stepfather, Cornelius Vanderbilt Crane, heir to The Crane Company, and took the name Cathalene Crane.[6] Chase's paternal grandfather was artist/illustrator Edward Leigh Chase, and his great-uncle was painter/teacher Frank Swift Chase. His maternal grandmother, Cathalene (Parker), was an opera singer who performed several times at Carnegie Hall.[7] Chase was named for his adoptive grandfather Cornelius, while the nickname Chevy was bestowed by his grandmother, derived from the medieval English The Ballad of Chevy Chase. As a descendant of the Scottish Clan Douglas, the name "Chevy" seemed appropriate to her.[8]

Chase is a fourteenth-generation New Yorker, and was listed in the Social Register at an early age. His mother's ancestors arrived in Manhattan starting in 1624; among his ancestors are New York City mayors Stephanus Van Cortlandt and John Johnstone; the Schuyler family through his ancestor Gertrude Schuyler, the wife of Stephanus Van Cortlandt; John Morin Scott, General of the New York Militia during the American Revolution; Anne Hutchinson, dissident Puritan preacher and healer; and Mayflower passengers and signers of the Mayflower Compact, John Howland,[9] and the Pilgrim colonist leader and spiritual elder of the Plymouth Colony, William Brewster.
>>
>>63426675
Okay, his mother was.
>>
File: tv-snl-chevythennow.jpg (79 KB, 717x438) Image search: [Google]
tv-snl-chevythennow.jpg
79 KB, 717x438
>>63426372
>>63425793
>>63426052
Reminder Chevy left the first season of Saturday night live because he thought he was above that and too good for sketch humor...
>>
>>63426787
>Dane Cook
>>
>>63425793

mfw I used to think Chevy sang that song back when I heard it in the 80s.
>>
>>63426787
He was right.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.