[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>over five years since he died >still no biopic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: michael-jackson.jpg (97 KB, 648x579) Image search: [Google]
michael-jackson.jpg
97 KB, 648x579
>over five years since he died
>still no biopic
>>
I'm actually surprised by this too, I kind of hope they don't make one as a sign of respect.
>>
Directed by David Lynch
>>
Watch the Martin Bashir interview.
>>
File: 140.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>63420322
>he died
>>
>>63420322
Prob a lot of fighting over the rights nuckaa
>>
The hard part is deciding whether or not you cast a white man and put him in blackface, or cast a black man and bleach his skin into oblivion.
>>
Because in reality he was borderline insane. A faithful adaption would have to include all the pedo stuff, the skin disease stuff, the child abuse, the trials and him hanging around with kids all the time.
People don't want to see that. They want't to see Michael writing hit singles and dancing around with a big happy smile on his face.
If they ever make a MJ film, it would be some fucked up shit.
>>
>>63420948
Also how to tackle the whole piece of shit child molesting nigger thing
>>
File: thriller_disclaimer.gif (10 KB, 300x221) Image search: [Google]
thriller_disclaimer.gif
10 KB, 300x221
>>63420791
He did but if there was anyone who had access to some kind of secret mind upload technology or a supernatural way to cheat death (e.g. a soul jar) it was Michael Jackson.
>>
>Screw me
>Jew me
>Everybody do me
>Kick me
>Kike me
>Don't you black or white me

What did he mean by this
>>
>>63421050
>The idea that these lyrics could be deemed objectionable is extremely hurtful to me, and misleading. The song in fact is about the pain of prejudice and hate and is a way to draw attention to social and political problems. I am the voice of the accused and the attacked. I am the voice of everyone. I am the skinhead, I am the Jew, I am the black man, I am the white man. I am not the one who was attacking. It is about the injustices to young people and how the system can wrongfully accuse them. I am angry and outraged that I could be so misinterpreted.
>>
A properly done biopic would be my dream film, but it's extremely unlikely. First of all, finding an actor who could portray MJ, potentially through all of his physical changes, would be extremely difficult. Second, there's so much fucked up shit in his life that the Jackson family would probably sue if any of it was in the film.
>>
>>63420993
Was the child molestation ever proven to be real?
>>
>>63421979
No, and that would be the hardest part to tackle. How to portray something so serious when we really have no clue what happened.

>inb4 someone claims they know he did or didn't do it

We'll never know if he did it or not. It's completely plausible that he was a pedophile. And it's equally plausible that he wasn't but since he was so fucking weird, people tried to say he was in order to extort him.
>>
>biopic for a pedophile
>>
File: 0,,668965,00.jpg (57 KB, 648x312) Image search: [Google]
0,,668965,00.jpg
57 KB, 648x312
Comeback when?
>>
>>63420791
he began to call out the jew anon
hes dead
>>
>>63420322

Been over six years, f am.
>>
>>63420322
>"Spike Lee focuses on the white-gloved one in “Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall,” about the early Jackson album"
>Documentary to be shown at the Sundance Film Festival
This Is It was also alright from what I remember.
>>
>>63420948

You gotta cast that fucking manlet Bruno Mars for early adulthood Jackson.
>>
There's a good song about him though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU
>>
>>63420948
Gotta go with a light skinned black guy or else it will be considered too offensive. Can't go with a dark skinned or chocolate black guy or else the face will look silly. His nose is smaller thinner in his later years so you can't use a prosthetic. For his early years they can use a big rounded prosthetic nose.
>>
>>63423062
Obviously if anyone had undeniable proof he molestsd kids, he would've gotten convicted for it. There's so much shady shit with the kid saying he knew where the skin discoloration on MJ's butt cheek was, and then finding artistic nude photos of young boys in his house, and a small crawl space passageway going from one room to another. It would be best if they portrayed him as really creepy and disturbed without claiming anything specific.
>>
>>63420948
Just cast Bruno Mars as black Mike and Rose McGowan as white Mike
>>
>>63424153
This could work. People are more open minded to this kind of thing if it's done in an artsy way. Just look at Halle Barry playing an elderly Korean man in Cloud Atlas.
>>
>Moonwalker
Granted it's mostly just his music videos. It would probably just be an Oscar b8 flick forgotten within a few months like Selma or The Butler.

>>63420976
He wasn't a pedo but he was mentally ill, and wanted to be white/was a manchild. He would fit in well with modern 4chan demographic.

>>63421050
He hated the music industry Jews. Funny is how these were the only two words (jew, kike) they censored.
>>
>>63425040

That shit that Todd Haynes did with Bob Dylan was pretty inventive... Though, some of Jackson's life might be a bit too off-putting in its oddness for something like that to work.
>>
File: Tyler_James_Williams_2012.jpg (633 KB, 1643x2054) Image search: [Google]
Tyler_James_Williams_2012.jpg
633 KB, 1643x2054
perfect casting
everyone hates chris -jackson 5
bruno mars -solo
rose mcgowan - skin bleached
>>
>>63420976

This. Even if they ignore all the kiddy-diddling accusations and lawsuits in the movie, it would still turn everyone off & ruin his memory because he was completely batshit.
He made great music but that guy was one of the biggest trainwrecks in pop-culture history. Best thing for him is that we just see reruns of his videoclips & live performances and leave it at that.
>>
>>63420976

This exactly.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8 KB, 183x275
>>63420976
>people dont want to see

sure is ungrateful ape up in here
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 272x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 272x480
Will captain EO make an appearance in new Star Wars?

>tfw he was suppose to be jar jar binks.
He would have single handedly save the prequels
>>
He did have a biopic called Man in the Mirror, it was god awful.
>>
File: freddie-mercury.jpg (152 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
freddie-mercury.jpg
152 KB, 2197x1463
>over thirty years since he died
>still no biopic
>>
Gillian Jacobs as Michael Jackson
>>
>>63425115
>He would fit in well with modern 4chan demographic

Not the market you want to be selling to.
>>
File: suddenly mj.webm (3 MB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
suddenly mj.webm
3 MB, 480x364
>>63420322
Honestly, I don't think any actor could truly portray him. It would take at least four or five actors throughout a single biopic.

Bear with me now, you'd need first a child actor to play babby Jackson 5 era MJ. Then you need a very black looking actor to play him in the early 70s, then maybe a different one or an actor with make-up/prosthetics to match his 80s look when he started getting repeated plastic surgeries. Problem is this: I seriously doubt the chance that there would actually be an actor capable of delivering a genuine dramatic performance of MJs songs while ALSO being able to dance and sing the way he did in any replicable way. Essentially they'd need to hire a few of those MJ impersonators who have learned all his dance moves down to a tee, as well as an actor to play him in dramatic roles.

Also there would be the controversy of choosing whether to depict him as a man wrongly accused while mentally a manchild from years of being ridiculously famous and rich, having little concept of what a "normal" life is like, or choosing to depict him as a deranged pedophile exploiting his fame to sexually engage children.

Basically I'm sure it's been discussed multiple times, but it's just so difficult to make an MJ movie in the style of "Ray" or something like that. There was literally no one like him.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.