[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it bad to go to the movies by yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 17
Why is it bad to go to the movies by yourself?
>>
>>63420410
because you look like an anti social virgin loser and people think this when they see you sitting alone with your nachos
>>
because then you have to pay the singles tax, and on top of the failed penis inspection and the sauna tax, going to the movies is too expensive
>>
>>63420410
It isn't, that is just what normies would have you believe. Enjoying a film is a solitary experience.
>>
It's perfectly fine, but theaters are cracking down on it as of late. I've gotten denied entry for it in the past. Recently I tried buying advanced passes for Jurassic World (I ordered 2 as not to arouse suspicion), but they came into the theater before the lights dimmed and asked me to leave.
>>
I like watching movies by myself because I tend to talk out loud and put myself in the Main character's shoes. Kind of makes it personal to me and more enjoyable.
>>
>>63420410
well this >>63420449

I went only once to the cinema alone and this is what it felt like
>>
>>63420410
Nothing, which is what I keep yelling at those stupid movie theater employees
>>
because going to the movies is a social activity. it's like going to a restaurant alone, or a football game, or an orgy
>>
>>63420410
getting stopped because of the no singles policy is usually pretty embarrassing
>>
File: 1424881148112.jpg (11 KB, 249x241) Image search: [Google]
1424881148112.jpg
11 KB, 249x241
>that one guy in the back who will always laugh out loud at the most dumb and easy jokes
>>
>>63420410
That's bullshit. When I go with other people I sit far away from them so I don't have to worry about them trying to talk to me during the fucken movie. I also go to restaurants alone if I've got a craving for something
>>
>>63421426

>because going to the movies is a social activity

No its not. You sit in a dark room alone facing away from each other. You dont even talk. Its not social.

>it's like going to a restaurant alone

There is literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>63421426
>sitting in the dark and told to stay silent
>social activity
>>
>>63421538
>No its not. You sit in a dark room alone facing away from each other. You dont even talk. Its not social.

what about the clapping? flicks are a social gathering, don't deny it

>There is literally nothing wrong with this

i mean a sit down restaurant with a menu. there is literally a thing wrong with this
>>
>>63421323
>>63421387
>>63421421
Is there really a singles tax? i see people go to the movies alone all the time and they never have to pay extra or be kicked out.
>>
I am more attractive than most females so it is actually really hard for me to get dates without them leading down a dangerous path.

See I friend zone most females because they want to fuck too soon and I have got STI before from some filthy animal. You have to remember womyn are straight up animals. I have been raped before and drugged in a car. Not kidding.

I go to a lot of things alone, and being attractive basically negates any negative connotation you have regardless of the action.

I have sat alone at a 5 star restaurant and eventually the entire wait staff was at my table and I took everyone out for drinks and this was all with absolutely zero friends.

Friends are overrated pieces of human waste. Most of them will only call you if they* need something, not the other way around. I also was blessed with mild autism so I can se through people and their demonic possessions.

I am from /g/ in the future after we have opened the Gate you can manipulate your DNA in yhe fourth dimension
>>
File: images (7).jpg (13 KB, 469x313) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
13 KB, 469x313
>>63420410
>tfw go to the movies with my QT Cantonese wife and see some faggot sitting on his own on the other side of the cinema
>we always make fun of that lone fag and make jokes while he sits by himself, XL popcorn and drinking his shitty watered down piss the theatre serves
>meanwhile I brought in a Johnny red premix for myself, a vodka cruiser for the missus, and Chinese food from the dankest place near us
>movie ends and we walk out holding hands and discussing the film we just watched before going home and rough fucking, then sleeping together in our cozy bed
>>
>>63421596

>there is literally a thing wrong with this

No there isnt sperglord.

>>63421628

>Most of them will only call you if they* need something, not the other way around

> Britney needs something, so I will call her now. Good thing I have telepathy.

