[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen to /tv/ if BvsS, Civil War, and Star Wars turn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: riv.jpg (27 KB, 445x363) Image search: [Google]
riv.jpg
27 KB, 445x363
What would happen to /tv/ if BvsS, Civil War, and Star Wars turn out to be masterpieces?
>>
Master pieces of shit, more likely
>>
>>63425337
masterpieces of what? these movies were crafted to appeal to as many people as possible in order to generate the maximum amount of revenue. there is no artistic ambition present in any of these movies and the creators would tell you the same thing. it's not a secret that most movies are not arthouse
>>
>>63425419
/thread
>>
File: 1445807081976.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1445807081976.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>63425337
>>
File: download (6).jpg (28 KB, 602x338) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
28 KB, 602x338
>>63425337
>Welcome to the machine
>>
>>63425337
I'd be happy but Hollywood hasn't been able to make a mainstream blockbuster film that was actually good/memorable since probably matrix

I didn't even like matrix but it had some actual cultural impact and is well put together
>>
>>63425337
Stupid question, there's 0% chance of that happening, maybe Star Wars will be decent, but that's it
>>
>>63426016
But what if it did happen? No one has answered the question yet. Not a capeshit or SW fan either, just asking for shits and giggles and curiosity.
>>
>>63425337
>BvsS
>masterpiece
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
/tv/ would still say they were shit.
>>
>>63425419
Fun bit of history with this:

Directors used to have more control over the movies. Then there were a couple of movies (can't remember which ones) that were flops after the director tried to make it an artistic masterpiece. After that, studios started taking more control to ensure that movies would turn a profit. Which meant, among other things, ensuring that movies appeal to a wider audience.

Also Jaws is generally considered the first "blockbuster" and set the trend of making movies that could generate huge profits.
>>
i'm pretty optimistic about the new star wars overall but i wouldn't go as far as to say that i think it'd be a masterpiece
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.