[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best netflix original series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Netflix-Originals-640x490.jpg (23 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
Netflix-Originals-640x490.jpg
23 KB, 640x490
What are the best netflix original series?
>>
File: bloodline.png (767 KB, 1110x610) Image search: [Google]
bloodline.png
767 KB, 1110x610
>>63422989

awesome
>>
I've enjoyed bojack horseman. A lot of people seem to like house of cards, but I can't vouch for it. Narcos is good too.`
>>
>>63423025
Is it really? I started watching the pilot and it was so brutally boring I gave up.

What's the show like?
>>
File: 1359661899792.jpg (85 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
1359661899792.jpg
85 KB, 629x800
>>63422989
Breaking Bad
Chef's Table
Bojack Horseman
Jessica Jones
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Dear Zachary
Knights of Sidonia
>>
>>63423081

Knights of Sidonia isn't netflix they just licensed it
>>
>>63422989

the first two seasons of house of cards are good

everything else they've done has been averagely mediocre
>>
>>63423081
>Breaking Bad
>>
>>63423074

it's not bright colors and explosions

so skip it
>>
>>63422989
Netflix originals are so overrated. Just because they have huge budgets doesn't make them good. But BoJack, Kimmy Schmidt and Daredevil are worth your time. I heard JJ was also good but haven't watched it yet.
>>63423081
Only BoJack and JJ are original series.
>>
The only good thing that came out of Netflix's OC is Beasts of No Nation
>>
>>63423162
I'm not saying I wanted explosions, I got to like 30 min in and nothing had happened that was interesting. Just lots of forlorn glances and unsaid mutterings.

What's the show about and like?
>>
PLATA

O

PLOMO
>>
>>63422989
Narcos was fun.
>>
File: plataoplumber.png (717 KB, 788x598) Image search: [Google]
plataoplumber.png
717 KB, 788x598
>>63423232
>>
>>63423081
Knights of sidonia is fucking terrible
>>
>>63423232
PLATA
L
O
M
O
>>
Narcos was alright - wonky acting.

Same goes for Master of None actually.
>>
>>63423280

Paisa Mario
>>
A Very Murray Christmas :)
>>
>>63424348
Bojack Horseman is excellent
Orange is the New Black gets super preachy at times, but has its moments.
The 4th season of Arrested Development is pretty good
Daredevil was pretty good.
>>
First two seasons of House of Cards
Orange is the new Black
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
>>
I don't understand why nobody liked Narcos. It's by far the best Netflix series, and probably the best show I saw this year
>>
>>63423162

soo intellectual good sir

>>63423074

you're not missing anything

it's wannabe prestige television, all spelled out with exposition at every turn, not unlike The Affair

But both look pretty and deal with super cereal adult themes so people buy that they're patrician
>>
>>63423199
You really don't like daredevil anon?
>>
>>63423202

It's basically about an alienated family member coming back. He was alienated for a reason, so all the members of the family are forced to confront their past demons.

The highlights of the show are stellar acting (Ben Mendelsohn, who plays the black sheep, absolutely kills it; everyone else is also above-average at the very least), cinematography, and organic dialogue.

With that said, the pacing and plot are points of contention. With the latter, as you mentioned, not everyone is drawn in from the get-go. With respect to the latter, the resolution to a key conflict could've gone a number of ways, so you'll of course have differences in reception.

I give it a solid 8/10, but I love Mendelsohn and Kyle Chandler (awesome as Coach Taylor in FNL --- definitely give that show a go if you haven't). YMMV, but I think you should at least give it a few episodes so you can make a more informed decision.
>>
Bojack is easily the best.
>>
>>63424717
Don't listen to this faggot.

The show is great, the performances are very nuanced so you gotta have patience and invest some time into it. Once I was a few episodes in I got hooked emotionally and couldn't stop watching.
>>
Hemlock Grove
>>
Arrested Development and Trailer Park Boys.

They just continued where their respected shows left off. This as opposed to every single other Netflix OC which has heavy market-researched undertones.
>>
Was that one about Marco Polo any good?
>>
Longmire?
That Lou Diamond Phillips and his bromance based with the Sharif
>>
I really hate Orange is the new Black and Jessica Jones.The rest of them are either great or at least watchable.
>>
Narcos and Bloodline are great.
>>
>>63424717
>it's wannabe prestige television, all spelled out with exposition at every turn, not unlike The Affair
>But both look pretty and deal with super cereal adult themes so people buy that they're patrician

Sounds like every Netflix drama desu
>>
>>63424717
I bet you watch capeshit.
>>
DareDevil is the best series, next to BoJack. Orange is the New Black is entertaining enough. That's about it.
>>
>>63427079
It wasn't great, but I liked it. Also it had a GOAT intro sequence.

Also gonna go ahead and suggest Lilyhammer as another decent netflix show.
>>
>>63426142
>>63424755
thanks anons.

I'll give the pilot another try. It really didn't impress me at first go, though.

Neither did Marco Polo.

Conversely, the Amazon original Mad Dogs was really great and I wanna see much more.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 620x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 620x458
>>
>>63428248
Wasn't feeling it by the end of s2, so not gonna bother with s3.
>>
>>63424635
>Narcos
>best show this year

When will this meme end?
>>
>>63424386
This.
>>
File: foggy-nelson.png (400 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
foggy-nelson.png
400 KB, 720x480
>>63424754
Quite possibly the worst actor in any mainstream work.
>>
>>63423172
I thought KoS was original.
>>
>>63427664

Lilyhammer first two seasons were alright. I'm glad it got cancelled.
>>
>>63428363
>wow that secretary bitch is pretty cute, I hope she gets a lot of screen time

FUCKING MONKEY PAW WISH.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.