Yes you do you have autism.
>>
>>63421617
Most theaters around me have it, except for this dingy budget theater, but it's pretty awful, full of guys alone masturbating to children's movies. Really terrible, stuff. So i'll out a few extra bucks to not have those creeps in my theater
>>
I only go to the theater alone because my "friends" are idiots who think that going to the theater is a social activity.. I also have a pretty nice home theater. I've never been denied access to a theater by being alone.
>>
File: tumblr_mpfqcoAJDF1qjjykgo1_500.gif (621 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpfqcoAJDF1qjjykgo1_500.gif
621 KB, 500x360
>local cinema has a no singles policy
>have nobody to see the new Star Wars with

guess I'll have to wait till the camrips come out...
>>
>>63421650
If your life was so great you wouldn't be on this board. Now post bane you lonely faggot
>>
I feel self-conscious when I go to movies with others. Everybody always wants to say something """"""""""""""""""witty"""""""""""""""" at least once when the movie's playing, and it's pretty annoying. I always just go alone now.
>>
>>63421899

>Everybody always wants to say something """"""""""""""""""witty"""""""""""""""" at least once when the movie's playing, and it's pretty annoying.

Oh thats the worst. I hate that. I have no problem telling my buds to shut up when they do that stuff.

Anyway, my pal and I had a great time at interstellar. Such Cry.
>>
nobody cares that you are there alone. if they do they have autism, and if you care you have autism. if someone ever denied access to me from seeing a movie alone, well thatd be good enough reason to do something . if you really wanna go to the theater with a bunch of your retard faggot friends who get there late, and you have to save seats for them, and they wanna sit on the end so they can get up and go piss. and then they have to whisper to you what they missed or whats happening, well then they will catch some.
>>
>>63421628
I am also a big fat shithead please fuck me in the ear
>>
>>63420410
I always do.
>>
Assigned seating a shit.

A big one.

A grat one.

I go to Mockingjay and pick a seat in an EMPTY THEATER. No other seats have been taken yet. 5 minutes before the movie starts a couple comes and and sits RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO ME. A minute before the movie starts another couple comes in and sits on the other fucking side of me. WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? "Oh honey let's sit next to the only other person in the theater ok?????"

Fucking cockmasters. Anyway I waited a few minutes and moved.
>>
>>63422447
>I go to Mockingjay

Whether or not this is bait, probably the only time you can't go see stuff in theaters by yourself is if it's Mockingjay.
>>
>>63422605

It isn't. I had a bunch of free passes.

Assigned seating is annoying although the recliners are not bad.
>>
>go see a movie with firends
>can't interact with them during the movie
>have to hear their pleb opinions afterwards
going alone is the only way
>>
I don't know if this is any consolation for those of you who are nervous to go alone to the cinema, but when I worked in one the vast majority of the people who came to the theatre by themselves to see a film were women in their early to mid-20s.

Maybe that helps, I dunno, maybe the "loser" status often attributed to guys who go alone doesn't quite seem to have the same weight as it once did? Who knows...
>>
File: 1449530649704.jpg (65 KB, 895x506) Image search: [Google]
1449530649704.jpg
65 KB, 895x506
>was 2009
>went to a late showing
>wanted to see a horror movie
>Drag Me To Hell was on the billing
>went inside early to catch the trailers
>room was completely empty
>meh more people will show up eventually
>trailers ended and all the lights turned off
>room was still empty
>okay
>right went the movie starts one guy enters
>he saw that the room was empty
>he said "oh shit"
>I said back "yeah"
>later realized that horror movies are scarrier and less annoying when the room is empty

Now I always wait till a horror movie is in its last week at the theaters to go enjoy it.
>>
>>63422645
I actually like assigned seating. Your situation could still happen even if seats weren't assigned. It's just people that are retarded--they would've sat next to you if seats weren't assigned just as well.
>>
>>63420410
I go alone all the time because my friends only enjoy movies like Jurassic World and Mad Max.
>>
File: 1331398440124.jpg (158 KB, 356x487) Image search: [Google]
1331398440124.jpg
158 KB, 356x487
I go to the movies regularly, but almost never after noon and almost always alone. I'll go with my sister if she's in town, but otherwise, I'm there to watch, not socialize.

