[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth the watch, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Is it worth the watch, /tv/?
>>
>>63412964
best thing Kubrick ever put on film. You be the judge
>>
Yes, but that is the shittiest poster.
>>
yes its good
>>
>>63412964
It's a heavy-handed courtroom drama, not a war film. And it's Anti-French, so it's the most 'murrican Kubrik's film.
>>
>>63412964
Minimalist posters need to be banned forever
It's becoming a new meme to suddenly start discussing great films and then post a reddit poster to still make it b8. Holy crap it makes me mad
>>
File: 1389503153160.jpg (27 KB, 312x302) Image search: [Google]
1389503153160.jpg
27 KB, 312x302
>that poster
>>
>>63412964
>thought those were stripper poles and cum splattering when i first saw it
>didn't see the rifle barrel until later
>>
Yes, it's a classic.

That fucking ending just makes me so incredibly sad.
>>
Very good movie

>>63413067
It's anti-war not anti-French lad
>>
I held off watching it for ages but finally did. It's alright. Not his best but watchable.
>>
File: 1418585829730.jpg (104 KB, 677x782) Image search: [Google]
1418585829730.jpg
104 KB, 677x782
I thought the girl singing at the end was incredibly beautiful and then found out Kubrick married her, the sly dog

>tfw not an auteur
>tfw no German qt
>>
File: judsuss_pppa.jpg (191 KB, 526x725) Image search: [Google]
judsuss_pppa.jpg
191 KB, 526x725
>>63414551
He married her because she was the niece of the man who directed this and Kubrick was a self-hating Jew.
>>
I liked it.

Mostly because I like period pieces.
>>
>>63412964
Great movie, but this poster makes me rage so fucking hard.
>>
>>63413067
>heavy-handed
>anti-french

maximum pleb
>>
>>63414653
Or maybe he wanted to control her. It could be seen as a power play and organized rape. Jews don't value marriages unless they're with jews anyways. They consider them not real.
>>
>>63415542
Funnily enough his first two marriages to Jews ended in divorce while he and Christiane remained married for 40 years until his death.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.