[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feels like there's no Star Wars hype? As if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 11STARWARSjp-master675.jpg (92 KB, 675x439) Image search: [Google]
11STARWARSjp-master675.jpg
92 KB, 675x439
Anyone else feels like there's no Star Wars hype? As if everyone knows they should be hyped, but aren't for some reason. Every time Disney shoves it in various ads and shows you can't help but feel annoyed. You can tell they're forcing the hype, your brain knows it's all fake.
>>
"WHAR IS ALL DA HYPE AND MARKETING" has to be the most insufferable brand of marketing.
>>
File: 1448925524275.jpg (134 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
1448925524275.jpg
134 KB, 599x888
>>63415974

nigger, everywhere I look, I see star wars.

fucking star wars cereal, star wars makeup, star wars night lights, star wars water bottles, fucking star wars threads all god damn day on /tv/
>>
Mmm I love it
>>
>>63416045
Yet it doesn't generate excitement for a movie.
>>
Its the seventh movie in a franchise

certainly a lot more hype than there was for shit like avatar or jurassic world

plus the new generation is very one note and ADD, Star Wars will be really big for the week after it comes out but theyre not as likely to focus on something months and weeks before release
>>
File: 1405690047941.jpg (24 KB, 297x287) Image search: [Google]
1405690047941.jpg
24 KB, 297x287
>>63415974
A new Star Wars movie is coming EVERY SINGLE YEAR ad infinitum.

Marketing has already gone overkill when I walk into a store and see Star Wars apples.

Within the next 3 years people are gonna be even more sick of this shit than even capeshit.

It's hard to keep the hype going now.
>>
>>63416090
oh you dumb fuck
>>
>>63415974

all the marketing I've seen has been corporate tie-ins and they've been unbearable
>>
>>63416252
>Star wars apples

Yfw spaceballs already predicted this back in the 80's with those star wars merchandise parody scenes
>>
>>63416252
People aren't sick of superhero movies, though.
>>
>>63416344
Many are.

Personally I think capeshit's the worst genre in existence even below romantic comedies and Sandra Bullock movies.
>>
>>63416090
for you.

Seriously though, I'm not hyped at all, and I'm not in any social circles IRL or online that give a shit, but people are hyped for it.
>>
>>63415974
I heard that originally they were only going to release one trailer.

That must not have gotten them enough cross-demographic results so they are doing a more typical media carpetbombing campaign.
>>
>>63416322
How do you like the Star Wars Jeep commercial that has nothing to do with the movie and is just a corporate cross-marketing?

>>63416343
Parody is always based in truth.
>>
>>63416252
>Disney acquires properties
>milk the ever living fuck out of them
>derivative SW/Marvel films
>SW/Marvel toys and games
>SW apples
>SW everything

I kinda wish Disney bought out Nintendo desu. Every IP thought dead would be milked to hell and back and it'd be glorious.
>>
>>63416343
I wonder if a marketing exec is a Spaceballs fan and actually delayed their suicide by a year to bring Mel Brook's dystopian dreams to fruition.
>>
File: PLaUJgR.jpg (706 KB, 2080x1560) Image search: [Google]
PLaUJgR.jpg
706 KB, 2080x1560
Pic as proof.

It's right there in the front of the grocery store when you enter so you can't miss it.
>>
It's perhaps the most cynical release of the year, followed by Jurassic World.
>>
>>63416440
Remember when Disney weren't making sequels because that was Walt's will? What happened to that?
>>
>>63415974
I'm trying to lower my hype, because all they've done is make fantastic trailers that literally gave me chills the first few times I've watched them.

I haven't watched anything released after the International trailer. I intend to keep it that way.
>>
Hard to be hyped with Jew Jew Abrams at the helm
>>
>>63416540
Abrams has a lot to live up to.

Most don't expect him to at least be better than "prequel trilogy George Lucas."

Most expect him to produce another "Empire Strikes Back," which he will NOT do.

And that creates a lot of cynicism.
>>
>>63416604
Execs of today piss on the graves of the people who's companies they've taken over. It's normal. Every car company does it, every movie studio does it, and fuck every every type of company does it.
>>
>>63415974
Personally the prequels not even because they were poorly conceived was a story that didn't really need telling. This is just tacking something on to the end of what was a pretty clean satisfying ending anyway. I really don't care. I'll probably go see it at some point when my schedule allows but no I'm not really "hype" for it.

What I am honestly more interested in is Rogue Squadron. It's what they should have done to begin with concerning the franchise, and that's explore more of the Star Wars universe. Be tween the little things that Lucas didn't feel the need to flesh out and all the extended universe shit there is/was tons of great material to work with. My assumption is though that even though they'd stand to make millions having to share that with any of the creators of the other stories or characters was unacceptable. I just don't give a fuck about the Skywalker line or legacy or children and grandchildren of any of the original characters.
>>
>>63416604
Disney has about as much of a connection to Walt as the Ford motor company has to Henry Ford.

they don't give a flying fuck about the vision of the founder. if anything, their board of directors are probably laughing their asses off they took over moral gentile enterprises.
>>
>>63416666
>Abrams has a lot to live up to.

No, its the exact opposite. Abrams has a lot to make up for. For to "live up" to what lucas has done with the franchise, all he'd need to do is make a movie that's better than attack of the clones. So what abrams has to do, in order to make up for the prequels, is make a star wars movie that's so good it causes people to forget the prequels and special editions happened.
>>
>>63416382
>many are
Not enough to make ant man make less money than iron man.
>>
>not hype
>watch trailer
>a bunch of stupid boring shit
>one second of space fighters exploding and shit

fuck, my one weakness.
>>
>>63415974
Go outside. I dare you anon
>>
>>63416389
my dad's excited

the twinkly-eyed excitement of a child on christmas. He just wants to re-live his teen years by watching Star Wars and I'm sure he's going to be crushed when it's The Phantom Menace all over again, poor guy.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.