>Morning movie alone master race reporting
>>
>>63422845
>job master race reporting in
>>
>>63422789

It seems to happen more in assigned seating. I think people just don't understand the color chart and then feel compelled to sit in the seats they chose.
>>
>>63422447
literally and figuratively this, piece of shit assigned seating.
>sit in the corner where I always do, plenty of legroom and the comfiest chair.
>sitting there drinking a beer I snuck in, getting ready to marathon a flick
>a morbidly obese couple and their kids sit next to me despite there being empty seats in every other row.
>I politely ask the mother if she would move because she disgusts me
>Now the fat father is trying to get involved, so I explain to him that I've been training Brazilian capoeira for about a decade now and that I could break him in half if I felt like it.
>he shut right up and just for fun I threw my beer can at the back of his fat head.
>theatre cop comes in and asks if there's a problem
>I tell him yeah there's a problem, you're about to get a fuckin beatdown.
>kick the shit out of the cop, walk out of the theatre and demand a full refund in cash and naturally I get one.
>>
>>63422900

>weekends
>>
>>63420410
It's like getting drunk by yourself. It's just sad
>>
>>63422916
I guess that seems possible. They always tell me "RED SEATS ARE AVAILABLE" or something though. People would have to be pretty dumb to fuck that up.
>>
>>63421538
>>it's like going to a restaurant alone

>There is literally nothing wrong with this

Maybe if you're a food critic or something.

But it's not worth the money if you go alone. And if it's a popular restaurant, you're taking a table.

"Sorry sir and ma'am we could make twice as much money from, that one gentleman sat by himself has that table."
>>
>Implying any of your friends would want to go watch Carol with you
>>
>>63422972
>And if it's a popular restaurant, you're taking a table.
If you're by yourself they're seating you at the bar, or a 2 person high-top near the kitchen door. No fucking hostess is going to put you, by yourself, in a booth during a rush.
>>
>>63423087
Oh, I thought we were talking about actual restaurants, not whatever it is you're talking about.

If it's a bar or a pub or something, sure.
>>
File: 1364574117899a.jpg (70 KB, 484x255) Image search: [Google]
1364574117899a.jpg
70 KB, 484x255
>>63420410
Because THEIR ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!
>THEIR ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!
>>
>>63422918

Gatorade bottles half filled with vodka are the way to go.
>>
>>63423237
A few people in the top left of this image are by themselves.

Two of them are woman so they're probably waiting for friends, but what about that one guy?
>>
>>63422900
>he doesn't work one week on, one week off

morning movies are god tier, tickets are always cheap and theaters are free of faggot teenagers
>>
>>63423296
>mfw work every day for months at a time
>>
>>63420410
I saw Fury Road alone. Fucking theater was empty too I was basically pic related but shouting profanity half the movie
>>
Go when there are fewer people.
>>
>>63421617
No, the trolls are everywhere.
>>
>>63422712
>having friends

Fuck you
>>
>>63421617
>being this retarded
>>
>>63421617

Not if you have a permit like those people you saw must do.
>>
>>63423139
>actual restaurants
What "actual resteraunt" have you been too that doesn't have a bar? They have to service the drinks from somewhere adjacent to the kitchen (and not in the kitchen, because you don't give line chefs easy access to your booze). They usually have stools there, and are there to service weird loners.

At least in the US that's pretty standard for any "sit down" kind restaurant, from casual franchise restaurants to nicer establishments. I've spent enough time working in restaurants to have an accurate survey of the land.

Even if they don't have a bar, any decently sized place is going to have tables to accommodate all different sized parties. In terms of business, you're usually able to turn over a single diner a LOT faster than a table of 4. You have to remember that time is money too, and if you're out with friends you're going to be taking up those seats for an hour or two easily. Meanwhile they've served that many or more single diners in the same time frame.
>>
File: 1373056320770.gif (1 MB, 819x581) Image search: [Google]
1373056320770.gif
1 MB, 819x581
>movie starts
>obnoxious black people sit in front

JUST
>>
>>63423412
Fucking this. If there is something I'm willing to pay to see in the theater, I just go early in the day on a weekend. My local theater has an "early bird" special where the first showing of the day is discounted on top of the matinee prices. At most there are 4 or 5 people in the theater with the duper-duper jumbo screen. Bring a parka to keep from freezing to death, and get a large double shot coffee and it's comfy town. Take off your shoes, lay across three seats, fart wide open.

Just remember to look out for the cinema vipers.
>>
File: 1448905110955.png (90 KB, 921x735) Image search: [Google]
1448905110955.png
90 KB, 921x735
>>63421432
That would be me and my friend
>>
>>63423643
Sounds nice desu
>>
>>63420410

I saw a post on here I think about a kid who got made fun of because he was sitting alone. But he said he was eating popcorn and had a soda. To me that's the sad part, its too much like you're 'making a night of it'. Just go and see it, no need for popcorn and all that stuff. Unless you're watching the new transformers movie you shouldn't be eating popcorn anyway, that's pleb
>>
>>63421617
It's a meme, you dip
>>
File: bullshit but I believe it.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
bullshit but I believe it.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>63422918
>>
Wait, how do you guys get around the no singles policy?
>>
>>63424363

I signed up for the trusted single program and went through the FBI background check and psych exam so I can get in by myself.
>>
>>63424363
I just allow them to pat me down like TSA
>>
>>63424363

There is actually a theater in my area that is a singles only theater. The catch is each seat is in its own bullet proof box, you have to wear shackles on your wrists and ankles, and you have to provide proof that you been either been chemically castrated or have been taking impotency medication for the month leading into your theater visit.

Kind of a pain but its worth it.
>>
>>63420410
i work at cinema, yes people will look at you wird if you go alone, but to be honest i dont care, they are going to watch the movie notlike other people who pay 20$ for 2 tickets and than they chat thrugh entire movie
>>
>>63420410
You're only allowed to go to the movies alone if you're attractive
>>
>>63424526
>not being the designated rapist
>2015
>>
>>63424483
it's nice to have a minority 20 year old liberal art major frisk your crotch
>>
>>63422786
i went to watch this movie with my ex, odl lady trying to kill some bitch. good times
>>
>>63424555
trips confirms
>>
>>63421387
>(I ordered 2 as not to arouse suspicion)

muh sidez
>>
>>63424363
>Buy two tickets, tell the cashier you got a date coming, and tell her about how she's like the best girl you ever met
You know, small talk. Now, they won think you're a loser watching movies all by yourself

>before the movie starts, take out your cellphone and pretend you're having a conversation with your date
Shit like "Where are you? The movie is about to begin. Come quickly."

After that, if anyone approaches you and ask if you're alone, say she's in the bathroom. Works pretty well. If they ask you again(99% of the time they won't, but just in case they might), say she just text'd you, and she's having a diarrhea and won't be coming back for some time.
>>
>>63424363
Pay a hooker.

The problem is that you have to make up a fake story to get around the couple's quiz. So no chinatown whores, they have to know English. That + movie tickets + theater approved clothing for the hooker can get expensive. The good part is, you can smuggle in extra snacks through their vaginal cavities.
>>
>>63424363
Buy your tickets online, bring two coats, put one on the seat next to you.
>>
>>63424363
I take my marriage certificate.
>>
>>63424363
by going with my clone
>>
>>63424363
I take my wife.
>>
>>63424768
That's cheating
>>
>>63424768
burn in hell. but first check your wife's facebook
>>
File: 1.jpg (68 KB, 975x585) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
68 KB, 975x585
Because you can't experience these without someone else
>>63423554

>>63423554

>>63423554
>>
Wow you guys who go alone are fuckin PATHETIC. hahaha I usually go with my girlfriend or her boyfriend
>>
>>63421418
This is how I feel about most movies I watch alone. I can watch Netflix type stuff alone, but actually going to a theatre and watching something alone? forget it.
>>
ive been to the movies alone from time to time
usually a few weeks after the release

nothing wrong with it, i see plenty of people that do it around here.
>>
>>63421432
>implying he's not high
>>
Because I actually wanna go see a movie?
I invite my buddies first, but if they say no, then fuck it, I'll go myself.

You must be very immature and have low self-esteem to require someone else to hold your fucking hand like a baby to watch a movie by yourself.

But that was 3 years ago, I got a girl now and damn, its amazing. Get a gf u fucks.
>>
>>63421617
Yes, and if you're a single guy then there's a mandatory penis inspection as well
>>
no OP, it's an american meem, since they think going to movies is like going to a party or a social place.

>>63421596
>>63421426
>clapping

good american kid impersonation
>>
File: i'm not nervous at all.gif (388 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
i'm not nervous at all.gif
388 KB, 500x375
Being a normalfag sounds awful.
>>
>>63421617
It's pretty common in Mexico, there are even exclusive movie rooms for kids with toys and beds just to avoid creepy lonely pedos.
>>
>>63421418
Maybe you should be less self conscious loser. I've gone alone a fair number of times, ain't no big deal.
>>
>>63421432
I like that guy.
>>
>>63420410
It's not. I prefer to go to the movies by myself but the trick is to go at quiet viewings.
>>
>>63421899
Your friends are shit and you're probably shit too.
>>
>>63422760
I would have thought that demographic was one of the least likely to see a movie alone. Weird.
>>
>>63420410
I see a movie alone now and then.
Sometimes when I'm done work I don't want to go home, nor do I really want to talk to anyone.
>>
>>63422972
>But it's not worth the money if you go alone.
Stop going to shitty restaurants.
>And if it's a popular restaurant, you're taking a table.
What do I give a shit for? It's not my fucking responsibility to ensure maximum profitability for the place I'm eating at.
>>
The only good /tv/ meme is Baneposting.
>>
>>63421387
It's a family movie, you must have looked like a pedophile
>>
>>63424363
I bring my license to meme.
>>
>>63420410
It isn't. It's just another flavor of /tv/ shitposting.
>>
>>63422370
Same, is there really such a thing as a no singles policy? Though I have to agree with what this autist says, being an attractive alpha helps
>being attractive basically negates any negative connotation you have regardless of the action
>>
File: 1393933317197q.gif (430 KB, 350x398) Image search: [Google]
1393933317197q.gif
430 KB, 350x398
>>63423603
You can make them pay anon. You can make them all pay. You know you want to.
>>
there's actually nothing wrong with going by yourself. you just care too much about what other people think of you, which proves you're insecure as fuck.
>>
>>63423643
>lay across three seats
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID THIS!

Of course it's not necessary now that a lot of cinemas are putting in recliners
>>
>>63423816
If if spend over $10 on anything I'm dang well sure going to make a night of it. I don't care if it's a toy or figure I just picked up. I'll be fucking and looking at it all night long.
>>
File: 1396723446642j.gif (751 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1396723446642j.gif
751 KB, 250x188
>>63422918
Replace the fat fuck family with a loud ass Black family that bring their own smelly food from home in tin foil and you got yourself a good story there anon.

Story also needs an epic twist ending!
>>
>>63428209
>get home and realize I was dead the whole time
>>
File: 1412122012489.jpg (246 KB, 477x640) Image search: [Google]
1412122012489.jpg
246 KB, 477x640
>>63422972
>you're taking a table.
Thats the best reason I could think of for going.
Fuck that perfect Chad Family of four waiting in the corner for a table. I'm eating my food slowly.

>I'm going to need another order of cheese cake and a Coke!
>>
>>63423237

The first time i saw this it legit took me like 5 min to get it. Then i realized the guy had cancer :(
>>
>>63423087
>they're seating you at the bar, or a 2 person high-top near the kitchen door.
I've never been to a restaurant in my life thats had high top seats or a bar in my life.
>>
>>63428447

Have you ever been to a restaurant?
>>
>>63428344
there better be a table of fries next to this...
>>
I seriously dont know how you keep memeing this shit into oblivion
>>
>>63427455
this. its not like people are looking at you during the movie and why care what they think
>>
File: 1448160691781.png (147 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1448160691781.png
147 KB, 400x343
>>63420410
It's not. Faggot theater companies got scared by James Holmes so now us autismal people can't go to movies by ourselves anymore. I have to pay disgusting Craigslist assholes $10 to enter with me every time I go now.
>>
>being such a beta that you question going to the movies by yourself

do what you want to do, fuck everyone else.
>>
>>63429518

Is this a U.S. only thing? Because, I go alone all the time here in Toronto and never thought anything of it. And yes I've invited friends along but sometimes they are too busy.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.